It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enigmatic Pyramids of the Amazon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In the tangled and dense jungles of the Amazon there are numerous mysteries that could probably help us understand how ancient civilizations live in the distant past. We know so little about our planet, and researchers are unaware of the possible finding that can be discovered in the Amazon.

​As technology moves forward and tools as Google Earth become more popular, many people try their luck hoping to make a discovery that no one else has made in the past. Google Earth has become the one of the boldest tools numerous archaeologists are using, consistently delivering huge results that help researchers in many ways.

We are talking about the pyramids of paratoari, usually referred to as “the dots”, seen in one of the satellite images from NASA.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Helenamatias

I look forward to reading more about this - although I must say it looks rather like an angry green pimple than a pyramid and doesn't seem to be the same shape as some of the South American pyramids.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Just watched this new vid as well ....Ancient Underground Megalith at Kabardino-Balkaria of the Size and Design of the Great Giza Pyramid

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helenamatias
In the tangled and dense jungles of the Amazon there are numerous mysteries that could probably help us understand how ancient civilizations live in the distant past. We know so little about our planet, and researchers are unaware of the possible finding that can be discovered in the Amazon.

​As technology moves forward and tools as Google Earth become more popular, many people try their luck hoping to make a discovery that no one else has made in the past. Google Earth has become the one of the boldest tools numerous archaeologists are using, consistently delivering huge results that help researchers in many ways.

We are talking about the pyramids of paratoari, usually referred to as “the dots”, seen in one of the satellite images from NASA.

Interesting discovery, if legit ... do you have a source for the aerial images at the 02:45 mark? Or is an image of similar resolution still available via Google Earth?
edit on 16-5-2016 by jeep3r because: removed vid from quote

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

Yes the source is google earth and NASA satellite photograph number C-S11-32W071-03, released in 1976

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Just watched this new vid as well ....Ancient Underground Megalith at Kabardino-Balkaria of the Size and Design of the Great Giza Pyramid

Wow, nice video, tks

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helenamatias

Yes the source is google earth and NASA satellite photograph number C-S11-32W071-03, released in 1976

Thanks. Apparently that's the black and white image showing the dots (source). Is there a source for the color photos as well?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

i will ask for

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

IIRC, this site was visited in maybe the 80's (maybe earlier?) and it turned out that they were weren't anywhere near as regular in shape or spacing as they appeared in the satellite image (which was black and white, I'm not sure what the color image @ 00:55 is) and the conclusion was that they were a natural formation.

EDIT:

Yeah, here you go: Atlas Obscura - Pyramids of Paratoari

In 1996 Gregory Deyermenjian, member of the explorers club and Peruvian explorer, made an expedition to the "pyramids" to find out what they were once and for all. While Deyermenjian a seasoned Peruvian explorer has found plenty of evidence of Incan inhabitance in the area, such as petroglyphs, paved roads, and platforms, the pyramids or "dots" were not. Upon close inspection Deyermenjian could see that they were not made by human hands but were natural sandstone formations, known as truncated ridge spurs, which can take the form of natural pyramids.

BTW, Gregory Deyermenjian is the guy pictured in front of the petroglyphs. Those are the the Petroglyphs of Pusharo.
edit on 2016-5-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ahhh ... mommy nature playing with 'anthro-apologists' again... too bad.

Though there are a zillion investigation worthy sights in the Amazon region, of course... one that still tickles me is the huge swath of area in Guyana that appears to have been something of an urban sprawl, with irrigation ditches and overgrown farmlands stretching for miles... I last read of it a decade ago and some est 8,000 bp pottery was found, but funding was scarce as it lacked big pyramids.

I wish I could be more informative (or interesting, or even younger and richer) but that's all my memory has atm.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

If you liked that one then you might want to check out their many others as well . This is the latest .

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Cool stuff.

I like the computer voice.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

If you liked that one then you might want to check out their many others as well . This is the latest .

Hmm, that french ruin look's almost like the stone's from Greenland were the viking church was ground down during the little ice age but that ice age did not cause glaciation that far south, there was one but that was of course over 12000 years ago now, could this be that old?, could this be the remain's of an ancient stone city ground down by the ice age? unlikely but not impossible and a great video.

As for the other site's, not glaciation but definitely intriguing.

edit on 20-5-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join