It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April breaks global temperature record, marking seven months of new highs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Hey, that's pretty cool. Hopefully they aren't still blasting holes in the o-zone though. You know how those college kids can be, especially with something that plays with the ionosphere (I'm only half kidding)

Thanks for the update, I hadn't heard

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

What harm could possibly come from a few beered up Frat brothers using frickin "lazer" beams to rule the world?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

But everyone in the thread well 90% of them are reporting colder then average temperatures all across the country. But yep we better not believe our lying eyes.
edit on 18-5-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Interesting that southern Ontario Canada has had its coldest April in 20 years.

I'm still leaning towards big cyclical earth changes occurring, cyclical sun changes etc.

I am sure that humans are causing a portion of it but I feel we really do not know how much

The climate study fraud that occurred in England along with the highly complex models and use of proxies for a lot of the data seeing as we weren't around to collect weather data for tens of millions of years makes me doubt the robustness of the models and their results. Any errors would basically make the data garbage.

I feel more work and study needs to be done. And I absolutely agree that clean energy and reducing pollution is very important but all these green carbon caps and taxes etc are basically another wealth grab by the elites IMHO

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LibraJustice
Interesting that southern Ontario Canada has had its coldest April in 20 years.

I'm still leaning towards big cyclical earth changes occurring, cyclical sun changes etc.

I am sure that humans are causing a portion of it but I feel we really do not know how much

The climate study fraud that occurred in England along with the highly complex models and use of proxies for a lot of the data seeing as we weren't around to collect weather data for tens of millions of years makes me doubt the robustness of the models and their results. Any errors would basically make the data garbage.

I feel more work and study needs to be done. And I absolutely agree that clean energy and reducing pollution is very important but all these green carbon caps and taxes etc are basically another wealth grab by the elites IMHO

Even if the data started off golden, they "finesse" the data and models for over a decade now trying to get them what they want them to say. Still haven't quite been able to make ANY model that says the things they say will happen, but they're trying real hard to build one.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordDraconia
a reply to: amazing

But everyone in the thread well 90% of them are reporting colder then average temperatures all across the country. But yep we better not believe our lying eyes.

But that's how real climate works. The average global temperature can rise...meaning all over the entire earth, atmosphere and ocean but it can still be snowing where you are and there is still ice on Mt Everest in the summer.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
been pretty cold in s illinois too
im ready for HOT!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Lucky you. I am 40 miles west of you (Dunn?) in the City of Oaks and its been wet - not a single ray of sunshine - and wetter the last two days. All weather is truly local. Not so lucky me.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
For each person that dies of hot weather, two people die due to cold weather. Seems we could at least make it even before complaining.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Someone asked where in the world it was warmer than average for April.
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Here's the same for Jan-Apr
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

April 2016 was characterized by warmer to much warmer-than-average conditions across most of Earth's land surfaces, according to the Land & Ocean Temperature Percentiles map above. The most notable warm temperature departures were observed across much of Russia and Alaska, where temperatures were 3.0°C (5.4°F) or greater above average. Record warmth was notable across northern and central South America and parts of southern Europe, western and central Africa, southeastern Asia, eastern Australia, southern Alaska, and the Caribbean.

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

This kind of a silly representation don't you think?
What's up with these squares, how are they measuring this, where is all the data coming from?
Maybe with satellites they could measure these column temperatures but the sources are retrieved from ground stations i believe.
(you wouldn't dare to put up satellite data right)

This can't be an accurate representation of temperature.
There are squares that do not have a station so how do they get these temperatures?

Near average, warmer than,...much warmer than,...
really NOAA?

My square is showing a normal temperature(near average) yet to my own sensation it was warmer all the way from januari to april.
My family lives in a square 3000km away from mine and their squares shows a warmer than average yet they had pretty cold temperature the first months of 2016.
To my opinion, these maps are far from accurate or they have screwed with the average.

Eta. so I just compared them with the same from 2015 showing a much warmer than average for my area, yet it was way colder last year. I've burned almost the double amount of timber last year
edit on 18-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

What's up with these squares, how are they measuring this, where is all the data coming from?

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

My family lives in a square 3000km away from mine and their squares shows a warmer than average yet they had pretty cold temperature the first months of 2016.
Warmer than average does not mean it wasn't cold.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It does not provide an answer to my question.

Warmer than average does not mean it wasn't cold.

No I understand that.
But compared to previous years, you should have an idea if it was colder or warmer.
The averages are calculated on a time frame of 35 year. So if you've been farming for over 30 years, you should have quite a good idea if it has been warmer or colder as temps are a major factor if you are growing food.

edit on 18-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

More activity meant warmer weather, and less meant cooler weather.

Solar activity has been declining.

Which explains all the cooler temperatures everyone is seeing!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire
You asked about the grid system. The answer is in the link I provided.

How is the average global temperature anomaly time-series calculated?

The global time series is produced from the Smith and Reynolds blended land and ocean data set (Smith et al., 2008). This data set consists of monthly average temperature anomalies on a 5° x 5° grid across land and ocean surfaces.

So if you've been farming for over 30 years, you should have quite a good idea if it has been warmer or colder as temps are a major factor if you are growing food.
A good idea of a difference in the monthly average that amounts to 1º-2º? I doubt that. Not unless you keep records and running averages. What you might do though, is notice a couple of days that are 10º lower than average but not all the days that are 2º above average.

edit on 5/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

No cooler temps here. I'm sweating.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Everyone is not seeing cooler temperatures. Alaska has not. Russia has not. South America has not. Many places have not.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

still it doesn't answer my question on how the grids without stations gets measured. Yes you could get an average from the surrounding grids but that's just a false representation.
Are they saying every grid has at least 1 temperature sensor?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

No cooler temps here. I'm sweating.

Cooler where I am, and for family in warmer places, too. Not "cool", perhaps, but cooler than usual for this time of year. I'd be sweating at 85°, even if the norm was 95°.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Everyone is not seeing cooler temperatures. Alaska has not. Russia has not. South America has not. Many places have not.

Many places have. Most comments I see from people reporting their local temps, it's been cooler for a while now. I talk to people all over the planet, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join