It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April breaks global temperature record, marking seven months of new highs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Cool. Have you ever thought about building a satellite with the equipment? From what I understand those things are worth a fortune if you sold them one you could get rich.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

It was a cooler than average most of April here I live. It's cooler than usual now, for that matter.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Haha, it don't work that way. I have to get special permission to even enter that lab.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

From what I saw, it's the sun. Nothing more, nothing less. Special I saw, can't recall the title, a scientist tracked weather over a lot of years, and compared to solar activity. More activity meant warmer weather, and less meant cooler weather. Yet the GW crowd wants us to panic and assume we can change things. I'd love to know how they intend to control solar activity!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yeah up here in virginia 2 states away from y'all it's cold as hell, it was 62 today supposed to be 50 Tuesday. It's rained for the past two weeks and has been grey cloudy and overcast. This is what our winters are usually like, not mid MAY!!! Global warming my as s. 😆

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

Maybe I should consider moving back East then.

It's hot as hell here, had the AC blasting all day and hotter tomorrow. I hate the heat. Hate summer. Hate hot weather.

Do like the bikinis though.

edit on 16-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye>>>> Does anybody REALLY believe this? They couldn't get people on board believing that global warming is a threat or even real. Then about 6 months ago they decided to put the media to use for a media blitz and campaign. What happens, they publish story after story about global warming and yet the weather seems normal to even cooler than normal. Sigh.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm in Charleston SC and it's been unusually cooler for May.
Usually we'd be swimming by now. However this year, no way!

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

More activity meant warmer weather, and less meant cooler weather.

Solar activity has been declining.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Local weather can be a bitch, it's rather chill in Denmark too.

Blame the low cost of oil around the world....

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Yeah and next year it may be 1C below the mid-century mean, that is how averages are calculated.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
a reply to: southbeach

I'm in Minadao and it's been raining nonstop here.

I was in Mindanao for 4 months before Christmas and it rained a lot as well but I'm only a 4 hour boat journey from Dapitan Mindanao on Western Vizayas and it's really a drought,the only good thing about it is there are no Mosquitoes.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Me either. Normally in Southern New Mexico by May it's extremely hot and I need to run the AC especially between 2 and 5 PM. We have had cold days and spring days and moderate days but hardly a hot day yet. Trust your own senses before the lies they spew on us.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: amazing

But most real Climate Scientists look back Billions of years

Where the HADES did that come from ? Al Gore ? He invented the internet , ya know.
Climatologists usually go by records that barely exceed the 20th Century. They have no records dating back billions of years. Only TRUE science professions such as geologists , biologists , archeologists go back further than 1900 .

The world is only "billions" of years old

I truly hope that was sarcasm

I don't think you understand Climate Science. LOL

As I posted earlier, Climate Science studies current climate and weather patterns and the scientific data we have amassed over the last Century or two. But it also take into account and uses the data of other Scientific fields to look at Ice Core data, tree rings, sediment, geological records and so much more.

It's that kind of data that shows us that we used to have Ice Ages. Other wise we would have no idea. Does that make sense? According to your reply up there, you think scientists just guess that we had ice ages, because they were bored or something. There is actual scientific data supporting that.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordDraconia

Me either. Normally in Southern New Mexico by May it's extremely hot and I need to run the AC especially between 2 and 5 PM. We have had cold days and spring days and moderate days but hardly a hot day yet. Trust your own senses before the lies they spew on us.

But that's just one local account. I live in Vegas and it's been hot already. Way too hot. I've been wearing shorts since January. I've been here off and on for twenty years and it gets hotter every year. Trust your own senses before the lied they spew on us. The globe is getting warmer.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%,, it's all political...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Once again, somehow I live in the new arctic circle. We had frost and snow flurries in May. We broke cold temperature records again this spring. We have been breaking them for 3 winters and 2 summers now. Yet somehow the rest of the world keeps getting hotter!! I want to join the party. I even bought a pool!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: LordDraconia

But that's just one local account. I live in Vegas and it's been hot already. Way too hot. I've been wearing shorts since January. I've been here off and on for twenty years and it gets hotter every year. Trust your own senses before the lied they spew on us. The globe is getting warmer.

Well, obviously, the same can't be said for the entire US. So while the global data seems to point to a warming trend, some areas seem to be immune to it. Perhaps in a few years, Vegas might have a cooler season than normal. Or it might just get so damn hot everyone moves somewhere else. But we will likely have to wait to find out.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

"I blame HAARP" - the answer I still see so frequently and it baffles me people don't do the research and see that the Air Force notified Congress quite some time ago that they are closing HAARP and the dismantling is already under way (if not already completed by now).

It just goes to show how many people don't actually do the research and just regurgitate other crap they've heard that isn't legit.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Actually, the facility was given to the University of Alaska, Fairbanks by the Navy.
www.gi.alaska.edu...

It's now run by the school. And all the conspiracy folks who worry about it could go and take a class on it, and run it themselves. Perhaps steer a hurricane or two, maybe create a wormhole to the 43rd dimension.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join