It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April breaks global temperature record, marking seven months of new highs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

There's been a .01°F change in the temperature of the ocean...........over the past few decades or more. Not a 1 to 2° C change in temps... Most people are experiencing colder temperatures. Here in the South where I'm at, we had a pretty hot January, and a really cold March. Last year we got historical amounts of snow, this year we've gotten historical amounts of rain. Schools were shut down for four straight days here because of floods. That's never happened. The kids didn't get out of school last year until almost June because of all the makeup days they had, due to snow.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

90% are biologist, geologists, mathematicians

You left out the most common, meteorologist, there are hundred and thousands of them, from farmers, captains of ships to weather men and scientist.

They all pretty much agree that #1 Climate is changing, #2 climate change is partly caused by man, you definitely don't hear them scream hoax en masse.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Right. And won't get governmental funding if they can't show some kind of evidence, whether altered or not, that global warming is real. That's what they're being paid for.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

First of all, bull#... Please give me some information on how they're able to determine what the weather was like prior to roughly 400 years ago... Weather records just started being recorded and stored 357 years ago.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

There's been a .01°F change in the temperature of the ocean...........over the past few decades or more. Not a 1 to 2° C change in temps... Most people are experiencing colder temperatures. Here in the South where I'm at, we had a pretty hot January, and a really cold March. Last year we got historical amounts of snow, this year we've gotten historical amounts of rain. Schools were shut down for four straight days here because of floods. That's never happened. The kids didn't get out of school last year until almost June because of all the makeup days they had, due to snow.

So you believe you should be able to feel or notice a 1 to 2 degree change on average GLOBALY?

FYI your backyard doesn't dictate the global average.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

That's right, poles shift. It's part of nature and part of the normal weather pattern for the planet. It's not our fault.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Right. And won't get governmental funding if they can't show some kind of evidence, whether altered or not, that global warming is real. That's what they're being paid for.

Hey, genius not all climatologists work for the government.

Please give me some information on how they're able to determine what the weather was like prior to roughly 400 years ago... Weather records just started being recorded and stored 357 years ago.

That would be the job of Paleo Climatologists if you look up their job description your questions will be answered.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

That's right, poles shift. It's part of nature and part of the normal weather pattern for the planet. It's not our fault.

The poles didn't shift. The continents moved.

The continent of Antarctica was once closer to the equator and the continent was warmer then.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The poles didn't shift. The continents moved.

The continent of Antarctica was once closer to the equator and the continent was warmer then.

Poles have shifted countless times in recent history. The time when Antarctica was partly on the equator was during the ordovician period i believe.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I am so blessed to live in the north east USA, where we get a good steady amount of rain

I feel bad for those looking at drought and suffering

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Pole shift is still a hypothesis which means there isn't enough evidence for it to qualify as a theory. True polar wander happens frequently and has been measured.

Neither are reasons why Antartica was once ice free.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
people still don't get the "global" part of the equation ?

good grief

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

First of all, bull#... Please give me some information on how they're able to determine what the weather was like prior to roughly 400 years ago... Weather records just started being recorded and stored 357 years ago.

It's science bro. Sure they can't know everything but ...Tree rings, ice cores from Greenland and Antarctica, sediments from the bottoms of lakes and seas, and many other natural proxy records of climatic conditions help us piece together the story of Earth's climates before the time of recorded human history. They can give climate scientists a pretty good idea.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Yes indeed, how is it possible I didn't think of them? But i did add ,... at the end

No but really, in every branch of science are "believers" and "deniers".

The point was, if you don't have a degree in any particular branch, your opinion/observation isn't taken serious and you lost all credibility.
To me this is a ridicule statement, what if this heart surgeon has a secret occupation outside his conventional employment?
Isn't his knowledge credible in some way, at least to an opinion?
All skeptics within the AGW department are seen as deniers and are marked for life as an distrusted source for reference(idiot in short).
I belief this also to be a problem that many scientists are too afraid to loose their position when they would speak out.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

But aren't they accepted within the history of geology, like the hypothesis of a snowball earth?

Also, if the poles didn't shift to what can we associate magnetic striping?

edit on 16-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I belief this also to be a problem that many scientists are too afraid to loose their position when they would speak out.

Why?? The few who have come out against AGW have been paid very well some in the multi millions.

A climatologist makes between 44K and 120K a year. If the shill for Heartland institute they could get rich.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire

But aren't they accepted within the history of geology, like the hypothesis of a snowball earth?

Hypothesis is roughly the same as the layman term of theory. No evidence needed.

I scientific Theory has weight it can be tested verified or disproved through the scientific method.

Pole shift Hypothesis hasn't been verfied to any extent to have happened.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
But the snowball earth has been accepted and added into models of earth's history.

So what's the deal with magnetic striping?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
people still don't get the "global" part of the equation ?

good grief

As in Global Government?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
But the snowball earth has been accepted and added into models of earth's history.

So what's the deal with magnetic striping?

Many things have been accepted as a possibility, but you will not find any accredited sources stating that it definitely happened. It is still a hypothesis.

As far as magnetic striping I don't know. Why do you ask?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join