It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April breaks global temperature record, marking seven months of new highs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ah, All Bore, the guy who said the Arctic ice was falling of a cliff and we'd all be dead now, yeah, he got that right...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Great talking down to people that don't agree. Makes us giggle and proves common sense isn't so common.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm quoting myself to kinda prove my point.....after another attack on Al Gore.

There was plenty of concern about AGW well before Gore's documentary. This is a fact that many deniers choose to ignore.

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: amazing

I am in constant awe of those who believe that Limbaugh, Brietbart, Palin and other talking heads who represent the far right's theology and idiocracy got the climate change(global warming) right, when literally everyone who has actually researched this stuff tells us we are indeed changing the climate and there will be consequences some we are already observing.

Literally every thread on every forum about this topic is flooded with ignorant opinions void of any actual science and full of buzz words, attacks on Al Gore and among other things an attempt to label science as a religious/cult following.

It is upsetting and I truly feel there is some serious astroturfing that happens online in these discussions. I have yet to meet an aware person in real life who disagrees with the reality of human induced climate change.

edit on 16-5-2016 by jrod because: add

edit on 16-5-2016 by jrod because: d

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No not literally everyone. Quite a few people have researched "this stuff" and discovered that even though they started out with a bias toward MMGW, their opinions changed and they wound up skeptical.

But maybe I was fooled and they were really zombies and not "aware people in real life" or something.

All I know is that I go outside and experience weather and some years it is warmer and some years it is colder and some years it is wetter and some years it is drier. But I haven't noticed a trend one way or the other and neither have the weather guys in my area who have doing the weather here for decades now.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Sorry about your feelings, but if you denounce good science in favor of theological bullstuff then you deserve to be called out. Ignorance and the acceptance of ignorant claims because they are buzzworthy and fullfil one's conginitive bias mindset is not acceptable.
edit on 16-5-2016 by jrod because: they=they

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Name one credible person who denounces human induced climate change as a myth!

You appear to be ignorant of this subject given that you dont understand the difference between climate and weather.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You appear to be ignorant of this subject given that you dont understand the difference between climate and weather.

Let's rephrase that, name one credible person who agrees with man-made global warming?

What defines a credible person? To you obvious it has to do with politics.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

A list opposed to the "human caused" part.

There are more, but this is just the first link I pulled.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Its been really slow to heat up down my way, usually in the 100s by now

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

And none of them are credible....most have no background in climate science.

Would you trust an expert car mechanic to perform open heart surgery on you? Would you trust a heart surgeon to fix your car?

Why would a rational and aware trust someone's opinion on climate change who has never studied the science?
edit on 16-5-2016 by jrod because: fme

edit on 16-5-2016 by jrod because: typo.gremlins

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

I am in constant awe of those who believe that Limbaugh, Brietbart, Palin and other talking heads who represent the far right's theology and idiocracy got the climate change(global warming) right, when literally everyone who has actually researched this stuff tells us we are indeed changing the climate and there will be consequences some we are already observing.

Literally every thread on every forum about this topic is flooded with ignorant opinions void of any actual science and full of buzz words, attacks on Al Gore and among other things an attempt to label science as a religious/cult following.

It is upsetting and I truly feel there is some serious astroturfing that happens online in these discussions. I have yet to meet an aware person in real life who disagrees with the reality of human induced climate change.

I've met some...They're always Republicans/Conservatives though. And I have many people on Facebook, That's friends and associates. Again it's right along party lines. Almost like being Republican makes you stupid or if you self identify as republican you aren't allowed to believe in Science.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Those that seem to think they should be able to feel a 1 or 2-degree celsius change of a global average by walking out their back door are mentally challenged IMO.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Grimpachi because: why

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Would you trust an expert car mechanice to perform open hear surgery on you? Would you trust a heart surgeon to fix your car?

No but I wouldn't mind him repairing my bicycle, completely out of context your comparison.

How many of your 'credible' persons are climatologist(if that term even exist) and 'experts' in climate change?
90% are biologist, geologists, mathematicians,...
The point you are trying to make is completely useless, try again.

edit on 16-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Climatologist is an actual profession one needs to go to university for.

Paleo climatologist need a bit more university.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Point is, this isn't global. It's just normal weather patterns changing like they've been doing for the past 4 billion years. These GW scientists act like the Earth is 200 years old and we're about to either drown or melt. Antarctica wasn't always covered in ice.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Same for us here in Louisiana...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Point is, this isn't global. It's just normal weather patterns changing like they've been doing for the past 4 billion years. These GW scientists act like the Earth is 200 years old and we're about to either drown or melt. Antarctica wasn't always covered in ice.

But most real Climate Scientists look back Billions of years and take in Every cause of Earth's Climate change from the Sun to Volcanoes and yet they still come up with the theory that man made global warming is real. Science.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Antartica wasn't always at the south pole either.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Lol, I love how those that don't buy into the bull# are referred to as "deniers." Yeah, whatever you say, there, believer...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Interesting how you can work in climatology with meteorology and atmospheric sciences degrees. Plenty of those on that list. Heck, not even all the scientists on the IPCC are climatologists, does that mean their opinions aren't credible?

I mean, you are verging into "no true Scotsman" territory.
edit on 16-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join