It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April breaks global temperature record, marking seven months of new highs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well, i'm not convinced in any way that climate change is man made, i am convinced though, that the climate is changing...rapidly.

I doubt that volcanic activity is causing any change, i follow volcanic activity and i have not seen anything that could raise an alarm, i lack knowledge as an amateur though, so will leave an opening for that theory.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
So again warming records are broken globally, El Niño is doing it's part but is not the driving factor of these records.

We can't deny that the climate is changing, man made or not, and it's wrecking havoc around the world.

SOURCE
Alternative link
NASA: April 2016 Was the Seventh Consecutive Warmest Month on Record For Earth

April 2016 was the hottest April on record globally – and the seventh month in a row to have broken global temperature records. The latest figures smashed the previous record for April by the largest margin ever recorded. It makes three months in a row that the monthly record has been broken by the largest margin ever, and seven months in a row that are at least 1C above the 1951-80 mean for that month.

When the string of record-smashing months started in February, scientists began talking about a “climate emergency”.

Figures released by Nasa over the weekend show the global temperature of land and sea was 1.11C warmer in April than the average temperature for April during the period 1951-1980. World's carbon dioxide concentration teetering on the point of no return Read more It all but assures that 2016 will be the hottest year on record, and probably by the largest margin ever.

The current blast of hot air around the globe is being spurred by a massive El Niño, which is a release of warm water across the Pacific Ocean. But it’s not the biggest El Niño on record and that spike in temperatures is occurring over a background of rapid global warming, pushing temperatures to all-time highs.

Blah blah blah

We had snow flurries in southern Ontario yesterday may 15. It actually stayed on the ground. Maybe we could get a little of that global warming here? Would be nice.

Cheer - Dave

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I wish more people from different places would do this. It's like a moving pocket of warm, followed by a warm pocket of cool. We have what appear to be about 3-5 year cycles where I am. 3 years of really hot summers, and mild winters, then 3-4 years of really cold winters (for our area) and cool summers. We are in our 2nd year of cool summers now. And during the hot period, we had significant drought. Now, not so much.

I understand that climate isn't localized, but the local climate is different for different areas.

Northern Michigan had snow in mid May. Without making any sweeping judgements about that, may I just say, "that's odd."

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I agree that there are shifts in weather patterns. I'd just like to know why.

There are people who are paid well to research this stuff, just as I am paid to design and prototype components. There is no reason why they can't figure this out, save one: so much of the public is so convinced it must be evil CO2 molecules that other possibilities are ignored. Hence my intolerance toward the Global Warming fantasy.

Maybe you could dig into volcanic eruption patterns vs. abnormal weather cycles? If you're into volcanoes, you have a starting advantage.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't know tbh if its man made or not

but the weather patterns around the world are changing and to me the seasons are as well.

Riouz

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Warmest April on record??

data.remss.com...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That jet stream shift I mentioned enters the US around MN or WI, not far from you. I think you're getting the brunt of what we've been experiencing. Let's hope it gets back to normal soon. It's mid-May and I am still huddled under a blanket in Alabama!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I had to work on the Deck yesterday. With sunshine and mid 60's, I couldn't ask for a better situation. (to do manual labor that is) My old ass body is paying the price today, but otherwise, it was rather pleasant. Normally, it would have been in the 80's with high humidity and I'd have passed out around 2 PM. While the winters can suck, I hope this cool spell lasts a bit. At least until I get my outside work all done. If you need a blanket, you can ask some of the Canadians, apparently they don't need them anymore.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

What some in this thread appear to be missing, is that although your local weather might not seem warmer to you, may even be colder than you expect, THE GLOBAL average temperature is climbing, something you simply cannot monitor from your doorstep. Stop talking about your locality, and start talking about the issue at hand, the aggregate temperature data taken from the whole globe.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I think the point is looking out your door to gauge global temps is like using your pinky finger to gauge the water in the oceans

Not when it has been a goin on now for 16 years....perhaps someone here should get out more often. Or watch them some of that thar Weather Channel

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What could be causing Global warming......? Hmm.m.m.m.m.m.m.......? Maybe the Earth is sick.......? When humans get sick the body warms as it fights the virus. We need some global cold medicine..!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
What could be causing Global warming......? Hmm.m.m.m.m.m.m.......? Maybe the Earth is sick.......? When humans get sick the body warms as it fights the virus. We need some global cold medicine..!

Interesting theory , that one. I like it . Falls right in with Mother Earth. So she has the flu. Who would have thunk ?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Im sorry . If those so-called climatologist had invested in getting a degree in something "real" they might have been some use to some people. Lets say a degree in Art. Like Paint-By-Numbers. Instead they are about as much use to folks as a size 11 foot in a size 9 shoe...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

We both know that it's impossible to get an accurate global temperature or even define the normality.
The best thing we can do atm is combining land and satellite data to calculate an average.
The problem is that we only have satellite data for 35 years and calculating an average by that timespan is unreliable to define a norm imo.
Stitching data from different inputs is imo unscientific and again unreliable to work with, hence the guessing/modeling.
Even the ice core data from different locations are showing differences and could also be interpreted as local weather.
But they are accepted to be the global temperature from the earth's past.
All these measurements should be taken with a big grain of salt.
edit on 16-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

What some in this thread appear to be missing, is that although your local weather might not seem warmer to you, may even be colder than you expect, THE GLOBAL average temperature is climbing, something you simply cannot monitor from your doorstep. Stop talking about your locality, and start talking about the issue at hand, the aggregate temperature data taken from the whole globe.

I think everyone understands that, but most never get the contrasting reports. And the reason for the contrasting temperatures for different areas are something of study as well. Having some areas cooler than normal will help balance out the GLOBAL temperature as long as ALL data is used in studies. If you watch when the Polar Vortex comes into play, it affects a really large area of the US. (sorry I don't pay as much attention to weather outside my area as it doesn't concern me now)

One small area is insignificant, but a whole bunch of small areas is something to at least look into when factoring in the big picture. But in my defense, I am not a climatologist, just a nerd. So my opinion carries about that much weight.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It's barely rained here for months in Dumaguete Philippines,I am amazed we still have water but we are lucky that it's a mountainous region whereby there are lakes sitting on high altitude that still have water coming down from them.
The water is generally restricted here anyway as it goes off after 11 pm until about 8 am.
But the rivers are in parts totally dry and just have little ponds left.
I lived in Miami for 16 years and am used to a hot climate but I have never seen a place where it has rained about 4 times in 4 months and barely a tinkle for about 15 minutes each time although we had a couple of days of light rain in about Februray.
The locals blame El Nino.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Got to Weather Underground and see where your local weather reporting stations are. they are in cities and town mostly at schools and Libraries. Now do you think that would have any influence on the weather reporting being 20 years ago it was mostly farmers reporting the weather to make a few extra bucks.

My dad and grandfather reported the daily weather every month since the 30's and they never lived in the city. Now the local weather is reported from the high school roof.

edit on 16-5-2016 by mikell because: Smelling errors

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Where does the EL Nino and the La Nina come from? How do they measure its strength? What weather feature does each bring to your area? What would be natural and what is man made? Why did the weathermen say well before El Nino arrives that it will be stronger than normal? What is the norm? If El Nino brings warmer winters then why did the middle US get the Arctic Jet with -20 temperatures this winter.

Why is NASA the lead government agency on the climate and not NOAA? Why does the EPA try to control so much private land? Why is the DOJ wanting to prosecute "deniers" under the RICO Act? Why does it seem like climate change a predominantly a liberal Democratic issue? Why are the major supporters of man made climate change NOT scientists or have a scientific education? How many weathermen on TV are actually meteorologists? How do weathermen assume to explain global warming, change or declare a climate crisis? How many people in telecommunication considered liberal democrats?

It is my opinion that global climate change is not a crisis but a political movement to redistribute wealth from the US to underdeveloped countries through the United Nations.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ah! Global warming/Climate change again, I do remember reading a lot of articles about that in the 70s

www.populartechnology.net...

hope you enjoy a bit of history...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

The best we can do is actually very good considering the variables at play.

The only question is, do you like the implications of the data or not, and if not, are you prepared to ignore how little you like them, and accept that the data is valid regardless of its implications?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join