It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April breaks global temperature record, marking seven months of new highs

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You bought up Solandra (sp). But that was company that was part of a larger government program that loaned money to innovative startups. Solandra has ended up paying back all the money that it borrowed. I'm not sure how that is relevant to this discussion. Some businesses fail and some succeed.

That is a case of political motivations pushing one sort of system over another, and ending up wasting a lot of money. Even if they did pay it back, the possibility exited that they couldn't have done so.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The renewable program you are complaining about has earned back billions in profit.

That is called a very successful program. We do not label those as wasteful.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So in other words, you are denying because you haven't thoroughly researched this topic enough.

For 30 years I've been travelling the globe, listening to stories from all over the world.
Taking part in agricultural management projects and construction. You should be amazed what kind of people you encounter.
Up till now I still believe this has been a far better research than any other source.
I will take that information any time a day over the internet or media.

For many years I was responsible for the hardware upgrade and maintenance for different local weather stations where i used to live.
I've had many discussions with scientists working there on the subject you are talking about. So yeah I have an idea what the fuss is all about.
I'm retired now and don't have connections with them anymore so it is possible things have changed.

links
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You will probably say those papers were written by climate deniers doing bad science so there is no credibility in their work. But who is labeling them, it's not themselfs.
I'd like to see the papers debunking them.

The internet is the easiest place to be deceived by propaganda... Especially if you aren't good at identifying it.

What does that mean? You believe you figured it all out dont you.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: Krazysh0t
For 30 years I've been travelling the globe, listening to stories from all over the world.
Taking part in agricultural management projects and construction. You should be amazed what kind of people you encounter.
Up till now I still believe this has been a far better research than any other source.
I will take that information any time a day over the internet or media.

For someone with two science degrees, you should know that is deviating as far from the scientific method as you can get.

For many years I was responsible for the hardware upgrade and maintenance for different local weather stations where i used to live.
I've had many discussions with scientists working there on the subject you are talking about. So yeah I have an idea what the fuss is all about.
I'm retired now and don't have connections with them anymore so it is possible things have changed.

Weather != climate

links

Start with this one:
www.ilovemycarbondioxide.com...
This study was done by a geologist... But since you don't approve of dismissing someone's credentials, I'll go ahead and post an excerpt from the study on why it is unfounded:
For one he harped on the "global cooling" myth, but including this in his study just shows his political bias:

4)Why is there an emphasis on trading carbon credits? Carbon credits are the perfect commodity. The carbon that is to be traded on the commodities and futures markets does not have to be mined, refined, processed, transported, stored, meet quality specifications, be produced profitably or marketed. It is an investment product without substance, an ephemeral nothing that has a value. No-one is ever going to ask to take delivery of their kilogram of black soot (carbon). Trading of carbon credits is being pushed by the investment community as a new investment product from which they can make money for nothing. It’s the best thing since public company shares (now with no authorized capital limit) were invented. A share is an ephemeral nothing, but can be sold for a dollar value. They are both mechanisms for creating money from nothing.
Carbon trading does not reduce carbon emissions – it simply allows emitters a financial penalty to continue operations unchanged. This penalty will be passed on to consumers. It will make electricity more expensive, penalizing the lower socio-economic groups in all countries, the one group who can least afford it.

number two
myweb.wwu.edu...
This is the last excerpt from this study:

No global warming has occurred above the 1998 level. In 1998, the PDO was in its warm mode. In 1999, the PDO flipped from its warm mode into its cool mode and satellite imagery confirms that the cool mode has become firmly entrenched since then and global cooling has deepened significantly in the past few years

Well that's clearly wrong since the OP notes a broken record for hottest month in April (which was set by the previous month).

number three
icecap.us...
First, this study is by David Evans, a NOTORIOUS climate denier, who pushes quite a few climate change lies. Second, just like the previous article he tries to push the narrative of that we haven't seen any warming lately:

The only temperature data we can trust are satellite measurements, and they only go back to 1979. They show no warming in the southern hemisphere, and the warming trend in the northern hemisphere appears to have waned since 2001

number four
www.lavoisier.com.au...
This fool isn't even a scientist. He's a farmer... Plus his introduction talks about weather and weather predictions. Again weather != climate. This study can be ignored completely.

number five
myweb.wwu.edu...
Another geologist...

number six
cses.washington.edu...
This study attempts to use weather to disprove climate change... Plus THIS is in the table of contents:

Global warming is a hoax committed by environmental extremists and liberals who want to regulate industry (or create more big government, establish a world government, undermine economic growth etc.)

Mixing politics with science again... BIG no no.

number seven
sciencespeak.com...
David Evans again. Not even going to bother. His credibility is already shot.

number eight
felj.org...
I was wondering when I'd see something by Roy Spencer. This study doesn't even bother talking about the science. It literally starts off mixing the politics up with the science. Forget this trash.

number nine
jonova.s3.amazonaws.com...
This is an instructional document on how to spew denier propaganda (many points of which are false like point 3, "temperatures aren't rising".

Let's see how credible this batch are:
number one
sciencepolicy.colorado.edu...
This is probably the most credible study you posted so far. Though all it is saying is that the link between global warming and increased hurricane activity hasn't been thoroughly established enough yet. It does concede that there is a possibility in the future for this link to be established. This study was written 11 years ago though, so the findings from it could very well be DRASTICALLY different today. It doesn't however disprove or discount global warming in general.

number two
www.columbia.edu...
Ok so this study was written in 1996. Whatever it says positive or negative towards climate change is so far out of date that it is completely irrelevant to today's discussion on the matter.

number three
texmex.mit.edu...
This study was written in 1998. See the previous entry.

number four
www.fraserinstitute.org...
This study was written in 1996.

number five
link.springer.com...
Sorry I can't form an opinion. I can only read the abstract.

number six
cdn.intechopen.com...
All this proves is that there are more ways than JUST man made attributes that can effect climate. It doesn't mean that there is only one way or that only THIS way can effect climate. Climate change effects are cumulative, not zero sum.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Krazyshot, what are your bona fides? You comment about everyone else so ... please, remove my doubts.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
So again warming records are broken globally, El Niño is doing it's part but is not the driving factor of these records.

We can't deny that the climate is changing, man made or not, and it's wrecking havoc around the world.

It is a super El Niño, so yes, the record temperatures are being caused by El super El Niño...

Look out! El Niño is STILL growing as Nasa predicts 'weather chaos' for 2016 as 'Godzilla' phenomenon hits America

Nasa warns US of 'the arrival of steady, heavy rains and snowfall'
In the United States El Niño's biggest impacts are expected in early 2016

By Mark Prigg For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:52 EST, 30 December 2015 | Updated: 14:01 EST, 30 December 2015

The current strong El Niño brewing in the Pacific Ocean shows no signs of waning, new Nasa images have revealed.

'El Niño 2015 has already created weather chaos around the world,' Nasa said.

'Over the next few months, forecasters expect the United States to feel its impacts as well.'

Scroll down for video

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Fizzled 2014 El Niño fired up ongoing monster El Niño
Stored-up heat fueled start to 2015‒2016 extreme weather patterns
By
Thomas Sumner
1:00pm, May 2, 2016

Magazine issue: Vol. 189, No. 11, May 28, 2016, p. 13

The historic El Niño event currently shaking up Earths weather rose like a phoenix from the hot remains of a failed 2014 El Niño, new research suggests.

In 2014, the scientific community buzzed about the possibility of a supersized El Niño as warm Pacific Ocean water sloshed eastward. That July, however, large winds pushed westward and halted the budding El Niño before it fully formed (SN: 11/1/14, p. 6). Those same winds also prevented the release of stored-up ocean heat, researchers report in a paper to be published in Geophysical Research Letters. In March 2015, that lingering heat gave the current El Niño a jump start toward the extreme, the researchers propose.

The ongoing El Niño is among the three strongest on record (SN Online: 7/16/15); it has boosted rainfall in California, contributed to ocean coral bleaching and helped make 2015 the hottest year on record (SN: 2/20/16, p. 13). Such a once-in-a-generation El Niño would have been less likely without the failed 2014 event, says study coauthor Michael McPhaden, a physical oceanographer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administrations Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory in Seattle.

www.sciencenews.org...

BTW, the formation of El Niño coincided with the extreme changes that Earth magnetic field began having in 2014.

If you look at the following picture you will see the blue area is where the weakening has been occurring. Which affected a large part of the Pacific ocean, and part of the Atlantic Ocean as well.

Earth's Magnetic Field Is Weakening 10 Times Faster Now
By Kelly Dickerson, Staff Writer | July 8, 2014 11:29am ET

Earth's magnetic field, which protects the planet from huge blasts of deadly solar radiation, has been weakening over the past six months, according to data collected by a European Space Agency (ESA) satellite array called Swarm.

The biggest weak spots in the magnetic field — which extends 370,000 miles (600,000 kilometers) above the planet's surface — have sprung up over the Western Hemisphere, while the field has strengthened over areas like the southern Indian Ocean, according to the magnetometers onboard the Swarm satellites — three separate satellites floating in tandem.

The scientists who conducted the study are still unsure why the magnetic field is weakening, but one likely reason is that Earth's magnetic poles are getting ready to flip, said Rune Floberghagen, the ESA's Swarm mission manager. In fact, the data suggest magnetic north is moving toward Siberia.

www.livescience.com...

Notice that both events, the sudden weakening of Earth's magnetic field and El Niño, and occurred on July 2014.

edit on 31-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join