It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April breaks global temperature record, marking seven months of new highs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Some of us are intelligent. It seems like intelligence is not hip but ignorance is celebrated and embraced throughout the US.

Give me an example of what you call intelligence please. I'm really curious about your opinion.

edit on 21-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Plenty of scientists have looked at he data, and plenty of misrepresented data and other falsification has been exposed. The whole GW thing is a farse; pseudoscience. Anyone looking at the facts can see this.

So all scientists are misrepresenting data and in on the biggest conspiracy in history? Got it. How is that possible though?

Let's start with NASA...over 18,000 people work there. There are over 200 Scientific Organizations listed on NASA's website that endorse the theory of Man Made Global Warming. Almost every single University and College in the World...their Science departments, endorse the Theory of Man made Global Warming.

So we're talking, easily, hundreds of thousands of people that must be in on this weird conspiracy. It boggles the mind. And they're all lying to us about Global Warming? Weird. But somehow the republicans here in the US have it figured out? Interesting.

Have you ever thought to consider that those who are standing up against this overwhelming scientific majority are the ones that are bought and paid for by the, still very, very powerful, fossil fuel and combustion engine industries?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazingSo all scientists are misrepresenting data and in on the biggest conspiracy in history? Got it. How is that possible though?

Let's start with NASA...over 18,000 people work there. There are over 200 Scientific Organizations listed on NASA's website that endorse the theory of Man Made Global Warming. Almost every single University and College in the World...their Science departments, endorse the Theory of Man made Global Warming.

So we're talking, easily, hundreds of thousands of people that must be in on this weird conspiracy. It boggles the mind. And they're all lying to us about Global Warming? Weird. But somehow the republicans here in the US have it figured out? Interesting.

Have you ever thought to consider that those who are standing up against this overwhelming scientific majority are the ones that are bought and paid for by the, still very, very powerful, fossil fuel and combustion engine industries?

Just because NASA endorse AGW that doesn't mean everyone in their organization (over 18,000 people) endorse AGW. There are former NASA scientists that dispute NASA's stance on AGW: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

That was 4 years ago and I see one meteorologist and no climatologists on that list. I wonder how many of them feel the same about it today.

But the claim was about data being messed with. Are there claims of that in that letter? No?

edit on 5/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Because I don't agree, I must not have read it? Not the case. I also tend to be skeptical when there is agenda at work.

Well, it's late May, and our AC Is off, windows open, because it's still cool enough for that. Supposed to be cooler than average for a lot of the South this summer, too, and that's according to the Weather Channel.

Weather changes, and temperatures vary. Urbanization can cause increases, of course, and no one wants pollution, but global temps are far more affected by solar activity than anything we do.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Urbanization can cause increases, of course, and no one wants pollution, but global temps are far more affected by solar activity than anything we do.
That would depend on how much change there is in solar activity, wouldn't it?

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
So all scientists are misrepresenting data and in on the biggest conspiracy in history? Got it. How is that possible though?

No, but a LOT follow along with the pseudoscience, because that's where the money and power are, for now. NASA.....not the best example, these days. They aren't what they used to be.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There was a study done on this. I watched a show about it, though I can't recall the title. You could probably locate it easily enough. British scientist, if I recall correctly. The fellow went back as far as possible, with the records available, looking at the patterns. Very good information, and far more logical than the pseudoscience we see from the GW crowd.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Nathan-D

That was 4 years ago and I see one meteorologist and no climatologists on that list. I wonder how many of them feel the same about it today.

But the claim was about data being messed with. Are there claims of that in that letter? No?

Are you kidding me? They have been redoing their models for over a decade trying to get the model to say what they're predicting but no model still says what they want it to say. And many scientists can be involved in the study of climate, because it's a very complicated subject that needs Earth Sciences, Space Sciences, Oceanography and more.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

No, but a LOT follow along with the pseudoscience, because that's where the money and power are, for now. NASA.....not the best example, these days. They aren't what they used to be.

I here you...but you could also say that those against the theory are following pseudoscience, paid for by fossil fuel companies. Again you're talking hundreds of thousands of scientists and support personnel all lying to us. That just wouldn't be possible. Occam's Razor, the scientific principle, states that the easiest less complicated solution to any problem is usually the correct one. Is it reasonable to assume that all of those scientific personel are either stupid or lying to us or are they smart and telling us the truth?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I here you...but you could also say that those against the theory are following pseudoscience, paid for by fossil fuel companies. Again you're talking hundreds of thousands of scientists and support personnel all lying to us. That just wouldn't be possible. Occam's Razor, the scientific principle, states that the easiest less complicated solution to any problem is usually the correct one. Is it reasonable to assume that all of those scientific personel are either stupid or lying to us or are they smart and telling us the truth?

I find that highly unlikely. The fact that those pushing for control refuse to hold the biggest offenders, meaning some nations, accountable says quite a lot. The whole thing has the feel of a bid for control. When massive amounts of money are involved, with huge grants for climate change research, yeah, I believe a lot of scientists could be lying. That much money can have a very negative effect on people.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I find that highly unlikely. The fact that those pushing for control refuse to hold the biggest offenders, meaning some nations, accountable says quite a lot. The whole thing has the feel of a bid for control. When massive amounts of money are involved, with huge grants for climate change research, yeah, I believe a lot of scientists could be lying. That much money can have a very negative effect on people.

Still ...the actual scientists and the people in control are two different entities. Just because a politician wants to use science for personal gain is nothing new. Politicians and world leaders will use anything they can to get more power and money. But that doesn't mean the science is bad. It just means we need other solutions or new leaders.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

When massive amounts of money are involved, with huge grants for climate change research, yeah, I believe a lot of scientists could be lying. That much money can have a very negative effect on people.

Climatologists make between 44K and 120K a year I have never heard of any that have gotten rich off of doing research or publishing papers.

On the other hand there have been quite a few scientists in the pocket of the likes of Heartland institute that speak against AGW who have gotten rich.

Willie Soon was the poster boy for saying its the sun. He got rich of that, but...

edit on 23-5-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

a reply to: Phage

The problem is that the data used isn't always accurate. It's also, oftentimes, misrepresented. I have read reports of locations where temperatures were being taken being totally unsuitable, such as being located by an airfield, or a heating exhaust, or something of that nature. It's no secret that the GW crowd has been less than honest.

I watch the temps myself. I know others that do. It's not just a few days here and there; it's a lot of days, on a lot of years.

wouldn't it be cool if a climate change skeptic was hired to look at the data and eliminate bias through random number crunching and eliminate all of the questionable locations ?

Imagine if someone was hired by the koch brothers to look for these faults and weaknesses and to testify in front of congress under oath what was really going on ? I mean it has to be the sun, right ?

well what do you know.....

the conversion of a skeptic

Berkeley Earth also has carefully studied issues raised by skeptics, such as possible biases from urban heating, data selection, poor station quality, and data adjustment. We have demonstrated that these do not unduly bias the results.

berkeley earth sumary of findings

press release

The ironic thing is that all of the sources of research comes from liberal schools or democratic controlled sources. If the left says agw, they all will lock-step to move their agenda.

"Figures lie and liars figure" is an old saying and it holds true here.

They still have not proven how much is manmade and how much is natural? They haven't explained what is to be done to correct the problems that exist but they have eluded to the cost. They have stated it would be about 50 years to reduce the atmospheric pollutants to reduce the warming a fraction of a degree.

They have started to talk about cost before they talked about solution. For an old bastard like me this indicates a SCAM is coming.

Let's talk money for a while then the science will be more clear!
edit on 24-5-2016 by buddah6 because: AGE, PAIN MEDS and BAD MEMORY!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

Let's talk money for a while then the science will be more clear!

At this point, the science is clear as day. What's preventing the questions you have from being answered is stubborn disbelief for the sake of disbelief like you are doing. We are still wasting time debating if it is real or not, and not able to spend as much time thinking up solutions or getting a better idea of why these things are happening.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The science is not clear!!!! I have two degrees both in science or related fields. I am also old enough to remember how this "science" came about.

The education system today teaches student what to think not how to think. You are indoctrinated!

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The science is not clear!!!! I have two degrees both in science or related fields. I am also old enough to remember how this "science" came about.

So you are a climate scientist then?

The education system today teaches student what to think not how to think. You are indoctrinated!

Says the guy with the weakest rebuttal in the world. "Hurr durr, I have science degrees so I know what I'm talking about!"

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So you are a climate scientist then?

Says the guy with the weakest rebuttal in the world. "Hurr durr, I have science degrees so I know what I'm talking about!"

Am I a climate scientist? I have a degree in Meteorology...is that close enough for you? You are very good with the barbs... What background do you have with the exception of being a Democrat?
edit on 24-5-2016 by buddah6 because: AGE, PAIN MEDS and BAD MEMORY!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join