It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

_9MOTHER9HORSE9EYES9: the mysterious tale terrifying Reddit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Two weeks ago, a user who came to be known as “_9MOTHER9HORSE9EYES9” posted a disjointed snippet of text in a comment on Reddit, a site where communities post articles, images, personal stories and more for threaded group discussions. The post, added almost as if by accident to a thread about the cover of George Orwell’s 1984, made claims about the CIA’s acid-fuelled “mind control experiment” programme, Project MKUltra, a common staple of paranoid theory. MKUltra was indeed a real programme, but other items the user mentioned – “restraint bed portals” and “flesh interfaces” – are not.

www.theguardian.com...

This story was pointed out to me at the end of last week as something that was "right up my street". It is! But, what surprised me was that I hadn't heard about it sooner, here, in days way back when, this would be right up all our streets.

Annnywaaay...nostalgia aside... The complete narrative has been compiled by some of the story's followers, and can be found here...

www.reddit.com...

There are a number of dedicated discussions evidently as well as the wiki site, and the writer is developing quite the following, as they should, they're clearly talented.

Purely from a readers point of view, it is totally up my street and in my opinion it is literature, quite brilliant in places, I'd go as far as to say it is art but also as the avid conspiracist, as well as a keen reader of counter culture, it is a real treat! I love it.

I don't really want to say more, I just wanted to share the links, no spoilers from me, if you're interested you'll read, if not... *shrug*

I think that covers my word count obligations.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

It sounds like a typical internet conspiracy theory, the kind of thing weirdos post in online communities isolated from the rest of the world.

Ahem!
I've just started to read his/her stuff from your links and it is pretty interesting so far. It's like a modern day Lovecraft with just the right amount of contemporary references to make it almost possible....

Psychoactive substances + human imagination posted on the internet can lead to very dark art, it seems.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Reading it now and it's very interesting.
Nice to have it all in one place.

Thanks!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Very interesting.

One thing stands out so far: the use of slang "you guys" in a very formal sounding text doesn't add up.

[Lisa's Dream:

Why would a 9 year old girl be sent through the portal? Surely chimp would be sent first or if really keen a scientist to document the "sister city"

but I'll keep reading]

I have just read after Lisas Dream - which explains it
edit on 16-5-2016 by Kalixi because: added more info

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
This is just weird and creepy op... And.. I like it..

Interesting thread. Star and flag..

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well, all I can say is it's middling fiction and thanks for digging it up and depositing it here, I guess... it was interesting...

if taking that much acid created flesh tunnels to the Videodrome dimension, then I would've slithered into an "interface" in the 80's and 90's ... but the guy should definitely not trip while having sex for awhile... or at least not look too closely while he's doing it.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Look I'm gonna need this person to start writing the best scifi book of all time. I'm already waiting super patiently, I love this!

Bizarre but intriguing.

-Alee.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
i know this is a sparse response...

for the references alone

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Thank you for the link! This is really fascinating.

I would definitely like to know which parts are 'true' or based on reality.
A really good find, thanks again!
jacy

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

It sounds like a typical internet conspiracy theory, the kind of thing weirdos post in online communities isolated from the rest of the world.

Ahem!

I find that hilarious...the main stream media seemingly have no awareness of how main stream "conspiracy theory" is. It's what kids in primary school playgrounds are talking about, ffs! And the Guardian is better than most.

I've just started to read his/her stuff from your links and it is pretty interesting so far. It's like a modern day Lovecraft with just the right amount of contemporary references to make it almost possible....

I don't have any difficulty suspending my disbelief, I don't need it to be possible, just not too holie (or Holy for that matter)...the narrative while certainly disjointed, as you'd expect from the genre, is pretty tight.

Psychoactive substances + human imagination posted on the internet can lead to very dark art, it seems.

I recommend you take a look at Goya's "dark period"....long, long before the internet.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Yeah, animals come up later.

And, only living things can go through...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Since you have appointed yourself the armchair critic can we establish a frame of reference?

If this is middling, what would be "high" or "low", for comparative purposes? In your opinion?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

My pleasure. There seems to be plenty of discussion on Reddit, factualising, if that is what you're interested in. I'm more interested in the creative endeavour of it, method and means of delivery and I'm impressed with the writer's "style", they're using a lot of counter cultural literary devices and refining them...which in itself isn't hard, they certainly do "cut up" much better than Burroughs ever managed in his drug fuelled hazes.

Do keep going, it is all over the place, wonderfully so!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Yes indeed, I keep going back and reading more.
The style of writing is good...does anyone have any information about the author? (just curious if they have any published work)

I'm assuming there are comments towards the end, but I'm not there yet.
I will be directing a few friends to this thread.
jacy

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just read it all. It started off interesting. A pretty good take on a lovcraftian story. But as I kept reading, it started to go all over the place. It seems like it is multiple stories that do not necessarily have anything to do with each other.

I am not sure the author meant this to be one narrative. It seems to me that the author is writing a few different short stories in parts. And whoever created this sub-reddit, put those parts together in one narrative. From what I can gather the author did not post all these parts in the same sub-reddit. They posted them in multiple places and someone else gathered them all here. And ordered them by the date they were originally posted.

Do the flesh interfaces have anything to do with the future bed technician story. Do either have to do with the seemingly autobiographical parts about alcoholism and rehab. Has the author stated anywhere that this is supposed to be one story all taking place within the same narrative universe. Or are people just assuming that.

edit on 16-5-2016 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's cool fiction. Not really creepy, just a bit bloody.

But why do you think it is conspiracy material? Or am I missing something?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The flesh interface stuff starts off as if it is a guy giving out inside information. Like he is whistleblowing this stuff. But as it goes on it turns into a traditional story. It even has multiple viewpoint characters.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I know I read it.
So? Because he isn't taking money for it, it has to have a secret message?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I am not saying it is real. I was just pointing out why some people might take it that way. I mean this is an easily replicated experiment. While you can not get it at the local corner store. A certain hallucinogenic drug mentioned in the story, is not impossible to get. Since flesh interfaces did not destroy the world in the sixties. I think it is safe to say this is just a story.

The author themselves say this is not true. They also say it is not fiction. That it is just possible. They gave themselves an out. They did not commit fully. Also in the message they gave. They said that they did the experiments on themselves. By which I take it to mean that they came up with all this after consuming copious amounts of a certain hallucinogenic drug. Which gave them insights into possible pasts. Or just made them think they have insights into possible pasts. So even if you take the author completely on his word. None of it is real, our reality, real. Just alternate pasts.

The author also said, he had a website with all this information on it before he started to put all this on reddit. So I am sure that could be verified or debunked. If anyone wanted to take the time.

Personally, I just see it all as a creative writer doing a modern take on Lovecraft.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Interesting what the author says about his writings.

Previously, I was operating a website wherein my information laid out in a rather straightforward manner. I was quite convinced that the undeniable "truth" of this information would attract attention on its own accord. I was quite sure that somehow this grand truth would shine out as a beacon and resonate with receptive people and quickly become widespread. As I recall, my best month brought about 400 visitors and a total of four non-spam comments. 75% of these recommended psychiatric intervention.

So here we find ourselves. I am attempting to use the techniques of fiction and suspense to hopefully generation interest in this information. Your subreddit furthers this aim, and I sincerely thank you for creating it.

I should clarify that this information is not fiction. Nor is it true. It is a mix of things which happened and things which almost happened. Things which were and things which could have been. You must understand that the present moment in which we exist is simply a nexus from which trillions of possible pasts and possible futures branch out. The important thing to realize is that these unreal pasts and unrealized futures are related to each other.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join