It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells British Prime Minister Cameron “I’m not stupid, okay?”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Mr. Cameron is stupid... and blind.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: XP100

Just for the record, Cameron didn't call Trump stupid, he said his views were stupid, divisive and wrong. There is quite a difference, but I guess you'd need to not be stupid to realise that.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

edit on 16-5-2016 by uncommitted because: Would just be goading

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Just for the record, Cameron didn't call Trump stupid, he said his views were stupid, divisive and wrong. There is quite a difference, but I guess you'd need to not be stupid to realise that.

Is there any difference? David said Donald's views are stupid, thus Donald is stupid for his beliefs.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Is there any difference? David said Donald's views are stupid, thus Donald is stupid for his beliefs.

No, there is a big difference, the comment was about the indiscriminate barring of Muslims from any part of the world based purely on their faith, and the building of the wall between Mexico and the US. Hypothetically if I knew you and we were friends but we both disagreed on certain points, I may think your opinion on those points was stupid, but that doesn't mean I think you are. I'm sure you would hypothetically be of a similar thought.

Personally I can't stand Trump, but that's a personal opinion based on his misogynist views, his attempt to sell himself as a version of Charles Bronson in the Death Wish films and his appalling impression of a journalist who suffers from a neurological disease. But that's just me.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatsup86
Does Trump ever substantiate anything he says? Seems to me he thinks that if he repeats the same twice in a sentence it makes it true. Well i guess it works for the masses. And otherwise he ll just diss the person critisizing him. Never thought ud vote a clown into the whitehouse.

I love the way he just hammers his points home with basically nothing more than "because I said so".
The man sounds like a child every time he opens his mouth.

And to think that some Americans think this is even remotely adequate in a leader... You can reject all the other potential leaders for any reason you want, but you can't for one moment claim that this man is a better choice than any of them.

The man is an immature ignoramus, and his inability to deal with other leaders on an international level will damage the US beyond belief.

You know, I kind of hope he does win, in some nihilistic way. Can you imagine the drama and comedy his presidency would create? It would be hilarious, if extremely dangerous too.

It would be fascinating to see how other world leaders deal with him. I can imagine that most of them would want to keep contact with him to an absolute minimum. That's a little concerning, considering the risks everyone is facing from resurgent threats.

Some Americans seem to think he's the strongest option, when really he's the weakest. He's not a strategist, he's an egotistical fool who has grown up surrounded by Yes men telling him he's great while making choices for him to keep that money coming in. Imagine a man like leading the US in war, ignoring his advisors, ignoring his generals, ignoring the analysts because he "knows better".

I wonder who would take advantage of that lack of experience and that egotistical nature?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Wow, you just nailed Obama.

Especially this part,

Some Americans seem to think he's the strongest option, when really he's the weakest. He's not a strategist, he's an egotistical fool who has grown up surrounded by Yes men telling him he's great while making choices for him to keep that money coming in. Imagine a man like leading the US in war, ignoring his advisors, ignoring his generals, ignoring the analysts because he "knows better".

and this part,

I can imagine that most of them would want to keep contact with him to an absolute minimum. That's a little concerning, considering the risks everyone is facing from resurgent threats.

oh, I like this one too,

And to think that some Americans think this is even remotely adequate in a leader... You can reject all the other potential leaders for any reason you want, but you can't for one moment claim that this man is a better choice than any of them. The man is an immature ignoramus, and his inability to deal with other leaders on an international level will damage the US beyond belief.

can't leave this one out either,

I love the way he just hammers his points home with basically nothing more than "because I said so"

So, we been there done that already and it's been proven.

Time to rattle some cages.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

And this is the kind of simplistic response we expect from the average Trump supporter, it seems you all just want to elect him to power because you think he would mess things up.
Wow, what a mature attitude to have.
Forget diplomacy.
Forget the duties of a President.
Forget the need to be able to compromise with others.
Forget the need to represent the interests of the nation.
Forget the need to be able to sit in a room with other heads of state and hold your own in an intelligent debate about important issues...

Let's elect a man because he's gonna "shake things up!"

Yeah, real mature, real intelligent, real sensible.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: SprocketUK

It certainly doesn't matter what trump thinks of him.

What's important is how the world views trump and they all think he's stupid.

Yes.... because you can become the most powerful man in the world by being stupid!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Yes.... because you can become the most powerful man in the world by being stupid!

Or by making everyone else believe you are stupid

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Oh course they will have a good relationship. When does the UK ever say NO when we expect their assistance in a military conflict or impose sanctions??? Queen says "America is good business, do what America says" and thats what ends up being sold by the Prime Minister. Yes, we will hold WW2 over Europe's head until the 100th year anniversary.

Would you like to begin with Vietnam and follow it through to Syria? As per your last sentence, taking Europe as a whole it would be more Russia than America, wouldn't it? Sorry, I'm just stating facts, not having an opinion.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Trump is a clever businessman who knows how to appeal to the populist vote.

I don't believe half the things he says; if he gets into office he'll be a pussycat.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

They 'all' think he's stupid? I thought Putin complimented him. You make yourself look stupid making your unsourced blanket statements.
edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

If Trumps wants to be president he needs to grow the # up and learn to deal with individuals he doesn’t much like.

UK is one of the few true allays the USA has. It has bleed alongside the USA and doesn’t take the piss with trade deals.

To alienate a useful and trusted allay over a personal dispute is ridiculous.

He doesn’t have to like Camron but he is expected to have a PROFFESIONAL relationship with him. Same way as we all have work colleagues we don’t like but still try to get on.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Oh course they will have a good relationship. When does the UK ever say NO when we expect their assistance in a military conflict or impose sanctions???

Vietnam

Which goes to show you lose any war without the UK being there

Yes, we will hold WW2 over Europe's head until the 100th year anniversary.

Why the UK?

We fought beside you as equal partners in that and we weren’t the ones that rolled over and surrendered.
And I will remind you too that you never joined the war to save anyone. You joined because you were attacked!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

There is quite a difference, but I guess you'd need to not be stupid to realize that.

Not much of a difference....

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
U.K. Citizens require biometric passports to enter the USA now. Has ruined many a family holiday I imagine

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

And this is the kind of simplistic response we expect from the average Trump supporter, it seems you all just want to elect him to power because you think he would mess things up.
Wow, what a mature attitude to have.
Forget diplomacy.
Forget the duties of a President.
Forget the need to be able to compromise with others.
Forget the need to represent the interests of the nation.
Forget the need to be able to sit in a room with other heads of state and hold your own in an intelligent debate about important issues...

Let's elect a man because he's gonna "shake things up!"

Yeah, real mature, real intelligent, real sensible.

Yup!
Diplomacy, Sparta style.
Keep the country safe and uphold the laws.
Let them compromise for us.
Time to start thinking of the nation's needs.
So important, huh. Been watch the galactic assembly again?

You so-called political geniuses got us into this freakshow mess, time to move it over.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Well considering he was talking about no go zones in London his beliefs are stupid.

And non-factual.

And laughable.

And highly expected from such an invalid.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

What is more of an embarrassment for international relations, Trump's words or when Bush 41 vomited on Japan's prime minister? It's all a matter of perspective, I guess.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join