It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Immigrants will commit new 9/11’s using ‘cell phones with ISIS flags on them’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Speaking on the National Border Patrol Council’s Green Line radio show, presumptive GOP Presidential candidate Donald Trump warned that the country is in grave danger of another terrorist attack due to recent immigrants who have “cell phones with ISIS flags on them,” reports Buzzfeed.

As for the U.S., Trump claimed, “There will be attacks that you wouldn’t believe. There will be attacks by the people that are right now that are coming into our country.”

“I mean you look at it, they have cell phones,” Trump declared. “So they don’t have money, they don’t have anything. They have cell phones — who pays their monthly charges, right?”

“They have cell phones with the flags, the ISIS flags on them,” he continued.

WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT...how does he come up with this garbage? Phones with logos of ISIS flags on them? Really? That's how the sneak attack will come about? Does the Pentagon and CIA have this valuable data? Maybe he can thwart the attack by finding the company who makes the flag phones and grabbing their customer records.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: XP100

I keep asking the same question. That and what is wrong with people who actually believe he is going to be good for the country.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think we should all be watchful if anyone has ISIS flags around. There is always the possibility the drug gangs will want to see some good money for a sneak attack. I hope our agencies are always screening for these threats.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Fear-mongering 101 right here folks.

"Vote for me and my wall or terrorists will come from Mexico and blow a whole bunch of people up."

The Trumpeteers will buy it too, Trump would never lie to them.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When I see Trump on stage doing his over the top imitations of comments from others, and his mocking of what others have said, in a demeaning way, I imagine him on a stage with world leaders behaving in that way.

Somehow I do not see him on the same level as them - yes they are staid, boring, serious etc but he is just trying to be an entertainer to amuse his audience using whatever means necessary and ends up looking like an 8 year old petulant kid.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
I think we should all be watchful if anyone has ISIS flags around. There is always the possibility the drug gangs will want to see some good money for a sneak attack. I hope our agencies are always screening for these threats.

The "drug" gangs? I don't even get the connection there. And ISIS flags around? They are really going to openly hang a flag of their terrorist organization out in front of the house here in the US? You really think that? Maybe they'll make up some jerseys with their last names on the back. Or baseball caps.

Or maybe the flag logo phones are just the right amount of team spirit for them. Not too much, not too little. Subtle.

+2 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: XP100
Speaking on the National Border Patrol Council’s Green Line radio show, presumptive GOP Presidential candidate Donald Trump warned that the country is in grave danger of another terrorist attack due to recent immigrants who have “cell phones with ISIS flags on them,” reports Buzzfeed.

As for the U.S., Trump claimed, “There will be attacks that you wouldn’t believe. There will be attacks by the people that are right now that are coming into our country.”

“I mean you look at it, they have cell phones,” Trump declared. “So they don’t have money, they don’t have anything. They have cell phones — who pays their monthly charges, right?”

“They have cell phones with the flags, the ISIS flags on them,” he continued.

WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT...how does he come up with this garbage? Phones with logos of ISIS flags on them? Really? That's how the sneak attack will come about? Does the Pentagon and CIA have this valuable data? Maybe he can thwart the attack by finding the company who makes the flag phones and grabbing their customer records.

Ummm, he's going off the data that was found in the investigations into the 'refugees' in Europe via their confiscated and lost phones.

The ISIS flags, the videos of terrorist affiliates and activites, etc.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Which investigations were those?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: XP100

Ummm, he's going off the data that was found in the investigations into the 'refugees' in Europe via their confiscated and lost phones.

The ISIS flags, the videos of terrorist affiliates and activites, etc.

And you honestly think they will come to the US and openly display that flag, in an effort to pull off a 'sneak' attack?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Anyone wanting to make a quick buck should knock up a whole batch of pro and anti-Trump ISIS phonecovers and flood the university safe spaces across the country.

Who wants to be a millionaire?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You can look at MULTIPLE videos on YouTube.

keywords = ISIS + Flag + phones + refugees. Or any combination.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Anyone wanting to make a quick buck should knock up a whole batch of pro and anti-Trump ISIS phonecovers and flood the university safe spaces across the country.

Who wants to be a millionaire?

Make them peel offs that way when Hillary supporters are in public they can swap positions.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Did you ever think he may have been speaking figuratively? Just a thought. He did ask who pays the phone bill. If those within ISIS are paying for these phones to keep in contact with "operatives" then you could say ( I guess) that the phone has an ISIS flag on it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So they had pictures of an ISIS flag and ISiS beheading people on their cell phones. Have any of you ever considered that when you live in an area where that kind of thing is happening that you and others you know might share such pictures with each other for reasons other than being a secret ISIS agent???

Think about it. Obviously ISIS and ISIS propaganda and pictures and stories would be everywhere. There are a million reasons why anyone living in that area would have pics like that on their phones. It just makes sense that they would. If there was some invading force in your homeland don't you think material related to them would be shared and sent to everyone you know too???

Trump has no idea and no more information than anyone else about ISIS. Which is why that is all the info he can say about it. It's nothing new or more informative than anyone else has by reading the news. Everyone is just jumping to conclusions based on ignorance. Having a cell phone with a picture of an ISIS flag on it doesn't mean anything. What purpose would that serve anyway other than to totally blow your cover if you were a member of ISiS??? It's just stupid fear mongering BS.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

YouTube videos are not investigations.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You can look at MULTIPLE videos on YouTube.

keywords = ISIS + Flag + phones + refugees. Or any combination.

And you highlight how most people inform themselves.

Youtube=Investigations.

By the way, is there a link to this statement by Trump? No link in the OP.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Actually, he has a point. Not about the flags, of course, but about individuals coming to the country illegally with no money, but somehow able to have a cell phone. There's something about that situation that screams red flag, and this is exactly the kind of common sense thinking that makes him popular. He just doesn't explain things like a politician, because he isn't a politician... he's a businessman. He talks like a businessman.

The ISIS flag comment is just to tie ISIS to the questionable situation, referencing an attribute found in the Paris attacks. I don't think anyone, including Trump, thinks that an ISIS flag on the home screen is the clue to look for; the phone in a situation where there should be no phone is the clue.

Also, before anyone makes a mountain out of a ditch, we're talking about illegal immigrants, not tourists, not visitors, not legal immigrants, certainly not citizens... illegal immigrants. The point is to look at the totality of the situation to determine if a potential problem is indicated. Broke? Check. No problem. Illegal immigrant? Check. Maybe not a terrorist though. Broke illegal immigrant with a nice new cell phone who wants to take flying lessons but doesn't think he needs to know how to land? Ding ding ding!

In a world where we strip search Grandma Smith who's lived in Kansas her whole life and finally decided to fly to Vegas, but let the two mideastern guys with questionable passport photos who are texting each other and glancing around suspiciously through without question, this kind of common sense is sorely wanted.

If you want to discredit Trump, there's plenty of ammo... he's got bullyish tendencies, he knows little about foreign affairs, he tends to tweet off the cuff... but to attack common sense proposals by taking the common sense out of them just makes the average Joe more enthusiastic. It emphasizes the reason we must stop the political correctness.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have lived in under developed countries and also visited many rural areas at times when cell phones were taking off in countries, and I was always amazed when people who I would not assume had a phone, actually had a phone that was much better than mine!

Consumerism has won, and people will put themselves into debt for a nice shiny piece of metal/plastic that gives them status.

You may as well just look at someone and say "You have clothes, you are not poor."

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
OP,

where's the link to the full transcript so we can see the larger context of this?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 1984hasarrived

Have you seen the shows "Family Guy" and "South Park"? That's what he's going for. Last summer, I compared his campaigning style to WWE/Professional Wrestling monologues. But he seems to have dumbed it down even more since then.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join