It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

You probably think gay parents encourage their kids to be gay.

Where the hell did that come from? I did not mention gay people at all. Sexual orientation and trans have nothing to do with each other. But I'm sure you know that. So are you trying to pick a fight, gas-light, strawman or just what?

I see the correlation in the point you were trying to make, even if you don't.

So let's address that: Who exactly is encouraging kids to be transgender?

You see thru your own lens then, not mine.

As for 'encouraging' ...a more appropriate word would be 'facilitating.' Parents who put their kids on blockers so they can act out being the other sex facilitate the transition of their children, when helping them to break down the gender stereotypes and accept their natural human form, would be a much more humane and in the best interest of children.

Its pretty clear what you said and are saying.

That transgender is an act. That parents force it on them.

Gender is in the brain. Not their human form.

Nope, I think the kids are confused, and the parents these days are being coached to go along with it. Drop the gender stereotypes and lets encourage kids to accept the bodies they were born with and pursue interests across gender barriers.

Transgender kids know they are in the wrong body.

They are not going to accept what to them is wrong, the physical packaging.

I know you're trying to word it all nice - - - but, seems you reject that transgender is a real thing.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: new_here

You've had no personal experience with a transgender kid, have you?

People try to tell me ADD and High Functioning Autism is not a real thing either.

I get crap from other parents all the time, that I'm projecting it on him. I should just let him be a kid.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You've had no personal experience with a transgender kid, have you?

Personal experience with a happy adult female daughter who was gender nonconforming, and who is thankful as can be that she was not a child in this current day.
edit on 5/16/2016 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Does the condition define the individual, or does the individual define the condition?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

My daughter has a friend who is a trans teen going through all this now. I have met a few transgender adults. I have read about many personal experiences of the parents of these kids. They all say how much they struggled with their children, how they tried to reason with them, bribed them, ignored them, punished them - they tried everything to stop the kid from talking about being in the wrong body. All it accomplished was having a kid who was clinically depressed to the point of being suicidal. These parents didn't want their kids to be transgender - some of them were horrified by the idea.

It does not work to tell a child to be happy in their body when they have gender dysphoria. It's not like being overweight or having a big nose. It goes way, way deeper than that.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Does the condition define the individual, or does the individual define the condition?

Considering its brain function. That's a simple answer.

Adjusting to social structure is the individual's choices.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You probably think gay parents encourage their kids to be gay.

Where the hell did that come from? I did not mention gay people at all. Sexual orientation and trans have nothing to do with each other. But I'm sure you know that. So are you trying to pick a fight, gas-light, strawman or just what?

I see the correlation in the point you were trying to make, even if you don't.

So let's address that: Who exactly is encouraging kids to be transgender?

You see thru your own lens then, not mine.

As for 'encouraging' ...a more appropriate word would be 'facilitating.' Parents who put their kids on blockers so they can act out being the other sex facilitate the transition of their children, when helping them to break down the gender stereotypes and accept their natural human form, would be a much more humane and in the best interest of children.

Its pretty clear what you said and are saying.

That transgender is an act. That parents force it on them.

Gender is in the brain. Not their human form.

Nope, I think the kids are confused, and the parents these days are being coached to go along with it. Drop the gender stereotypes and lets encourage kids to accept the bodies they were born with and pursue interests across gender barriers.

Transgender kids know they are in the wrong body.

Then why put them on puberty blockers until they can 'decide?' And why do most of those change their minds? They don't know any other body but the one they have. It's time we help them love what they came here with.
edit on 5/16/2016 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Cool. Not all transgender people want to have surgery. Some are happy with their bodies the way they are.

Those who are very unhappy with their bodies cannot be convinced by someone telling to be stop being unhappy.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If you're going to punish kids for using the "wrong pronouns" you are a MORON or a Tyrant. Period

If you are going to tell me that a 3 year old person, who eats boogers, talks to imaginary friends, believes in the tooth fairy, thinks magic is real....that they have established enough of a sense of reality and self, as to 'help' them 'transition' into another gender at their whim....you are irresponsible.

3 years old is TOO YOUNG to take seriously for such a life altering/changing event. They barely understand communication and have barely even begun to master WALKING/balance/movement and other base level evolutionary concepts such as going to the bathroom, chewing food, clothing themselves.

Expecting kids from that age, to say 10 years old to be on watch for PRONOUNS and language, which is used in 99.9999% of the entire Earth's culture and language, and to go against that, is not only foolish....it's tyrannical.

This is not "protecting children", this is damaging them. This is the height of social idiocy and arrogance, all to make some 'adults' who are questionable themselves, feel better about their ego. Sickness defined as enlightenment or progression.

Shameful.
edit on 781pm3112America/Chicago15CDT12America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

My daughter has a friend who is a trans teen going through all this now. I have met a few transgender adults. I have read about many personal experiences of the parents of these kids. They all say how much they struggled with their children, how they tried to reason with them, bribed them, ignored them, punished them - they tried everything to stop the kid from talking about being in the wrong body. All it accomplished was having a kid who was clinically depressed to the point of being suicidal. These parents didn't want their kids to be transgender - some of them were horrified by the idea.

It does not work to tell a child to be happy in their body when they have gender dysphoria. It's not like being overweight or having a big nose. It goes way, way deeper than that.

Totally agree. And Freija has said the same thing.

And thank you and your daughter for being a good friend.

Autism is also in the brain. You take the kid as they are and work from there. To anyone else, he seems like a perfectly normal kid. I get told all the time "just let him be a kid" - - - yeah, just let him run free. Except with him, he'd probably end up in another state and he's only 8. He tried to get a job at Walmart. He actually went online and filled out an application.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Cool. Not all transgender people want to have surgery. Some are happy with their bodies the way they are.

My daughter is not/was never transgender. She did not conform to gender stereotypes. Societal labels may well have influenced her to identify as trans if she were a child today. She is thankful she skirted this current trend. So am I. Puberty blockers block the very hormones that are key to brain maturation in adolescence. And they effect bone growth & bone density. Serious business

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

And why do most of those change their minds? They don't know any other body but the one they have. It's time we help them love what they came here with.

Where are your statistics on transgender kids changing their mind? Since you state MOST.

Hormone blockers are not given until pre-puberty. And have shown no side effects when stopped.

Hormone blockers are also used in regulating female difficulties. And probably other medical issues.

edit on 16-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Autism is also in the brain. You take the kid as they are and work from there. To anyone else, he seems like a perfectly normal kid. I get told all the time "just let him be a kid" - - - yeah, just let him run free. Except with him, he'd probably end up in another state and he's only 8. He tried to get a job at Walmart. He actually went online and filled out an application.

Just as you can reason your way through explaining why it is dangerous for him to be travelling interstate or the inappropriateness of him working a job at age 8, surely parents of "confused" children could use the same method when explaining to them that they ought to wait until they are mature adults to make decisions about physically transitioning from the bodies nature gave them?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

If you are going to tell me that a 3 year old person, who eats boogers, talks to imaginary friends, believes in the tooth fairy, thinks magic is real....that they have established enough of a sense of reality and self, as to 'help' them 'transition' into another gender at their whim....you are irresponsible..

Is there an issue letting a 3 year old define themselves?

Letting a kid be who they are as a person - - - is not irresponsible parenting.

Allowing tantrums, rudeness, screaming No, physical abuse of other children, etc - - - that is bad parenting.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Just as you can reason your way through explaining why it is dangerous for him to be travelling interstate or the inappropriateness of him working a job at age 8, surely parents of "confused" children could use the same method when explaining to them that they ought to wait until they are mature adults to make decisions about physically transitioning from the bodies nature gave them?

Transgender children are not confused.

And YOU don't tell them. THEY tell you.

Hormone blockers are not given until pre-puberty. They are exactly for what you want. To allow the child to become a legal adult to make their own decision.

All hormone blockers do is put the physical changes of puberty on hold for a few years.

edit on 16-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If you are going to tell me that a 3 year old person, who eats boogers, talks to imaginary friends, believes in the tooth fairy, thinks magic is real....that they have established enough of a sense of reality and self, as to 'help' them 'transition' into another gender at their whim....you are irresponsible..

Allowing tantrums, rudeness, screaming No, physical abuse of other children, etc - - - that is bad parenting.

A three year old can say he identifies as a Jedi Knight. It doesn't mean you teach him that he can use The Force to lift soda cans, jump 30 feet off of cliffs, or stop cars.

Understand the difference?????????
edit on 791pm3112America/Chicago15CDT12America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

A three year old can say he identifies as a Jedi Knight. It doesn't mean you teach him that he can use The Force to lift soda cans, jump 30 feet off of cliffs, or stop cars.

You DO NOT teach a transgender child to be a gender different from their physical packaging.

THEY TELL YOU. They know.

What does any of that other stuff have to do with Gender Dyphoria?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So you've never had experience with a trans kid who was terribly unhappy with their body to the point of depression and suicide. You've never had a trans kid ask you when their penis would fall off so they could be the girl they knew they were. You've never had a trans kid withdraw from learning or playing with friends at school because they had given up being happy, after being told by you to just be happy with their body. You've never had a trans kid commit suicide because you refused to help them transition.

Because there are parents who have gone through all these situations with trans kids.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You DO NOT teach a transgender child to be a gender different from their physical packaging.

I was convinced, from the age of 4-7 that I was half Monkey/half Cheetah. Because I climbed better and ran faster than all the other kids. I even believed it and told other kids I was.

I remember telling my dad that a piece of costume jewelry I kept in my pocket was a real diamond, for months.

I tried to hatch an egg for 2 weeks by carrying it around in my shirt. Until it spoiled and I threw it against a rock, crying.

When Star Wars came out in theaters, I tried levitating objects and was CONVINCED I was like Luke Skywalker.

"They tell you" isn't enough.

edit on 796pm3101America/Chicago15CDT01America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I was convinced, from the age of 4-7 that I was half Monkey/half Cheetah.

I'm just not going to go there anymore.

Consider legitimate research.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join