It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Annee

I think I've posted the Spivak info in at least 4 threads since yesterday.

Sorry, most people are still not going to learn all these different pronouns.

Is this what is going to be taught in schools form now on?... I mean, education is already so perfect that teachers are going to be able to give new lessons about all the different pronouns, and future possible pronouns people might want to be called?

It should have been taught in schools all along.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Brotherman

Yeah we've replied to schizo's posts many times here.

Here's a great example of some rude SJW hypocrisy.

You have your opinion brother man so you're a schizo.

Hey, SJWs, leave kids alone you weird sick twisted idiots.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I don't remember why I wrote that post. I was probably talking about someone else with that name in one of many threads about transgender people. But I'll tell you one thing. He did call us retards so it's fair game.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Can't we all just get symbols like Prince?

I'll go with this one.

I'd get in trouble there too. Mine would be the classic upraised fist ... but I'd add an upraised middle finger to it.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You will call a person "it"? I see ok.

It is gender neutral.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

one thing. He did call us retards so it's fair game.

Lol ok fair enough. Star for you.

I gotta say though,and this is for the thread in general, not just you....,

I think it is very wrong, and just plain weird to ever allow a kid to take hormone blockers...

I can't even begin........

We go through all kinds of phases growing up.....if a kid is having these feelings still when they become an adult, then by all means, go to town.

But seriously, people need to leave kids outta this crap....
edit on 16-5-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Brotherman

a reply to: Brotherman

Yeah we've replied to schizo's posts many times here.

What does that mean? Are you inferring I have a mental disorder? I am not sure I am grasping the point here.

There's no law to ban them from demeaning you and quite hypocritically it is exposing their double standards. So much for kindness, they have no warm and fuzzys for you.

That's because it's all relative morally speaking.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

It's difficult to understand I know. Children with "male" or "female" brains will consistently "identify" with their genders. Many evidence point to that. Brain scans and genetic researches for example. Should we try to steer their way to the gender that corresponds to the sexes they have and end up ruining their lives or just go along and work with doctors and see where it goes?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ever heard of a child called "It"?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Ever heard of a child called "It"?

Yes, but which is more practical?

Spend how many days every school year teaching all of your kids the proper language to use when referring to each other that would otherwise be spent on little things like, oh, reading, writing, and arithmetic ... things most of them are likely very far behind in anyhow ... or simply tell everyone to use it as the preferred pronoun.

The gender neutral ones are just as impersonal.

I mean, it's not like many of them will likely have perfect notions of gender anyhow, and as a teacher it will likely be your job to help facilitate their separate journeys toward self-gender-discovery ... I mean, isn't that so much more rewarding than teaching about nouns and verbs and those stupid pronouns like he and she?
edit on 16-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

It is a long process. For some reason the Republicans think that the boys and girls will all of sudden one day want to be identified as the opposite sex and everyone MUST comply and accept.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

It is a long process. For some reason the Republicans think that the boys and girls will all of sudden one day want to be identified as the opposite sex and everyone MUST comply and accept.

That's not true. Over exaggeration as usual.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Children with "male" or "female" brains will consistently "identify" with their genders. Many evidence point to that. Brain scans and genetic researches for example.

I'm really tired of this being tossed around as fact. As I've said twice already in this thread, if there were any truth to the notion that you could spot a trans on a brain scan, then WHY is this objective data not being used for DIAGNOSTIC purposes, instead of allowing a diagnosis based on subjective feelings? I mean, considering the huge implications of the diagnosis (lifelong hormones treatment, surgery, etc.)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

So you're not interested in studies?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Why does protecting a student from being called he, if identifying as a she or vice versa, take precedent over calling students gay or a homo or light skinned or ugly or a fatty or nappy haired or a chubster or a whiteboy or a retard or white trash or wigger or any numerous names and things students throw around?

Dealing with all that is a part of growing up. It's a part of maturation and preparation for the real world.

Why not just pass legislation which says, no more insulting or federal funding will be pulled?

Because that's how ridiculous all this is.
edit on 16-5-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I've spent some time at Fox News in the comment sections. Hardly an exaggeration.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I've spent some time at Fox News in the comment sections. Hardly an exaggeration.

Oh, my! LOL!! The comment section of Fox News....oh, okay (~~sigh)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

a reply to: new_here

So you're not interested in studies?

I'm interested in facts. If brain scans can prove trans, then use them as a diagnostic tool.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

What. You think Fox News report factual news? Sighs.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Excellent point.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join