It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Public Schools Now Forcing Students To Use Requested Transgender Pronouns

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
1 = the same as majority.

If we are to utilise your logic consistently, then if somebody in the USA is born with 12 fingers and 12 toes, all nursery rhymes/text books should be altered to reflect that either "MOST people, but not everyone, has 10 fingers and 10 toes" or " the number of fingers and toes of humans varies."

Can you not see how ridiculous going down such a path would be?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

However, opening peoples/parents minds to something that does exists - - might keep them from trying to force their kid into a stereotype gender.

Wrong. Advocating that children change genders to the one they feel they 'fit into' is enforcing gender stereotypes!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

The guidelines don't apply to innocent mistakes. It applies to willful, mean spirited refusals to address the trans kids properly, in an attempt to demean and belittle.

Right.

There has been effort to get non-gender pronouns into the language for quite some time. Long before any transgender discussion.

How horrible that we evolve our language.

The precise history of the Spivak pronouns is unclear, since they appear to have been independently created multiple times, each time likely without knowledge of the previous. The first recorded use of the pronouns was in a January 1890editorial by one James Rogers, who derives e, es, and em from he and them in response to the proposed "thon". In 1975, Christine M. Elverson of Skokie, Illinois, won a contest by the Chicago Association of Business Communicators to find replacements for "she and he", "him and her", and "his and hers". Her "transgender pronouns" ey, em, and eir were formed by dropping the "th" from they, them, and their. (See 'em.) The article that first reported the pronouns treated them as something of a joke, concluding with the line, "A contestant from California entered the word 'uh' because 'if it isn't a he or a she, it's uh, something else.' So much of eir humor." en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

However, opening peoples/parents minds to something that does exists - - might keep them from trying to force their kid into a stereotype gender.

Wrong. Advocating that children change genders to the one they feel they 'fit into' is enforcing gender stereotypes!

Gender is in the brain.

A transgender child does not change their gender.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

1 = the same as majority.

If we are to utilise your logic consistently, then if somebody in the USA is born with 12 fingers and 12 toes, all nursery rhymes/text books should be altered to reflect that either "MOST people, but not everyone, has 10 fingers and 10 toes" or " the number of fingers and toes of humans varies."

Can you not see how ridiculous going down such a path would be?

Everyone has to pee.

Everyone communicate with pronouns.

Doesn't really compare. But, feel free to write a book about 12 toes.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Gender is in the brain.

Really, you know that is unproven malarkey thrown around by trans activists. If it's so cut & dry, why is it NEVER used as a diagnostic tool before people radically change their bodies?

Well that I can go along with. They are who they were born as. They can't really alter that.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Is it possible that transgenderism is just another topic designed to draw our attention while much bigger changes, (as always) designed to remove more freedom and wealth from the American people are quietly taking place elsewhere?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Gender is in the brain.

Really, you know that is unproven malarkey thrown around by trans activists. If it's so cut & dry, why is it NEVER used as a diagnostic tool before people radically change their bodies?

Well that I can go along with. They are who they were born as. They can't really alter that.

Yes, they are who they were born.

Gender is in the brain.

The physical packaging doesn't match the gender.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They don't even know standard grammar and can't read, but we must social engineer them!

... probably can't do math either.

And I am guessing we're chucking standard basic science out the window because god forbid they learn about such voodoo as XX and XY and what they mean.
edit on 16-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Gender is in the brain.

Delusions of the mind are inconsistent with reality? Sounds awfully similar to a mental illness...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Gender is in the brain.

Gender is in the brain.

Again. Unproven. Otherwise they'd use it as a diagnostic tool, instead of 'I FEEL like..."

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Gender is in the brain.

Gender is in the brain.

Again. Unproven. Otherwise they'd use it as a diagnostic tool, instead of 'I FEEL like..."

Who uses "I Feel"?

Transgender kids KNOW.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Gender is in the brain.

Delusions of the mind are inconsistent with reality? Sounds awfully similar to a mental illness...

Ignorance by choice.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

They're working on it.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Gender is in the brain.

Gender is in the brain.

Who uses "I Feel"?

Transgender kids KNOW.

A quick Internet search: "I always felt like a girl" will tell you all you need to know.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

What I don't understand about your argument is this: you denounce people using the "if a young child thinks they are a goat, it's okay to explain to them that they are not really a goat" but when it comes to a child questioning their sexual identity, this appears to be a taboo area where you need to step back and let them dictate reality.

Why is the former dismissed with reason, but the latter is not?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What I don't understand about your argument is this: you denounce people using the "if a young child thinks they are a goat, it's okay to explain to them that they are not really a goat" but when it comes to a child questioning their sexual identity, this appears to be a taboo area where you need to step back and let them dictate reality.

Why is the former dismissed with reason, but the latter is not?

There will be no discussion with anyone who brings animals into this.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Gender is in the brain.

Gender is in the brain.

Who uses "I Feel"?

Transgender kids KNOW.

A quick Internet search: "I always felt like a girl" will tell you all you need to know.

Link? Source?

Curious about the context its in.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

My daughter has a friend who is a trans teen going through all this now. I have met a few transgender adults. I have read about many personal experiences of the parents of these kids. They all say how much they struggled with their children, how they tried to reason with them, bribed them, ignored them, punished them - they tried everything to stop the kid from talking about being in the wrong body. All it accomplished was having a kid who was clinically depressed to the point of being suicidal. These parents didn't want their kids to be transgender - some of them were horrified by the idea.

It does not work to tell a child to be happy in their body when they have gender dysphoria. It's not like being overweight or having a big nose. It goes way, way deeper than that.

Maybe it's time all you pseudo psychologists that THINK you are being social warriors and advocates for the transgender children stop and think about something else for a minute.

Maybe these kids are NOT in the wrong body nor the wrong state of mind. Maybe this 0.3 of 1 per cent is an anomaly that you nor the so-called experts understand at all.

Maybe it is time to stop encouraging the males to LOOK female by mutilation and chemistry and accept their body AND their mind as it is.....same for the females.

Maybe it is time they stop being told by all the pseudos out there that social conformity is necessary.

Maybe it is time transgender people quit focusing on making their body something it's not and figure out why they have this body and this mind as it is and learn how to be happy with what Mother Nature has offered them.

Those that choose to change their bodies may be missing out on a wonderful new world of being.

I refer back to my post on pg. 8 of this thread.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Maybe it is time to stop encouraging the males to LOOK female by mutilation and chemistry and accept their body AND their mind as it is.....same for the females.

Who does that?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join