It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Archaeological Evidence for Jesus Been Discovered?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
After three days Christ was risen, in that heat, no water? he only knows what the contents of his stomach got up to, When Henry the eight was being transported up the Thames just after he died, it was a hot day, the contents of his stomach exploded, that is what I based my assumption on what happened to Christ's body.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Separated by 62 years does not a contemporary make. That's like saying Glenn Miller is a contemporary of MC Hammer.

I'm reminded of Babe Ruth's called shot. If you've ever seen the lost footage of that mythical[/I] at bat, without the legend, it certainly doesn't appear as though he actually called the shot.

Could you please cite where 75% of linguistic translators believe Josephus' account of Jesus? It's been few years since I went down that rabbit hole. I wonder what's changed?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It's anecdotal evidence at best and highly controversial as to it's authenticity, so make up your own mind but....

There is in existence an Ossuary (bones box) from the right time period from the right place that just happens to have the words along the lines of 'James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus' carved into it.

The Jews flat out believe that the while the box is unquestionably authentic, the engraving is a forgery from a later date. independent testing however has seems to disagree with them, indicating the engraving is authentic and about as old as the box itself.

So, who knows?.... maybe there IS archaeological evidence of his existence after all

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-5-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

Could you please cite where 75% of linguistic translators believe Josephus' account of Jesus? It's been few years since I went down that rabbit hole. I wonder what's changed?

Yes.
You can do a search on Google to suite your own taste as a Josephus Mythologist or as an academist. I am quite sure you will find something on the internet that will satisfy your desire for either one. The only change is that of unqualified people who hate Christianity. Our second rate universities are full of them.

Comparing Mike Hammer or Glen Miller or Babe Ruth is quite the stretch and not on target. Actually the data between Josephus and Jesus is less than five years. Much better than your 500 years to say the least. Yes it is considered contemporary by standards of academia.

edit on 18-5-2016 by Seede because: Spelling error

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

So, who knows?.... maybe there IS archaeological evidence of his existence after all

Glastonbury at Chapel Hill as well as Avalon are packed full of evidence from early church Celtic records and political records as well as many independent authors who have produced records of the Bethany Family of twelve.

One can glean more evidence from Britain than from Jerusalem concerning the first Christian churches. It seems that Joseph of Arimathea (Jesus' uncle) took the twelve, called the Bethany Family, to Britain and some moved on to France. Joseph used his great wealth to finance the first great Christian movement to Europe. Most students of Christianity can learn more of Jesus in Britain than can be shown in Jerusalem by a study of the Celts and early British people. Jesus' mother died and is interred in Britain. Evidence of the blind man (named Restitute), who Jesus had healed, became one of the Bishops of his Christ Jesus. Both Martha and her brother Lazarus also were with the Bethany Family and Lazarus also became a bishop of Christ Jesus. Martha and Mary Magdalene died within one day apart which is also recorded in church records. These types of things are not even known in Greek or Hebrew literature.

I believe that most people are looking in the wrong places for evidence of Christ Jesus. You won't find very much in the Jerusalem area after the Jews and Romans murdered and burned almost all records.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper

All the answers you're seeking

The author on the other end of that link thoroughly breaks down every piece of evidence for the existence of Jesus, and goes over them all with a fine tooth comb to test their validity. If there's anything you're curious about, likely including the ossuary, you can find out all about it there. You'll have to do some reading though, but knowledge never comes cheap.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join