It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Tsunami Orphans Prime Targets for Black Market in Sex, Forced Labor, Organs and Military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The global Black Market in children thrives on war, catastrophe and abuse - and Asia's recent tsunami has created a whole new source of "product." Children are used in the sex trade, for slave labor, to supply organs for transplant on the black market, and are kidnapped for use as child soldiers too. Tsunami orphans are at risk.

www.cbc.ca
Tsunami orphans have become prime targets for forced labour and the sex slave industry, but they're also sought in Sri Lanka by the Tamil Tigers as child soldiers, say international aid agencies.

On Thursday, Ted Chaiban, the chief of UNICEF in Sri Lanka, verified three girls, aged 11, 12 and 15 had been recruited. He said the agency was working with the Liberation Tigers of Tamileelam to get them released.

Tamil teenage boys report that the Tamil Tigers have approached refugee camps trying to recruit them. ...Some go willingly, but those who refuse are taken by force, he adds.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This story and others like it don't get much coverage in the USA. The same financiers who fund war efforts and other legal activities also are said to back black market industries. They don't want public attention on their nefarious investments.

In the USA, the media is manipulated to control the population - and direct public outrage towards isolated individuals, not the nasty profitable industries. So Americans are encouraged to spend their passions trashing a few troubled scapegoats, like Michael Jackson, Andrea Yates or Jimmy Dean Watkins - and let the big business of child abuse continue uninterrupted.

A good overview of the issue affecting children in areas of conflict is available here:
www.essex.ac.uk...

The Protection Project covers a number of the issues here:
www.protectionproject.org...

Related News Links:
www.elitestv.com
cnews.canoe.ca
news.bbc.co.uk
www.wam.umd.edu

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Conspiracy of Missing Children

[edit on 14-1-2005 by soficrow]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is going to take a global effort to put a stop too. As a parent I still have chills over the Belgium (I think) kid that survived the tsunami and was checked out by a starnger and has not been seen sence.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

As a parent I still have chills over the Belgium (I think) kid that survived the tsunami and was checked out by a starnger and has not been seen sence.

I feel the exact same way on that one. Didn't the doctor say that he thought all westerners looked alike or something like that, and that's why he let the imposter parents check the kid out of the hospital?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
This is going to take a global effort to put a stop too.

True. ...and we need to recognize that we're fighting big business on this one, not the occasional weirdo.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Though alot of his music is too poppy for me (some of his latin music is pretty good) Ricky Martin is putting together a huge awareness campaign against "Sex Tourism" in the areas of the Tsunami disaster. The children, girls, and women who are subjected to this living torture have had a face in the public reality of kidnapping and prostitution for decades; probably centuries. Anyone who has the ability financially to support, or time on their hands to use for a fight against one of the worst things to happen to anyone in this world should help out. I won't describe what I would do to someone man or woman who I found out was part of this human atrocity; though I will say the person who stated "there are worse things than death" was right on target. I used to write alot of poetry and I will add a statement here that is part of one of those poems. It is something that should be true, but is definitely not in the cases of this human hell. The statement is "In years we'll know why listening to children could be beautiful advice---When looking through the eyes of a child greatly resembles paradise". I am not a parent, but these are words I believe.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

This story and others like it don't get much coverage in the USA. The same financiers who fund war efforts and other legal activities also are said to back black market industries. They don't want public attention on their nefarious investments.

In the USA, the media is manipulated to control the population - and direct public outrage towards isolated individuals, not the nasty profitable industries. So Americans are encouraged to spend their passions trashing a few troubled scapegoats, like Michael Jackson, Andrea Yates or Jimmy Dean Watkins - and let the big business of child abuse continue uninterrupted.

How exactly is the media manipulated by the government to control the population?.... Aren't there enough liberal news media that bash and blame everything the president and administration do to prove your statement is not true? Meanwhile those same liberal news media decide it is better not to take on other issues such as the black market of children, or the attrocities that the French and UN soldiers are committing in the Ivory Coast, and many others.

BTW, are you saying that the government of the US is involved in this black market of children?...if you are you need to present facts.

Let me show you one of the countries that actually does have a black market for organs, the Chinese government will search for people with same blood types as the rich buyers, the Chinese government will jail the donor and murder him/her and then sell the organ. That's one of the wonderful things that the Chinese government does.

Here are excerpts and some links that back up what i said.

The Chinese government has also stated repeatedly that the sale of organs from the prisoners it executes is not allowed. This statement is repeated despite massive evidence that Chinese hospitals—all of which are government-controlled—are directly involved in the sale of prisoners’ organs to wealthy foreigners.

A worldwide transplant shortage fuels the demand for illegally obtained organs. In the darker corners of some developing countries, criminal gangs have long been known to kidnap people in order to steal a kidney or other organ. In these countries—as in the Untied States, as in China—the sale of organs for transplant is illegal.

What is not illegal in China, however, is the extraction and transplantation of organs from executed prisoners. The 1984 policy paper detailed above says so. China’s position as the world leader in executions ensures that transplantable organs are abundantly available. ABC’s "Blood Money" report bolster’s this notion. Caught on an ABC hidden camera, Dr. Dai’s wife assures her prospective buyer that the transplanted kidney will be healthy:

"Regarding the prisoners’ health, they are all given physical check-ups and blood tests. They don’t carry hepatitis or anything like that. All those carrying diseases will be excluded. You see, there are so many criminals, they have a lot to choose from."

Excerpted from.
www.laogai.org...

According to a news release from the Subcommittee on International Operations and Human Rights of the US House of Representatives’ Committee on International Relations, as many as 90% of the transplants performed in China utilize organs harvested from prisoners executed by a bullet to the back of the head. Amnesty International reports that some of these prisoners are executed for crimes no more serious than pro-democracy activism or tax evasion.

Wei Jingshen, a Chinese dissident now living in the US, has reported that, while he was on death row in China, guards told him that prisoners are often executed for the sole purpose of removing their organs because living donor organs are in greater demand and fetch a higher price. While Chinese officials have admitted that organs are “occasionally” retrieved from prisoners, they deny the practice is widespread or that the organs are removed without the consent of the convicts. The subcommittee said that “this view does not coincide with the evidence obtained by human rights organizations and investigators...”

Excerpted from.
www.ikidney.com...

---edited to add comment---

[edit on 15-1-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
How exactly is the media manipulated by the government to control the population?

What I said was, "In the USA, the media is manipulated to control the population - and direct public outrage towards isolated individuals, not the nasty profitable industries. So Americans are encouraged to spend their passions trashing a few troubled scapegoats, like Michael Jackson, Andrea Yates or Jimmy Dean Watkins - and let the big business of child abuse continue uninterrupted."

I did NOT say anything about the government. You're projecting. ...Feeling guilty are you?

..are you saying that the government of the US is involved in this black market of children?...if you are you need to present facts.

No Maudib - this is what I said, "The same financiers who fund war efforts and other legal activities also are said to back black market industries."

...as you know, I do think these same financiers back Bush - but I'm not saying the links are direct - just that the international level corporate financiers have their fingers in all the pies, and are in position to pull all kinds of strings...

Again, the black market in children is a problem world wide. As with any problem, the solution will not be found until the problem is widely recognized and acknowledged.

...Generally, those who work to deny a problem's existence, or to bury it under a mountain of red herrings, are part of said problem.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Feeling guilty of what soficrow?.... do you care to explain what you seem to be sure i have done?......

And do present evidence that the same people who fund wars are guilty of dealing in such black markets as slave trade.... i am pretty sure some rich people are probably involved, but I don't have any evidence like you seem to have that all those who fund wars, or start wars, are ringleaders for slave markets......

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Quite a few members have been saying that the government is working to detain anyone without any evidence and accuse them of crimes they have never done. That I remember soficrow, you are one of those people, yet in here you are proclaiming, without having any evidence that all those people who fund wars are ringleaders in the black market of slaves. First you are doing exactly what you proclaim the government does. Second, you are obviously uninformed that every citizen in the country that pays telephone taxes are paying for military spending. So, you are claming that every citizen of the US is a ringleader in the black market of children.

BTW, if you are claiming, that appart from the phone taxes that I pay, that i fund wars....you are obviously out of your mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
you are obviously uninformed that every citizen in the country that pays telephone taxes are paying for military spending. So, you are claming that every citizen of the US is a ringleader in the black market of children.

Ermm. I am claiming that there is a big business black market in children - that the roots go deep - and that global attention is required.

You are foaming a bit out of control and trying to destroy a legitimate discussion. Why? I do wonder...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The black market for children and organs is rampant in third world countries is a shame that children are not better taken care off and is always a link between the industry and non third word countries.

Is like everything as long as is money involved many will turn their heads to the other side.

What a shame.

new topics

top topics

join