It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Airing Hillary Clinton's Attack Ads for Free

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What's the easiest way to get a political campaign attack ad aired for free you ask?

Well one of Hillary's supporting superPACs found a unique way.

Apparently there's a gaping loophole in some election rule somewhere that allows this kind of activity.

Of course, it takes "voluntary" commitments from media stations (TV) to get there.

And by the way, it's the trollPAC "Correct the Record" behind the whole deal.

Read how they figured it out.

2 articles.....
Media Airing Hillary Clinton's Attack Ads for Free

This minute-long takedown looks like a political ad. It sounds like a political ad. But according to the pro-Hillary Clinton super PAC sponsoring it, this is not an ad. It’s simply a “Web video” — and one exempt from the kinds of public disclosures applied to paid political communications broadcast over the airwaves.

So, what’s this “Web video” doing on television?

The stinging anti-Trump attack, created by pro-Clinton hybrid super PAC Correct the Record, aired nationally numerous times this week on network news programs, including those on Fox News and CNN. It even earned “breaking news” billing on “CNN Tonight with Don Lemon,” garnering a 20-minute dissection by Lemon, chief political correspondent Dana Bash and various political pundits.

How a Pro-Hillary Clinton Super PAC Got an Ad on TV for Free

(note how Time eludes to a single ad in their title ^^^^ )

What’s notable about this anti-Trump Web video — indistinguishable in production quality from the hundreds of thousands of political ads blanketing U.S. airwaves — is that Correct the Record is getting its airtime for free via these news programs, instead of paying to air them during commercial breaks. Correct the Record therefore avoids the five-figure costs typical to reserve such an ad spot.

and just cable:

Data from the Internet Archive’s TV News Archive indicates that the anti-Trump video aired on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC a total of 18 times — without cost to Correct the Record.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So Hilary is a tricky politican that knows how to find loop holes in the rules, whodathunkit.
edit on thSun, 15 May 2016 15:12:08 -0500America/Chicago520160880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

From their website about: Correct The Record is a strategic research and rapid response team designed to defend Hillary Clinton from baseless attacks.

It also says at the bottom: "Paid For By Correct The Record. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. "

If it was a pac, I would think there would be a place on their website for me to donate money. Not that I would, but I would expect there to be a place for it. There isn't.

I don't disagree it is pro-clinton, but it seems to be a place where their content can air for free if a network wants to do it.
edit on 15-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hilary Clinton can be counted on to find the most underhanded, dirty way to get the job done. Actually, this isn't surprising that she would do this sort of thing. Criminals always find the loophole in the law.

edit on 2016/5/15 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

gaping loopholes are everywhere

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I found more. it is a pac of some sort. open secrets

It did not exist until 2016. It has raised 5.1 million and spent all but 620k.

The pac made no contributions to candidates

In the 'donors' page, there are 2 $125k donations from Goldman, John and Goldman, Marcia. I don;t know if they are part of Goldman/Sachs.

Largest donation from Priorities USA Action for 1 mil. They mainly point out that trump wants to overturn Roe V. Wade.

I do not know what conclusion to come to here. They are not a HUGE pac. I do not know that any laws have been broken.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

gaping loopholes are everywhere

It would be nice to know what loopholes and which laws. Your OP isn;t very specific. and what is a trollPAC?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Here's Correct the Record's FEC filings.

They are a PAC

CtR

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Here's Correct the Record's FEC filings.

They are a PAC

CtR

Yes, I did find that and post it. The biggest donation is from another Pac that is mainly against overturning RoeV.Wade, which they think trump will do. Realistic or not.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Article 1 has the details.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wait wait...

So you you people are blaming Hillary.. for those that support her creating online videos.. and the media airing them on their programs for free?

It says right in the article that the news outlets chose to do a story on the video.. thus airing it during their program.

This is in no way sneaky or underhanded. If a media outlet wants to do a show on a video.. then what's the problem?

Even if the specific intent of the media outlet, was to get Hillary defense ads shown for free to viewers of the program because said media outlet supports clinton.. isn't that their prerogative?

How is that any different than pretty much 90% of what fox news does?

And how does this reflect on Hilary? It's not her plotting with the media people and these organizations to do this. Those people figure that stuff out on their own.

This hillary bashing really needs to stop
edit on 15-5-2016 by Lucidparadox because: Typo

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Article 1 has the details.

Same info is in my link too.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Xuen, you are a prolific contributor, but some are just making a mountain out of a molehill.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Nothing gets on TV for free. Just because it didn't cost money doesn't mean it was free.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
electioneering is illegal isnt it?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Nothing gets on TV for free. Just because it didn't cost money doesn't mean it was free.

Nothing?

I am looking at cnn.com, much of which would be on CNN TV:

-Suspicious package at soccer match
-What is going on with Justin Bieber?
-Russian Attacks Eurovision Victory
-Marissa Mayer's secret $32 mil bet went bust
-ISIS Clains Deadly Attack on gas Plant

I know to not believe everything the MSM says, but this is totally different.

Were all those paid or to be put up? Did someone offer a favor in return?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

No. Electioneering Definition: to work for the success of a particular candidate, party, ticket, etc., in an election.

Do you mean it is illegal on Television for free during a news program, that discusses a video, why would it be?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Xuen, you are a prolific contributor, but some are just making a mountain out of a molehill.

Everything even remotely connected to Hillary starts with a molehill.

The mountains emerge from all the "dirt" produced by the deep digging.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

No. Electioneering Definition: to work for the success of a particular candidate, party, ticket, etc., in an election.

isnt that what running a ad for free can be construed as? UNLESS they also do the same for trump or sanders.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Everything even remotely connected to Hillary starts with a molehill.

The mountains emerge from all the "dirt" produced by the deep digging.

Find your mountain then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join