It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an Occultist in the House?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I practice self actualization and a process of affecting the outside world through inner focus and mastery.

This sounds a lot like the old "mind over matter" adage, which is alright by me. Affirmations can be very helpful if used properly, and all change—magical or otherwise—begins with the Self.

Very different from the ritualistic pagan traditions but I've had some fun with a celtic group and chosen a pantheon and built an astral castle(safe zone), done some dreamwork and journeying with my pantheon to get to know them.

If you allow yourself to get wrapped up in the psychodrama and suggestion of ceremonies and ritual reenactments they can be very rewarding experiences. Most of them emerge out of the black abyss where ancient history and the subconscious meet. They're made up of the same things as dreams, and that can have a very profound effect on the mind and body.

Had some fun with some demon/dragon magick, interesting that was... however i prefer the route i mentioned above.

I do very little with "demons" in the Christian sense. I'm no stranger to try and work with the demonic manifestations from my personal faith, as everything has a place and purpose within it, but I figure it's kind of rude for me to go around hitting up the refuse of world religions for so-called enlightenment. After all, you seldom go to the town fool for the wisdom of sages.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wandering Scribe

This sounds a lot like the old "mind over matter" adage, which is alright by me. Affirmations can be very helpful if used properly, and all change—magical or otherwise—begins with the Self.

Yes, mind over matter. I like to think its deeper than that. I look at thought as a process of synthesis (alchemy). Thought is also connected to soul, and emotions on another level as well its not just about thinking its about feeling.

Power in 3, the triangle of manifestation.

I Am the third part of the triangle, observation.

If you allow yourself to get wrapped up in the psychodrama and suggestion of ceremonies and ritual reenactments they can be very rewarding experiences. Most of them emerge out of the black abyss where ancient history and the subconscious meet. They're made up of the same things as dreams, and that can have a very profound effect on the mind and body.

Yeah, ive done some dragon magick rituals (which can be demon rituals but the difference is really semantic) and I've had some very successful manifestations from them. They were fun, learned a lot, was introduced very heavily into the astral world by very experienced people. They were part of an older celtic tradition. I believe Tubal Cain was at the center of the pantheon.

We did weekly hypnosis/ dream journeying to meet with the pantheon depending on what was happening in the stars would determine the god/ goddess. I would meet them and allow my mind to interact with them without suggesting anything. Based on how the archetype would act without my direction would tell me (us) where my subconscious is.

From there we would (i would) record the journey in a log and record my dreams in a dream log and start interpreting my dreams using the information learned from the journeys. Did this for six months as part of the initiation process into the (circle).

You may know what I'm talking about.

I do very little with "demons" in the Christian sense. I'm no stranger to try and work with the demonic manifestations from my personal faith, as everything has a place and purpose within it, but I figure it's kind of rude for me to go around hitting up the refuse of world religions for so-called enlightenment. After all, you seldom go to the town fool for the wisdom of sages.

At this time (above) I wasn't Christian influenced. Now however I am an alchemist with a heavy Christian based influence. The christian influence is more about the path of righteousness and the methodology used to manifest is more well, Jesusish.

The catch is that the heavy Christian influence means that the tools of manifestation are not about my own desire and will but of the will and desire of the greater intelligence or universal forces at work.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

What you need to know is that occultism is what I guess you might term an inner science, a spiritual science. Or even a set of spiritual sciences. They are sciences because they are repeatable, but by their very nature they are subjective. Generally they deal with personal experience. Practical exploration and direct experience instead of dogma.

There are many paths, many esoteric traditions to study and pursue. Read some books, take up some kind of spiritual practice if you want to. Find your way.

Things have a tendency to happen if they're meant to. There's watchers out there even if you don't notice them, maybe they have something planned for you. Let it unfold naturally if it's meant to.

Good luck to you.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Who knows.. if the path is meant for you someone will "accidentally" walk into your life in the most unexpected way.

Theres groups out there who seem to find you in ways that are coincidental.

Synchronicity plays a big roll if you know how to interpret real communication from accidental occurrences.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm already deeply involved.. though not by choice. I don't really find it attractive though.

I guess that depends on to what degree you have negative entities trying to manipulate you. In that case synchronicity is just another avenue of deception, a certain amount of synchronicity from negative entities will poison the well and put all of the other synchronicity you experience into question. I don't value it, and I don't trust it.

Even great adepts get fooled. You ever hear of anyone here on ATS that posted predictions that came true? I haven't, they're all being toyed with. They all have their subjective information they've gathered from communications. And all of it is filled with lies and disinformation that don't match up.

If you really want the truth you better prepare to dedicate your entire life to it, become a monk or a hermit. Otherwise all you'll get is pretty lies and a vague but deeply flawed understanding of the World. The worthlessness of it all is sickening. This planet is under the control of dark forces, high level spirits incarnating here should just give up, no one is making any progress. The spiritual hierarchy of the planet is doing a terrible job, but then again.. if everything was alright and there was no evil to be found, they would just instigate it themselves in the name of evolution.

F*ck their evolution..
edit on 28-5-2016 by TheLaughingGod because: Eh..

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Yes what you says makes a lot of sense to me, it is impossible to guard your unconscious against the constant barrage of subliminal messages that come with everyday life, i think that to be able to find "truth" you may be right it could have to involve taking yourself out of this goldfish bowl and heading for the hills to be at one with nature and total isolation, now this obviously isn't possible for the vast majority of us, but if we all just take some time out each day to "feel" nature around us we may be able to rise these vibration more, i dont know, but your post has made me think of all this from another angle which is good.
Cheers

edit on 29-5-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

i too also think it is about feeling, i know this, and that is what it is also about "knowing", knowing and feeling that you have things in abundance and your life is great, definitely makes good things happen for you, i know this, anytime i have had a stroke of good fortune it has happened after experiencing something positive or after i have had a good experience, this has happened many many times with me, for example, i have just found a job that basically turned up at my door unexpected and i was very excited at all the new things i could do with the extra money coming in, it was a great "feeling", then that night still buzzing from my good news during the day, i played a tourney at poker with 250 entrants and won it, the cards were falling for me like magic, and i knew why it was happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join