It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an Occultist in the House?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Like others have said, meditation is key. Really, if you can master that everything starts opening up to you. I can say without a doubt the best thing I did on my spiritual path was master Astral Projection (best book on the subject in my opinion is Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics, you'll probably be able to find a cheap second hand copy of that online to try it out).

I've spent years practising Wicca, various branches of paganism and everything inbetween, but I think very often occult/magic explanations and guides are over complicated and I've sort of ditched it all now for a simplified hodge podge of everything I've researched and what ever feels right. There is a lot of wisdom in many texts of course, but I think it boils down to your intent - what you think about happens, simple as - but you have to really know what you're feeling whilst your thinking or else you can't be sure what you'll get - and feelings are a lot more complex than we assume.

So my suggestion is really spend time meditating, use candles (to bring you out of 'normality' to help you focus) and practice astral projection (but don't skip the protection steps of any guides you'll find, I've experienced negative side effects of rushing in unprepared). I'm always happy to chat about all things astral if you fancy.

A friend pointed me in the direction of 'Initiation Into Hermetics' by Franz Bardon a little while ago and that stuff is pretty deep - I think it's a natural next step for me personally, might be worth having a look yourself?

A meditation I'm really fond of (I received it during a meditation too) was to imagine yourself as a tree.

Sit down, close your eyes and concentrate on your breathing until you feel ready to visualise. Imagine then your torso (as a tree trunk) growing up and up, out from your roof, up through the clouds, high up through space until you're in the 'heavens' where your branches reach out, your leaves grow and turn a rich green (whatever 'heavens' means for you - the idea is to feel that your branches are in a place of peace and positivity, open to higher knowledge from a place with your best interest at heart) Imagine all the bright white light soaking into your leaves and zooming down your body (tree trunk) through space, through our atmosphere, back through your roof down to your feet. But you don't stop there, you imagine your feet extending down, through your floorboards, through the earth, deep deep down and expanding as vast, thick roots accross the depths of earth, soaking up all of the wisdom the earth holds.

Spend a whole load of time on this and get to a point where you can really feel the warmth of the 'heaven's light running through you, and the old wisdom of the earth anchoring you safely. Work on making the visuals as detailed as you can, the colours and texures of you as a tree and of all the stages of your surroundings as you reach up into that heavinly space, really make it real for yourself each time you practise it.

edit on 15-5-2016 by Lumi309 because: adding a meditation

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumi309

thanks,
i got a free pdf of that book,
i have quite a few things to go over now,
i am going to read some more about astral projection.
and will no doubt have more questions.
cheers.

files.meetup.com...
edit on 15-5-2016 by Davg80 because: added link

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

As a former occultist, I will give you a few links that should help you enlighten yourself some more.

As always, what you choose to do with your knowledge is up to you but I would suggest you stick to "white magick" as it shouldn't disrupt your life very much.

As tempting as it is to want to have spiritual power, it will not end well if you make deals with the wrong entities.

Here are the links:

www.sacred-texts.com... (the secret teachings of all ages-Manly P. Hall)

hermetic.com... (transcendental magick-Eliphas Levi)

I would highly recommend you use the second link only as reading material, as it can get somewhat advanced for someone who has never practiced before.

www.gnosis.org... (the corpus hermeticum)

A few of these deal with a figure known has Hermes trismegistus, whom I studied a lot during my foray into the occult.

These are pretty basic and I took it to another level entirely but I had to stop for my own sanity as you can't often prove to someone else what is happening to you without them attempting to put you in a mental institution.

Good luck on your journey, and don't go so far that you can't find your way back.

edit on 15-5-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

now that story has a hidden meaning

if your looking for bread crumbs

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Here's a few things that I learned when dabbling with this stuff (I don't do a lot of it now).

1. All rituals or methods are about focusing power - In the non-fiction genre, a wand, staff, sword, dagger, special wand with a butterfly at the end, etc, are all abound concentrating energy to a focal point to achieve a certain goal.

When you make a circle of protection around yourself, you are charging that circle with your intent to be protected (I don't think the effect would work if you told yourself "this circle will let all entities get to me" while making it. When you charge a sigil or create a symbol for your intent, you are always told to say what you want.

2. In regards to the above - Don't mess with the ancient grimiores (such as the Solomon pentacles/angel-demon signs) unless you have the discipline to use them. I'm saying this only because:
A. I have, and had some of the...karma, came back on be due to not being specific with my intent.
B. Some things should just be left alone.

The scary part is that this can become addicting and overwhelming to even the person that has the best intentions. You start to want to use these things more than once, and in my theory these are worse than something you can create because many other people have used them before (so, the signs already have a collective energy to them).

3. In terms of realness - I can only say what you observed is what is real.

4. Keep your intentions benign in all that you do. For example, at one point in my teen years, I attempted to get a girl through something I read in an occult book at the time (yep, I had sunk that low). All the book said was I had to create the symbol, and keep it on me. Well, I did...and a couple days later she broke it off with her boyfriend for seemingly no reason. I actually felt so bad after that I pitched and deleted everything I had collected at that point (gigs worth of data on my computer).

There's a reason many of the older texts call for a cleansing period before and after the sessions: So that you go in thinking rationally as opposed to being like my younger, irrational self.

5. It goes without saying, but don't think or assume your results will look anything like the comics, books, movies or games portray. I give this because I casually will help out with a website devoted to younger psychics, and it's come up quite a few times where someone believes that they can do something such as ride on a ball made of air, or shoot fire from their hands ala X-Men. If you do a "spell", you may never see any sign it is working. If you raise a ghost, you might not even know they are there. And my favorite: If you use an Ouija, something will always happen (I've dared spirits, left the planchette on the board, kept it in my bedroom closet, and even threw it out - Nothing happened).

-fossilera

PS: I'm always interested in chatting about this stuff behind the scenes as well - so don't be afraid to toss me a PM to ask about something specific.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

well it depends on the perspective, don't it?

if one has any egoistic desires or other vices, than this practices are not advised in my opinion as they will only deepen these.

So purification of mind and body is very advised and maybe even the basic - detachment of ego clinging. They teach that in all eastern religions...

if one is pure and only wants to know the truth of real nature, and have motivation of being a buddha or something similar - altruistic attitude for all beings, than there should be no problems...

And as far as discussions with other goes.
Less you do it, better will be the results and better your own state of mind. others will only invite doubts and fears in your own mind. Talking about this stuff or experiences "to uninitiated" is just egoistic clinging of some sort in my opinion.

first get back pure mind and body as we all had it,
when we were very young kids,
if a practitioner is pure and altruistic than there is nothing to worry about in my opinion.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sounds like you want to escape the robotic, routine, row the boat, tow the line business and that the tow turn it into a toe and wipe that line away.

Youve already done that, by opening to the possibility, being mired in a world of duality as a very kind person said meditate see the very conceptual programming stream before adding more conceptual programming. Those stuck in duality only know light or dark... so of course such light and dark concepts pervade the entire system of it.

The reason you already entered is because you are entralled another word for intrest but with curiosity attached. Other prefix words before such becomes a fixation, entranced, enchanted, encanted, entrance... drop that prefix of en which basically mean IN and you know youve already stepped in it. Of course there will be some directional pull to your character towards light or darkness... so you must ask yourself what it is you are looking for, happiness, peace, or power... or just random objective study of a not so well known topic from which youre stepping from? If you make it a subject stay objective or else you will become subjected, or a slave to concepts and beliefs and basically be no different tan before but youve broadened your horizons by letting the sun set on the old robotic rote graspings for something a little more exciting and interesting... dont think rabbit hole as that means youre wanting to decend and thats your purity going with it beyond, hot topic and goth music and watching horror flicks but that of course is more a cry for help in religiously oppressive holdholds of teens having some angsty rebelion because their parents arent interested in communicating just dictating and looking for an identity as far away from them as possible.

Ok no one in that side of dipping down is interested in that twilight saga business except older people looking at it like a harelquin romance novel. The actual hole is of course dark magic groups satanism etc. that say we will teach you to be a self impowered hateful SOB so you can control and subjugate others... but drop the EN prefix off your current entrallment and youll become a trall or slave or servant of those leading you around by the nose, no different tan the light path business in all honesty just different names and dualistic concepts playing make believe for power control etc over other people...

So its basically a lifestyle choice youre making... if you want to dive deep or soar high then there immersion, conversion, perversion, inversion, well you get the idea living it eating it breathing it crapping it. Something so called hipsters have no interest in... lets gloss over it and perpetrait the scene cause theyve some sexual attraction fixation on the women that attend such events... the darkside sorts like the whores and sometimes innocent, while the really darkside sorts like to play masquerade in churches to do that same thing... but one one is really innocent because people hide intentions on both sides as the a typical and go woo woo or say stay away from woo woo.

The balance will come from meditating and see what sort of stuff you need to clear out of your closets in the way of conceptual programming that are hindering your wellbeing or simply making you bored of your routine... to seek something with a little more bite to it. Thhe only one dragging oneself around by the nose sould be you... tame your own bull instead of fighting others bull cause as said it just a huge pile of conceptual $h!t. Yes of course concepts have a real effect in the world but only when compounded and in mass. Better to be a lone wolf in such things and as the same kind person pointed? You or intuition or basically question yourself, like the 3rd degree... some thing people never ever seem to do and yet call that living in the moment... think it do it basically, tat only leads to impulse control issues and drives one deep into the pit of insanity hard to escape from, but hey youll be couched and medicated and studied to find out where and when the programming error occured.

So hey it is what it is, and since its your life make it about what youre passionate about... curiosity killed the cat and its the one with nine lives... unless you tame that bull ride it home leave it be find no self nor bull and realize youve had thousands of lives.

This has no delusional red or blue pill connotations I assure you... there is no catch 22 swallow both so there is no dual nature and the full purple lotus will blossom into release... but of course that means constant practice for as long as it takes to learn and detach... adding more crap on top doesnt help clean a toilet already over flowing.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

There's sense to that opinion. Perceptions are limited, so one must take that leap of faith. It's not as taboo as you would think, actually. However, exercise caution otherwise you'll end up over your head. Try not to do something impulsive or just for curiosity otherwise you will deeply regret it. Seek, and you will find. Be careful what you wish for--when you end up getting it, you will have nobody to blame besides yourself. Fair warning. Do whatever you want, but since I saw what you said, I felt compelled to say something. I don't think it is wise to go seeking out evil. Because you're not going to end up liking what you find. Don't be fooled. You should be content in reading about others' experiences. If you really want your own, I'm sorry but there's something wrong with you. Count yourself as lucky and leave it at that. Go find something positive to make you feel better about yourself. This kind of thing isn't going to validate you. You're not going to find the answers that you seek through playing with the occult. Yes, it's real. So is God. There's a war between good and evil going on. If you mess around with fire, you're going to get burned. So get ready for that, I guess. Mark my words, if you decide to do this to broaden your horizons, all you're going to end up doing is making things difficult for yourself. People go nuts if they aren't protected. This isn't a game. Want to broaden your horizons and open your mind? Go listen to Terence McKenna's speeches. You'll get plenty of mind-expansion. Do the smart thing. Use your brain.

edit on 16-5-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Laying of hands/Reiki might be a tool you want to learn if you are into calming other souls bodies by touch.

If you pursue it and learn it, make all ways sure you are focused on what is good for the soul in that body and allow the other soul to know what is going on logically also so they can say no. You know the usual stuff, follow the golden rule on all levels so that you do not creating a mirror backlash.

Have fun

If you are interested in how it is manifested in 3D+1T from a scientific point of view and want to gain insight I would recommend thinking/meditating on the Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser Experiment.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

thanks for your input, but minds dont come much stronger than mine, i could write a book about what ive been through, and always getting stronger from each and every experience, i have already created my future with positive thinking, i was in the army for 9 months cause i needed to punish my self for doing something real bad that i got away with but my friends didnt, i passed (12weeks)basic training easily in the army and went to my unit, i signed up for four years and left after another 6 months because the lied to me, they told me i had signed on for four years i couldnt leave, i said i could and nothing is gonna make me stay. you see i have always been someone who stuck up for thereselfes, and fights have got me into a lot of trouble not to mention metal plates in my head and jaw, i joined the army to stop the fighting and to punish myself, then my friends got out of prison for something i started which was originally done to protect a girl, and i got out the army, i have loads of experiences to draw from and i have learned from all my mistakes (eventually), im fit healthy, and a mature student doing a degree in psychology. i dont understand how you can make the decision that i cannott or shouldnt follow this path, when you barely know me, but thanks anyway, an old version of me would have been lees polite nonetheless.
Regards.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

thanks for the links, and the advice.
im just gonna be reading for the moment,
then when i think im ready i will try the method that feels right.

Regards.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

insightful stuff, i call my self a lone wolf to my wife now and again lol. because i used to have loads of friends but since i turned 30 (im36) i turned my back on them and started trying to get myself a degree in psychology, i have had a few years out of uni having a wee boy with my new wife and such, but now im going back to uni in september(3rd year). the reason i am sayin this is the reason i wanted to do psychology was because i had been reading about CJ Jung, who was into meditating and having spirits around his house for 3 years while he was trying to delve into the unconscious, im not deciding to do this on a whim, i have been taking baby steps my whole life in this matter, and now i yearn to learn more.

thanks for your post
Regards.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

even though you say the law of one may well be a load of bollocks, it doesnt stop a lot of it from ringing true with me, and i go with my gut, or my intuition, i always have and always will,
regards.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

There's sense to that opinion. Perceptions are limited, so one must take that leap of faith. It's not as taboo as you would think, actually. However, exercise caution otherwise you'll end up over your head. Try not to do something impulsive or just for curiosity otherwise you will deeply regret it. Seek, and you will find. Be careful what you wish for--when you end up getting it, you will have nobody to blame besides yourself. Fair warning. Do whatever you want, but since I saw what you said, I felt compelled to say something. I don't think it is wise to go seeking out evil. Because you're not going to end up liking what you find. Don't be fooled. You should be content in reading about others' experiences. If you really want your own, I'm sorry but there's something wrong with you. Count yourself as lucky and leave it at that. Go find something positive to make you feel better about yourself. This kind of thing isn't going to validate you. You're not going to find the answers that you seek through playing with the occult. Yes, it's real. So is God. There's a war between good and evil going on. If you mess around with fire, you're going to get burned. So get ready for that, I guess. Mark my words, if you decide to do this to broaden your horizons, all you're going to end up doing is making things difficult for yourself. People go nuts if they aren't protected. This isn't a game. Want to broaden your horizons and open your mind? Go listen to Terence McKenna's speeches. You'll get plenty of mind-expansion. Do the smart thing. Use your brain.

Star for you my friend

What great advice.

Where are all those occultists today? Where have they gone? For the most part dead, those living..... in some type of mental institution as a live-in or out patient..... popping pills like Tic TAC

There is no such thing as white magic...... it is all dark.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

How about neutral magic that is either light or dark depending on the person harnessing it? That's my personal thought regard magic's 'colour' anyway.
You can use a flame to light a candle or burn a house down, it's your choice.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

'the occult'

That is a bit general isn't it ?

You need to be more specific.

Usually, when a person is ready, the spiritual world will convey information / advice via dreams.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

the reason for the generic question is because i know little on the subject, and anything i do read has a load of warnings and things not to do in regards to having an OBE or astral projection. so i have posted on here to get some more intel on the subject before i proceed further. i have been saying affirmations now for about 10 years, "i am whole, perfect, strong , powerful, loving, harmonious and happy. being the one i say most often, from a book called the master key system.
i have also looked into meditation and have a few books on eastern practices, like "the secret of the golden flower" and "tai chi chuan and meditation" and a few others like the I-ching for example, so i have always been interested in these sort of things.
Regards.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
as you can see, there are a lot of different opinions like day and night. Each of them wrong and right at the same time, for different people...

Just goes to show that listening to others will just confuse you more than not.

Listen to your heart,
it knows what is best for you,
intuition is your mistress
who will lead you where you need to be,
if you let it, free!

Oh and also I remembered another great mystic.
Check out the poetry of Rumi, for me the best poetry there is...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

How many people do you know who are like that ?

I once thought of myself as pure but I was in for a rude awakening when I let my ego take over.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Occultism is supposed mastery of the dark arts.

There has never been a true sorcerer or spiritual medium, magus, or anyone that could summon demons.

Most of occult knowledge is about mythology and the real meaning of it. Symbolism, numerology, astrology have no occult power although much deception can be achieved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join