It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an Occultist in the House?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi all, i have been reading through the Law of One material, and i was very interested with what was being said about occult teachings and in particular the Order of the Golden Dawn, now i know next to nothing about white magic and such like things. i have always been interested in the Occult and been curious to see what was real or not. but i would never do the ouija board or anything, because i know so little about it (and it never works well for the novice in the movies lol), now when you look into this stuff via google, you are met with an array of information or disinformation (i dont know!). So im putting a flag up here to see if we have any people on ATS, who can give me some knowledge about the occult, or if you can even point me in the right direction.
Knowledge is power and all that!

Thanks, Dave.
edit on 15-5-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Very sneaky... I get it, a test... You could never hide yourself from a true Occultist. A keen eye sees past what is obscured by the darkness....

Umm no occultist can be found here. Nothing here but us chickens...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

lol, wee accident there buddy.
got what i wanted to say out eventually.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm no "occultist", but for what it's worth, I wouldn't put too much stock in any of the Law Of One crap: It's 20th century fiction.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

you should start with mastering your mind!
that is most important for any true occultist - meditation!

start slow, baby steps before running full speed and you should be fine,
learn to trust your intuition and dive in the rabbit hole.

oh and also...
what goes around comes around.
So do not try to do harm or any other silly things to other beings,
because it is NOT worth it.

what ever you end up doing, you should have positive intentions and emotions.

and also, there are no good shortcuts, but they can be a lot of fun...
It is ok to experiments with certain natural drugs,
but don't abuse any substance.

there are a lot of different ways and things you can try and have fun with,
so instead of we pointing you to something,
you should by intuition feel what is good for your current mindset and develop.

you can start with whatever is amusing for you right now.

oh yeah...
law of one may be interesting, but there are far more authentic books out there waiting for you to discover.

imho.
edit on 1463342915508May085083116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I have a secret curry recipe. Does that count?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I don't hide anything. You cant nowadays in an ashkeNAZI Police State

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

the majority of the people on this planet follow Religions that are Fiction by definition, i dont find a problem with following fiction as long as it resonates with you, i for one have lived my life by believing the things that i have first hand experience in and by having an open mind about everything else. But im at the stage now (36) where i feel i need to broaden my horizons and to seek out some more experiences that i can verify personally, instead of taking others words on certain matters. The occult is still such a taboo subject, yet all i see are subliminal messages of occult teachings here there and everywhere in the media, so i a want to jump down that hole and hunt that rabbit.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Thanks Unifinity,
have you any meditation techniques, or mantras that i should use, i have tried meditation before when i was 15, i read a book on the occult and tried to have an OBE through meditation, but i will be honest, i felt like it was happening but i got scared so never done it again.
also what books do you recommend, pm if you like
Cheers

link   

Within many religions you have exo and eso teric parts.

Focus on the eso, if you are interested into occult and not exo which is mainstream.

esoteric teachings are very valuable and where the juice is, in my opinion.
edit on 1463344049527May275273116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

link   

...i a want to jump down that hole and hunt that rabbit.

You really are on your own.

What's your favorite myth?

Mine is Cupid and Psyche.

edit on 15-5-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LostThePlot

i tried to make chinese takeaway curry once,it tasted rotten, (too much cumin i think lol). so i would love your secret curry recipe, but im guessing you aint gonna share that "secret" curry recipe are you, lol.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Favourite Myth........ hmmmmmm
the bible has so many to choose from, but im gonna go with the mothman prophecies, loved that book. (movie was rubbish tho.)
whats yours bybots?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Are you sure you want to hunt a rabbit down its hole..? Start with a small rabbit..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

nice,
it can be scary the first time, it was for me also,
but that didn't stop me, it was just the opposite for me,
but I was a bit older and very motivated
...and still am...
: )

as far as books go, just try to google famous saints, yogis in any religion you feel like and read a book written directly by them, this is how I started my journey of discovery.

research true masters who are famous for their good deeds to all beings, miracles and had successful students.
to name just a few:
ramana maharshi, milarepa, Siddharameshwar Maharaj, lao tzu,...

also here is a good page:
www.theself.com

here you have part of esoteric, which is similar in many religions
Here you can also find masters and books, to get you started...

good luck with your self-discovery!
edit on 1463345958559May595593116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

whats yours bybots?

Please see above.

im gonna go with the mothman prophecies

Do you have a favorite ancient myth?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
Hi all, i have been reading through the Law of One material, and i was very interested with what was being said about occult teachings and in particular the Order of the Golden Dawn, now i know next to nothing about white magic and such like things. i have always been interested in the Occult and been curious to see what was real or not. but i would never do the ouija board or anything, because i know so little about it (and it never works well for the novice in the movies lol), now when you look into this stuff via google, you are met with an array of information or disinformation (i dont know!). So im putting a flag up here to see if we have any people on ATS, who can give me some knowledge about the occult, or if you can even point me in the right direction.
Knowledge is power and all that!

Thanks, Dave.

Hardly any of the "occult" is actually hidden these days. They only call it the occult for effect.

Most magic is deception, even the top practicioners would agree.

Think logically about how magic is supposed to work. How could some words or movements affect a disconnected physical reality? It can't really, but your attitudes and beliefs can color the way you perceive a complex and chaotic world, and so you come to believe that you have affected things through your actions.

I do believe there are spiritual forces which may, possibly, do our will (but only if it fits their agenda, whatever that may be), but toying with them is like a mouse baiting a cat. It isn't going to end well.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

excellent...Thanks!
saved theself to my bookmarks, and it is in line with my way of thinking so it resonates. (which is important to me)
i have been saying affirmations for years and believing that i am part of a whole (consciousness) like we all are.
i was also looking into morning glory seeds as a way of experiencing different realities, but small steps first and im looking
forward to what i can find out.
Regards

had to google pranayama lol.
yes i think i know how to do it
breathe in through your nose with your tongue on the roof of your mouth, then breathe out through mouth making a sahhhh sound.
concentrating on your breathing starting from filling your stomach onto filling up your chest from breathing in, i read this from a book
called "the secret of the golden flower". and have tried it to help relax before sleeping most nights if im restless.
edit on 15-5-2016 by Davg80 because: amended

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

yes my favourite one is the one that i always remember, about Icarus and he flew to close to the sun and his wings caught fire, lol.
you trying to tell me something inadvertently.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

hey, no problem,
I am happy you are interested into the true nature of reality.
There are so many experiences good and bad you can have during meditation, it is a whole new world before you...
just learn perseverance and don't give up with regular daily meditation.

Never leave mediation out of your practice.
Personal experiences are the most important part, not books or external things.

also I forgot to mention about mantras and techniques. Both can be very useful but very deceiving also.
Just keep it simple and do not get lost to much with about "the how's" so much as just relax and practice just to BE.

This is core. Just be. without any effort, without doing, without expectation.
"learn" that and you will open up the pandora's box,
but some context of how reality is, should be understood and
I think you are on the right track or so it seems from your posts in this thread.
: )

oh and at the beginning of meditation it is beneficial if you do some correct simple pranayama.

all my posts are just an opinion,
and maybe you will find it otherwise along your path,
just don't stop learning, we each have different lessons to get through,
this is where intuition will help you.

haha... sorry for messing my posts and pasting a few parts in this one...
yes this is one method of pranayama.
If it feels good and it relaxes you, then this is great and it should also help in meditation.
edit on 1463348100535May355353116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join