It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KPB's Friendly Chat about Jacques Vallee, "The Control Loop" and other Pseudo-science

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I've not gone through the thread yet because you've inspired me to put down the Reich book and re-read Confrontations.
Its hard to remember books you read years ago but its worthwhile if you can find the time.
I also managed to squeeze in a slim volume by the pilots of the Argosy that was involved in the Kaikoura sightings.
That one wasnt very enlightening but interesting all the same.
I wanted to get a better idea of their descriptions of the beams shining down from the lights.
They described them as....guess what?..."beams shining down from the lights", some of which were reflected back slightly by the ocean.
Heyho.

I'm sure you're also aware that I'm still stumbling around that dark forest bumping into trees (occasionally falling in the odd ditch, too) and remaining somewhat lost.

Anyway, back to Jacques.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Have you organized your thoughts on this topic yet? It's been a while since I've heard from you.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
what is a good cosmic parasite cleanse?

dmt?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Naw. '___' would let you see "things" sometimes.

Did you know that the Mitocondria in our cells evolved from parasites?

www.sciencealert.com...

Kev

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: dashen

Naw. '___' would let you see "things" sometimes.

Did you know that the Mitocondria in our cells evolved from parasites?

www.sciencealert.com...

Kev

if they are beneficial i believe they are called symbionts

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I do apologise. Re-read the book, then David Marlers Triangle UFOs then got sidetracked by music, family etc.
My thoughts are currently as fluid as ever on the subject and of no practical use whatsoever.

I've seen your new thread but darent start it just yet.
Sorry for the disappointing response but my time and inspiration are in short supply I'm afraid.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Life happens!

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Wow, what a fantastic, thought provoking thread! (Par for the course with KPB)

I recently dove deep into some of Vallee's work for the first time. I devoured Messengers, Magonia, Invisible College, Forbidden Science Vol 1 and intend to read all his other books on "The Phenomena".

Dr Vallee is clearly a brilliant and well rounded scientist, researcher, writer and human being. He is a true renaissance man with many various interests. His literary mind is just as impressive as his scientific mind. His personal journal entries are not just notes- its philosophy, philanthropy, and science with an elegant, poetic prose.

Reading this thread, I'm inspired to ask questions and share some thoughts about the "control loop". First, I must consolidate some of these ideas in my head and attempt to lay them out in a concise, efficient manner. Hopefully, this thread hasn't run its course yet.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I recall reading a Vallee quote somewhere where he suggested running a "test" of the control loop. It was a somewhat vague proposal that my simple brain doesn't fully comprehend. Something about tinkering with the "input" in order to observe how that affects the "feedback".

I would like to discuss this concept and what you fine folks might think he could be referring to, specifically. How do you suppose one manipulates this "feedback loop?" Is Vallee suggesting we humans are responsible for what goes into the loop and that we must change our consciousness, thinking, behavior, etc? Could this be done by creating new myths, memes and folklore to enter the loop and studying the feedback? Is this an attempt to prove that our minds control this phenomena?

Or perhaps was he speaking of a more "hands on" esoteric or occult type of thing. I'm not experienced in these areas but could he have been suggesting the use of "magic?" Maybe find a wise "magician" to cast a magic monkey wrench into the gears of the control loop?

I also recall another Vallee quote regarding this control loop, which I found intriguing. He said he hesitates to be too specific about the details and he regrettably must speak in vague terms and understatements. Things that make you go hmm. Anyone have any thoughts, ideas or comments on Jacques idea to fudge with this control loop? I wonder if he or his colleagues have ran any of these "tests" and what their conclusions are.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

That's not hard actually, the same effect as if you buy a red car you start seeing red cars everywhere. Or noticing only red cars, because they have always been the same red/other cars proportion.

That's why this feedback loop experiment was flawed from the start.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, so please forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you.

For this feedback loop, I imagine a scenario where our consciousness is steered a certain way with memes, myths and disinformation. Years later, study the feedback for changes and anomalies to observe any possible correlation between human consciousness and "the phenomena". Am I in the ballpark or completely missing the boat here?

I'm not quite following you when you say this experiment was flawed from the start. I'm interested to hear more if you'd care to elaborate. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

My interpretation of a story about biased interpretation of data? Jk.

As I took what he and others said about the control loop, it's much bigger than what you describe. The hidden hand in a cloaking device an entire simulated environment maybe even. That magnitude.

The experiment was a single dip with the toe into the flow. It was bound to fail because it wasn't brave enough.
If I shift my focus I start seeing different things. To quantify that data with all the unknown possibilities is next to impossible. If you imagine the "intellectual, spiritual, mental, artistical, imaginary..." reality of many people. There you start your calculation with 7,4 billion. For each one are story lines laid out, with decision cross roads, more than one, like I don't know, in what frequence you make life influencing decisions? It gets a lot if you start thinking about it. Billions at least per 7,4 billions folders. That's an insane game of chance. Or you use attachments, record devices, so you can just access where you want to interfere and then look through the records. Much more efficient.
Which is the equivalent of me saying, the very thing you know nothing about other than it to deceive and mislead you to hide it's identity, will know you want proof. What would you command, if you're the Queen hidden behind the curtain? Exactly, "just ignore it".

Add: even in a best case scenario he only would have found out what he already knows.

edit on 5-12-2016 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 5-12-2016 by Peeple because: Wrong

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Do you still come to ATS Kev?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here's an update from Bigelow, one of Vallee's buddies,

Source:www.coasttocoastam.com...

Asked by interviewer Lara Logan if he believed in aliens, Bigelow replied confidently, "I'm absolutely convinced. That's all there is to it."

Regarding UFOs coming to Earth, Bigelow opined that "there has been and is an existing presence, an ET presence."

Although he didn't explain what his investment yielded as far as answers, Bigelow noted that "I spent millions and millions and millions -- I probably spent more as an individual than anybody else in the United States has ever spent on this subject."

And, in a refreshing answer to the question of whether he worries about how the public might respond to his take on UFOs, Bigelow simply said, "I don't give a damn. I don't care."

Pressed for a reason why, he mused, "It's not gonna make a difference. It's not gonna change reality of what I know."

Unfortunately, the segment stopped short of exploring what exactly Bigelow knows that makes him so certain about the phenomenon, he went on to assert that humans do not have to travel into space to encounter ETs.

"You don't have to go anywhere," he declared, "it's just like right under people's noses."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join