It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classified went sent..Hillarys email drama

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

When they got their hands on the server, I would agree...for the purposes of the investigation.

for the purposes of the Criminal investigation

corrected for realism and accuracy.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

When they got their hands on the server, I would agree...for the purposes of the investigation.

for the purposes of the Criminal investigation

corrected for realism and accuracy.

Ok, so then you agree.

Cool.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

No reason to continue arguing the point when you've said my point is "fine."

Childish.

Clearly, the U.S. government has authority over the information, not the Clinton Foundation.

It was your "fine" that was childish. It deserved my response.

Also, the information in the Blumenthal/CF email you cited was redacted for these reasons:

(b)(1) Information specifically authorized by an executive order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or foreign policy. Executive Order 13526 includes the following classification categories:

1.4 (b)  Foreign government information
1.4 (d)  Foreign relations or foreign activities of the United States, including confidential sources

PDF (See citations at the top)

Clearly, the information was under the authority of the U.S. government for purposes of national defense and/or foreign policy and NOT because it is information gathered for an FBI investigation.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well folks, there you have it.

Hillary was only Secretary of State when she felt like it. If she wanted to be regular old doddering Grandma Clinton, all she had to do was take off her Secretary of State hat and put on her granny hat and then she could send Top Secret emails without breaking any rules.
Yep, that is just how stupid the argument is. Probably sounds kosher to a doddering old grandma.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Well folks, there you have it.

Hillary was only Secretary of State when she felt like it. If she wanted to be regular old doddering Grandma Clinton, all she had to do was take off her Secretary of State hat and put on her granny hat and then she could send Top Secret emails without breaking any rules.
Yep, that is just how stupid the argument is. Probably sounds kosher to a doddering old grandma.

That is exactly what he is trying to say......... won't wash with the FBI

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The emails in question were not previously classified as far as I know.

They were, and some were Top Secret.

two held data that were top-secret — the highest classification.

Mr. McCullough went further. The top-secret information was labeled “SI,” which is intelligence community parlance for “special intelligence.” Special intelligence is intercepted communications from foreign targets.

In addition, the intercept came from code word “talent keyhole,” (TK), which stands for the nation’s military satellites and their production of classified imagery and intercepted communications.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Can you provide proof that the Blumenthal emails contained information that was classified previously and that Blumenthal used those sources in the email?

23 of them, some she sent to Blumenthal.

dailycaller.com...

The email designated with a TK classification contained an article from a public news source.

That is not what I have read, in fact have read nothing of the sort.

www.foxnews.com...

In any case, even if that were true, that does not negate her illegal actions.

edit on 16-5-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Another question for anyone who knows the answer:

Since Bill and Hillary Clinton were using the same server, the one in their bathroom closet connected to their family foundation, would Bill, as an ex-president with high security clearance, be in trouble if he were accessing Hillary's government communications in order to "network" and pad the pockets of his foundation?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Another question for anyone who knows the answer:

Since Bill and Hillary Clinton were using the same server, the one in their bathroom closet connected to their family foundation, would Bill, as an ex-president with high security clearance, be in trouble if he were accessing Hillary's government communications in order to "network" and pad the pockets of his foundation?

Yes.

The server wasn't in Hillarys bathroom...that was at the data center at Platt River so what ever their name was.

Just because Bill Clinton is a former president and holds an active clearance, he still requires the need to know before he is given access to classified information. Hillary Clinton would not be the person to make that determination.

Somewhere they were talking like close to 30 total email accounts on that server.... Hillarys dog had an email account.
edit on R092016-05-16T19:09:56-05:00k095Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R102016-05-16T19:10:11-05:00k105Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Thanks, Rick. What was in the bathroom closet we have been told about if not the server?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Best I remember, she transferred the server to a small company to handle after she was SoS... it was reported that they kept it in an upstairs bathroom because of lack of space if I am not mistaken.

edit on R112016-05-16T19:11:55-05:00k115Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You know, I keep forgetting about that.

What do you think the geeks at Platt River thought when the FBI showed up with their squad? It would have been an entire cyber forensic team, wouldn't it?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

None of that proves they were previously classified, before Blumenthal sent the info.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

None of that proves they were previously classified, before Blumenthal sent the info.

Sure it was.

He stripped off the class heading too.

Just like she did.

All pre-arranged and agreed to.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sure it was.

He stripped off the class heading too.

Just like she did.

All pre-arranged and agreed to.

You're just trolling your own people, making a mockery out of them.

Bet they will love you for it.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

those employees knew something was up... one of them emailed another about clinton reducing the time emails stayed on the server before being deleted..I believe they set it down to every 30 days a couple of months before she gave it to the FBI

One employee emailed another saying he thought some shady crap was going on.

And that reminds me of another important point... if Hillarys server was set to delete emails automatically after a certain time frame, How on earth claim that the emails were gone through before being deleted? Another lie to add to the scoreboard.

edit on R362016-05-16T19:36:26-05:00k365Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Let me ask something, if I may.

Let's say you have a bit of intel: a note about x meeting y at location z to discuss plan omega on a specific date.

Now individually x, y, and z might be public figures, and an innocuous place thus nothing necessarily classified about them meeting.

But when you add the information about project omega and the date it is being discussed, you cross over into highly classified information territory.

At what point would such a note be considered classified?

When an OCA looks at it, categorizes it, and (if doing their job properly) marks it accordingly?

Or is the information classified whether or not an OCA ever sees it?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I guess that's why Blumenthal was in a closed session for the Congressional hearings.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

You know, I keep forgetting about that.

What do you think the geeks at Platt River thought when the FBI showed up with their squad? It would have been an entire cyber forensic team, wouldn't it?

jAc...remember your thread the other day where we discussed "hot" data and "Google drives"?

So...what is "hot" data?

Hot data is data that needs to be accessed frequently. It is typically business-critical information that needs to be accessed quickly and is often used by a company for quick decision making.

Hot data usually resides on the fastest storage -- typically flash in hybrid or tiered storage environments.

Some was hidden in Google drives?!!!! Really?!!! I knew this administration is super cozy with Google, but....

Another question:

Has Bill Clinton's personal computer been seized or examined by the FBI to determine if State/govt. info was ever downloaded off of a thumb drive onto his foundation computer?

I remember last year he claimed he never used emails. Oops! Hillary then talked about her personal email communications with Bill. Okay, then, someone is lying or Bill has email somewhere under some user name.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Or is the information classified whether or not an OCA ever sees it?

Bingo... classified data that has not been marked by an original classification authority is deemed to be unmarked classified restricted data up to that point. In Hillarys case, since she was the OCA, and failed to properly mark it, it would be considered unmarked classified information.

edit on R392016-05-16T19:39:59-05:00k395Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R412016-05-16T19:41:55-05:00k415Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

But when you add the information about project omega and the date it is being discussed, you cross over into highly classified information territory. At what point would such a note be considered classified?

Was project omega already classified by the government? If the note contained information already classified by the government, it already went through the hands of an OCA. As you indicated in this statement:

But when you add the information about project omega and the date it is being discussed, you cross over into highly classified information territory.

You cannot cross over in to highly classified territory unless the government had already classified it. Otherwise, an OCA will do so when they get their hands on it...if it applies to the rules under EO 13526.

Also, is project omega information "owned by, produced by or for, or is under the control of the United States Government"?

(Your example is not really applicable to this situation, but I will play along. In fact, I have a much better analogy that I have used before.)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join