It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classified went sent..Hillarys email drama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: MotherMayEye

introvert is playing word games and being quite cagey, reminiscent of an attorney.

The same players every time a Hillary topic appears. Same strategies employed. As if they are trying to flood the OP and dilute the strength of the topic and to those who review the thread.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hillary and her defenders like to use the phrase over classification run amok... that's funny....

A Sept. 30, 2013 DoD evaluation of over classification of National Security Information found that over classification was not a serious problem, mostly affecting the dissemination controls rather than anything else:

www.dodig.mil...

We also concluded that some policies, procedures, rules, regulations or management practices may be contributing to persistent misclassification of material. While we did find some instances of over- classification, we do not believe that those instances concealed violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error; prevented embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency; restrained competition; or prevented or delayed the release of information not requiring protection in the interest of national security. However, we did find several instances where the inaccurate use of dissemination control and handling markings could unnecessarily restrict information sharing

edit on R472016-05-15T19:47:16-05:00k475Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

Looks like she is running extremely thin on ways to rationalize her dilemma

I found that while looking for something else, but it is relevant. It's amazing what you can learn with only a 100 hours of research involved....lol

edit on R112016-05-15T20:11:28-05:00k115Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I would like to know how she is claiming attorney-client privileges.

Somehow that doesn't seem quite right... might be legal... but it doesn't sound right..

I don't know a lot about Mills or what her duties were at the state department that would give her the right to make that claim.

Wouldn't they have to provide proof that Hillary paid her for counsel if she wasn't a lawyer in a state department capacity, or did she do it as a favor?

Some of the emails above have Mills in them

I see it was pointed out where she was in a lawyer status... that answers that question... I never really looked into many of the side players...I don't think they are the target of the investigation. I wouldn't want to be in any of their shoes either... especially if one of them is the one who was emailing stuff off the classified system to unclassified systems...especially the Top Secret system....no thank you.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I am not sure you know how classification works either. Not every doodle scribble and note made is considered classified. Only when they pertain to things that should be classified would they receive a classification.

Examples:
First, an email you write in your office, if it is to a family friend and doesn't discuss government things then no classification.

Second, email is to another employee discussing a New York Times article about "government program X". This email could be classified or unclassified depending on the program, the governments moods, and the persons talking about it.

Third, an email sent to an employee about intelligence would be classified from birth.

I am betting some of these emails fall into the second category, because that is where it is easiest to screw up.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Not every doodle scribble and note made is considered classified. Only when they pertain to things that should be classified would they receive a classification.

22 emails could not be released at all, due to the information they contain.
I am not sure how you can comment on those or which example they fall under.
CNN
edit on b000000312016-05-16T04:05:27-05:0004America/ChicagoMon, 16 May 2016 04:05:27 -0500400000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Hillary and her defenders like to use the phrase over classification run amok... that's funny....

A Sept. 30, 2013 DoD evaluation of over classification of National Security Information found that over classification was not a serious problem, mostly affecting the dissemination controls rather than anything else:

www.dodig.mil...

We also concluded that some policies, procedures, rules, regulations or management practices may be contributing to persistent misclassification of material. While we did find some instances of over- classification, we do not believe that those instances concealed violations of law, inefficiency, or administrative error; prevented embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency; restrained competition; or prevented or delayed the release of information not requiring protection in the interest of national security. However, we did find several instances where the inaccurate use of dissemination control and handling markings could unnecessarily restrict information sharing

Looks like she is running extremely thin on ways to rationalize her dilemma

I found that while looking for something else, but it is relevant. It's amazing what you can learn with only a 100 hours of research involved....lol

One would think, that if it's just a horrible mistake, that the FBI would have figured that out by now and dropped the investigation.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

She can try to say that in her opinion as a classification authority, she didn't feel they were classified. That's really about the only defense she has left... and being she has been disagreed with on her classification decisions 2200+ times, it doesn't look good for the home team.

Yep, gross negligence. I mean there is no way around it. At her position, with a server at home hosting thousands of classified emails. There are no excuses. It screams of someone trying to circumvent the system, to most likely save a ton of time. Anyone involved knows how time consuming it is. The problem is people's lives are on the line.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

to most likely save a ton of time.

Or worse.
That is where the investigation needs to go. Why were they doing this?
- saving time.
- keeping something else from seeing daylight, re: the connection with the Clinton Foundation.

It is bad enough if foreign countries hacked her server, but what if she was passing information to other countries in exchange for 'donations' to the Clinton Foundation?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

So let us begin…

Lets not.

They're 'classified', all illegal actions are. You will never get to see them.

Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

I am not sure you know how classification works either. Not every doodle scribble and note made is considered classified. Only when they pertain to things that should be classified would they receive a classification.

Examples:
First, an email you write in your office, if it is to a family friend and doesn't discuss government things then no classification.

Second, email is to another employee discussing a New York Times article about "government program X". This email could be classified or unclassified depending on the program, the governments moods, and the persons talking about it.

Third, an email sent to an employee about intelligence would be classified from birth.

I am betting some of these emails fall into the second category, because that is where it is easiest to screw up.

Context
First if that email to friends and family is generated, or stored on a secure device then it is classified. The device brings the classification not the info in this instance.
Second if that email is generated, or stored on a secure device then it is classified. Same as the first instance.

Oh and not securing a server brings its own consequences.

She was secretary of state she knew the rules. Ignorance of the rules is not excused when dealing with classified info.
She has been shown to have broken these rules with info released from foia releases.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: amicktd

to most likely save a ton of time.

Or worse.
That is where the investigation needs to go. Why were they doing this?
- saving time.
- keeping something else from seeing daylight, re: the connection with the Clinton Foundation.

It is bad enough if foreign countries hacked her server, but what if she was passing information to other countries in exchange for 'donations' to the Clinton Foundation?

What if?

It'd be a blindfold and a last ciggy.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

"The device brings the classification not the info in this instance."

I think you are confusing two different concepts.... just because an email is typed on a secure system doesn't necessarily make it classified. It's not the system that makes it classified, its the information itself which is classified.

Physical equipment is what actually becomes classified,, for instance, the moment Hillary received the first Top Secret email, in the eyes of the government, that hard drive for that server became classified Top Secret as well.
edit on R432016-05-16T09:43:33-05:00k435Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

"The device brings the classification not the info in this instance."

I think you are confusing two different concepts.... just because an email is typed on a secure system doesn't necessarily make it classified. It's not the system that makes it classified, its the information itself which is classified.

Physical equipment is what actually becomes classified,, for instance, the moment Hillary received the first Top Secret email, in the eyes of the government, that hard drive for that server became classified Top Secret as well.

Unless it is handled differently these days any communications on secure systems were secure. IE football scores that came across a secure teletype were classified and marked as such. I dont see how emails would be any different.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yesterday I refused to engage a certain person for a specific reason... the same reason they were desperately trying to get me to commit to a certain classification date so they could take the ball and run to their retroactively classified touchdown and claim victory and accuse everyone of changing stories after the fact.

The whole point this thread is very simple:

When unmarked classified information comes in to the possession of the government, the first Original Classifying Authority that reads it determines its classification level and dissemination controls and places the proper classification markings on it.

Hillary Clinton was an Original Classification Authority, there is no way around that and there is nothing anyone can possibly say that justifies while in the capacity as OCA, Hillary Clinton never marked a single piece of classified information that went through her email server in her name.

In the eyes of the government, simply because Hillary Clinton failed to properly mark emails as classified, that does not mean that they were unclassified when sent.......it simply means they were considered classified but unmarked when sent by Hillary Clinton on the date she sent them.

This puts to bed, once and for all, that Hillary Clinton never sent or received any classified information on her home server and that all classified information was retroactively classified after it left Hillary's possession.

So exactly like the title of this thread...Hillary Clintons emails were classified when sent.... unmarked classified...but classified none the less in the eyes of the Government.
edit on R142016-05-16T10:14:05-05:00k145Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Most classified systems now have modern emails setup that won't even let you send a email until you put the classification marking on it.. You could email the guy next door on the top secret system and ask him what he wanted for lunch..you mark the email as unclassified.

When I was in the IC, I worked in SCIFS........we just put everything in the burn bags or shredded them and you never walked out with any classified information on you.

Most of the sites I served at in the military, all purses and briefcases had to checked prior to leaving the facility by the MP's...They caught officers fairly often with classified documents.. all they do is make them turn around and make them go back and properly secure the information. It was only done as a reminder to keep people from accidentally walking out with classified documents, because if someone was intending to commit espionage, it would be easy to do.

edit on R332016-05-16T10:33:11-05:00k335Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I understand you COULD mark it as unclassified.
If it is on a secure system and it is unmarked what is it? I assumed it was classified until determined otherwise.
Hense the example of classified football scores.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

we just put everything in the burn bags or shredded them and you never walked out with any classified information on you.

This
That's how I was trained.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Same here... it was always... if in doubt, burn or shred.

I think it was done like that to prevent accidental spillage.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Generally these days, someone would use NIPRNet to ask their colleague about lunch but the email would still be marked UNCLASSIFIED at the top and bottom. Any communications that are classified would be sent over SIPRNet or other secure networks depending on agency and classification level.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Now you're charging her with treason. Punishable by death up until a few years back. Now life in prison.
There is absolutely no reason to even think she did that.
Why do these threads always devolve into fantasy.
This scenario. Or made up scripts of conversations being held over this. Or imaginings about what questions were asked and what answers were given...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join