It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slooh Astronomer Admits We Have a Second Sun!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Nice to know gullibility is alive and well at ATS, and critical thinking is dead and rotting.

I particularly enjoy threads like this. It's hilarious entertainment. And it shows me who I can take seriously around here, and who not to take seriously.

The guy was kidding. Give it a rest....

Hey, no harm meant. I enjoy them too, or else I wouldn't bother with them. Sometimes it's gotta be said though lol.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Here. Argue with Calteck and CBS News.

You do understand they are theorizing this because computer modeling told them.

The first possibility they investigated was that perhaps there are enough distant Kuiper Belt objects—some of which have not yet been discovered—to exert the gravity needed to keep that subpopulation clustered together. The researchers quickly ruled this out when it turned out that such a scenario would require the Kuiper Belt to have about 100 times the mass it has today.

That left them with the idea of a planet. Their first instinct was to run simulations involving a planet in a distant orbit that encircled the orbits of the six Kuiper Belt objects, acting like a giant lasso to wrangle them into their alignment. Batygin says that almost works but does not provide the observed eccentricities precisely. "Close, but no cigar," he says. Then, effectively by accident, Batygin and Brown noticed that if they ran their simulations with a massive planet in an anti-aligned orbit—an orbit in which the planet's closest approach to the sun, or perihelion, is 180 degrees across from the perihelion of all the other objects and known planets—the distant Kuiper Belt objects in the simulation assumed the alignment that is actually observed.

www.caltech.edu...

Theories are great, but to you need more than that to prove something exists.

And computer modeling helps the theory, but it in no way is proof it's actually there.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
You do realize that there are legit Stars that only emit X-Ray. No one can see them but the exist non the less. Im not trying to jump in and say you are wrong, I am simply pointing out a fact.

That's fine, but a star like that would still reflect the light from our sun if our sun shined on it.

If the huge blob in that video that was to the right of the Sun (the blob Paul Cox was talking about) was another star, then it would have been close enough t the sun for the sun to shine light on it, and light it up, making it visible.

As I said in another post, brown dwarf stars (or even x-ray stars) are not magically impervious to reflecting light.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Helenamatias

I don't have a sun or daughter---think its a form of cruelty to bring more souls to this planet.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Theories are great, but to you need more than that to prove something exists.

And computer modeling helps the theory, but it in no way is proof it's actually there.

And more to the point of the OP's opening post, even if the Sun DOES have a binary companion, the thing in the video that Paul Cox joked about is not that binary companion.

The size of it relative to the Sun means it would have either (a) been relatively close to the sun or close to the inner solar system, or (b) if it was very distant, then it would be incredibly huge.

Either way, it could not stay secretly hidden from amateur astronomers, or not even from average people just looking up.

edit on 2016-5-15 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Okay let's end this right here as here is the whole broadcast the OP video is from.

It helps to go to the source...and nobody acknowledges there is a second sun that most of the world has been blind to, but the man who probably has the most to loose is going to come out and say it and not be joking?

Just want to add that he is asking the viewers as to what it is and wanted them to tweet their answers...he also tells you what it is later in the video.

Start at 51:40 mark.

Enjoy.
edit on 15-5-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Sigh, not this again....

Ok, from my understanding if this thing is in our neighborhood, you'd see it in the sky as it would likely be closer to us than Jupiter is....and you can still see Jupiter when it comes around right?

So, if this is legit, and this thing squeezes by us every what?...3600 years? And causes calamity?

It would explain a lot, but you'd have to show me more...convince me...come on, I gotta bottle of bourbon and 2 glasses...lets get the tripes at a local Mexican restaurant and split a bottle and a roll of charmin...get your power point out, show me some source info, diagrams, earth artifacts that prove this.

Its like a blurry picture of Bigfoot...they could be taking a picture of my ex-wife lumbering into the trees for all I know....

gimme something solid jazz.....

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

You do realize that there are legit Stars that only emit X-Ray. No one can see them but the exist non the less. Im not trying to jump in and say you are wrong, I am simply pointing out a fact.

That's fine, but a star like that would still reflect the light from our sun if our sun shined on it.

As I said in another post, brown dwarf stars (or even x-ray stars) are not magically impervious to reflecting light.

Are there actually stars that only emit infrared light?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Are there actually stars that only emit infrared light?

Brown Dwarfs give off virtually no light of their own; there is no nuclear fusion going on in a dwarf star. They may have had some limited fusion in their past, so they may still glow very little, but they may have cooled to the point that they do not glow at all with their own light.

So a brown dwarf in the depths of space, or a brown dwarf on the outer resches of our solar system where the light of our Sun is very dim, it would be very very difficult for a visible light telescope to see it. Since very little or no visible light is either falling upon it or being given off by it, we would need an infrared telescope to see it.

However, as I indicated, if a brown dwarf (which can often be about the same diameter of Jupiter) was sitting out by Jupiter, it would be lit up by our sun just like Jupiter. It would be very visble in the visible light spectrum. We would be able to see it with our naked eye, just like we can see Jupiter.

edit on 2016-5-15 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I appreciate the thought out response

Brown Dwarfs do emit visible light though.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
OP:

Q1 - who "hid" it before NASA existed ?
Q2 - How come no-one pre-NASA ever saw it ?
Q3 - How can NASA possible hide something potentially visible to 7 billion people looking up at the sky, day or night, around a 360*360 degree sphere ?

edit on 16-5-2016 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Seriously -- where is this secret second Sun being "hidden" if it could be seen soooo easily by that telescope?

Plot twist, the super high temperature 'Sun' is within our planet and we've known it the whole time:

The Internal Sun Image 1
The Internal Sun Image 2

edit on 16-5-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Plot twist, the super high temperature 'Sun' is within our planet and we've known it the whole time: The Internal Sun Image 1 The Internal Sun Image 2

Those aren't suns, the pictures are of the Earth's core.

www.123rf.com...

And I hope your kidding.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Those aren't suns, the pictures are of the Earth's core.

www.123rf.com...

And I hope your kidding.

I was being facetious, but my sincerity grew when I googled it and realized that the earth's core is 500 degrees hotter than the surface of the sun.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

He's taking the mickey out of people like you...

He's laughing in your face...and you don't even know it

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Helenamatias

Because, gee, we are all so clueless we would miss seeing it in the sky all these centuries..........

Seriously, shouldn't this be in jokes?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
naw.....the focus......side light on the viewer somehow

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Gil Broussard is a decent example of this in action

A decent example of a religous loon!

Let us see.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gill Broussard has been making the rounds on various "alternative media" shows lately, going viral for his theory that a planet 7 times the size and mass of earth is swooping through the solar system and will make a very close approach to earth in March 2016

So we all missed it as it came at night?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

That's what I want to see too..
Saying that " They don't cover up things like NASA does " to me sounds like if he really attacks NASA for covering up all sorts of things..

I wouldn't really laugh about it , from NASA point of view.

But , thinking logically if there was a second sun then we should see it by now just like we saw in star wars imo.

And a star that close to our sun would have so much gravitational force that our sun and the other star would show allot friction between each other right?

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
But , thinking logically if there was a second sun then we should see it by now just like we saw in star wars imo.

And a star that close to our sun would have so much gravitational force that our sun and the other star would show allot friction between each other right?

Not if it had its stealth field on, and anti gravity field also!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join