It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus transgender?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Way to over complicate things!

Gees!

Here's me, wit a serious (ish) topic and here you come all "what if the cave was a toilet" stuff.

I mean, seriously! We KNOW the cave wasn't a toilet. It's not in the bible.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
EXACTLY! So him walking around and acting as a male would make him transgender or transsexual.

The lack of Y chromosome could have made him intersexual, actually, a person with unclear gender. And having been born two thousands years ago they decided to raise him as a boy.

I mean, why would Jesus have gender when God has no gender.. right?
So Jesus was either a transgender, intersexual with some male genitalia (hence raised as a boy) or transexual.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

EXACTLY! So him walking around and acting as a male would make him transgender or transsexual.

The lack of Y chromosome could have made him intersexual, actually, a person with unclear gender. And having been born two thousands years ago they decided to raise him as a boy.

I mean, why would Jesus have gender when God has no gender.. right?
So Jesus was either a transgender, intersexual with some male genitalia (hence raised as a boy) or transexual.

Or (as I stated. Keep up. Tut tut) an agender (lack of gender).

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

hahaha sorry, I typed my response 10 minutes ago, then the phone rang and I only pressed reply now, not having read your newest post.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
NO !

And I hate how these topics are dominating on ATS suddenly, the top 2 threads on front page of ATS.

edit on 15-5-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
NO !
Why not? Jesus couldn't have been a male if it was a virgin birth. Jesus would have been a she. Jesus was walking around as a he. Transgender/transsexual is just that.

And I hate how these topics are dominating on ATS suddenly, the top 2 thread on front page of ATS.
You can ignore threads, you know?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

hahaha sorry, I typed my response 10 minutes ago, then the phone rang and I only pressed reply now, not having read your newest post.

Did you ask them if Jesus was transgender?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

hahaha
It was my 16 year old niece who is not interested in religious topics.
lol

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

hahaha
It was my 16 year old niece who is not interested in religious topics.
lol

But you could have for an outside perspective.

I think we need all the perspectives we can get!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

This totally explains why there was 12 dudes always hanging around with him I mean her.

edit on 15-5-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

She's coming over soon, I'll ask her...... she knows the Kardashian so I'll start talking about Bruce/Caitlin Jenner and take it from there..... as a typical teenager she'll probably just mumble something in an English I don't understand, put headphones on and ignore me.
lol

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

This totally explains why there was 12 dudes always ha hanging around with him I mean her.

That makes total sense!

Transgender Jesus was "putting it about"!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

I'm just laughing. Slow day eh?

Yeah lol.

But if you think about it, it makes sense.

A guy needs a Y chromosome to be male. Females have XX.

It only leaves a few options.

Jesus was was a transgender/transsexual
Jesus' dad was a male human
God was a human male

All of this is based on the premise that biblical Jesus exists by the way.

You forgot the option that, God being all-powerful, could easily have added a Y chromosome upon conception if he chose to do so.

It seems that this is an issue that was created by the Catholic Church at some point...

The Immaculate Conception is a doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church in regards to Mary, Jesus’ mother. An official statement of the doctrine reads, “The blessed Virgin Mary to have been, from the first instant of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege of Almighty God, in view of the merits of Christ Jesus the Savior of Mankind, preserved free from all stain of original sin.”

Essentially, the Immaculate Conception is the belief that Mary was protected from original sin, that Mary did not have a sin nature, and was, in fact, sinless. The problem with the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception is that it is not taught in the Bible. The Bible nowhere describes Mary as anything but an ordinary human female whom God chose to be the mother of the Lord Jesus Christ. Mary was undoubtedly a godly woman (Luke 1:28). Mary was surely a wonderful wife and mother. Jesus definitely loved and cherished His mother (John 19:27). The Bible gives us no reason to believe that Mary was sinless. In fact, the Bible gives us every reason to believe that Jesus Christ is the only Person who was not “infected” by sin and never committed a sin (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:22; 1 John 3:5).

The Immaculate Conception was about Mary - not Jesus

A feast of the Conception of the Most Holy and All Pure Mother of God was celebrated in Syria on 8 December perhaps as early as the 5th century. Note that the title of achrantos (spotless, immaculate, all-pure) refers to the holiness of Mary, not specifically to the holiness of her conception.

Although the belief that Mary was sinless and conceived immaculate has been widely held since Late Antiquity, the doctrine was not dogmatically defined until 1854, by Pope Pius IX in his papal bull Ineffabilis Deus.

Immaculate Conception concept came later - and not enshrined until 1854

So, IMHO, it would seem more likely that Mary and Joesph conceived Jesus the old fashioned way - and then the Catholic Church later decided to add some additional mystical spin to the birth story to make the birth of Jesus even more wonderous.

Therefore...with respect to the idea proferred in the OP...I would have to say (resoundingly) that, no Jesus was not transgender in the sense you are suggesting.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

She's coming over soon, I'll ask her...... she knows the Kardashian so I'll start talking about Bruce/Caitlin Jenner and take it from there..... as a typical teenager she'll probably just mumble something in an English I don't understand, put headphones on and ignore me.
lol

Ask her through texting. They pay more attention to words on a phone than words through a mouth.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

So you're going with the option that "Jesus was a son of a human male"?

That is one of the later options I added.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Something else I just thought of.

If God doesn't have any X or Y chromosomes and he is walking and talking in heaven as any gender, wouldn't that make God transgender too?

ETA: I've decided this post is silly and makes no sense. You can ignore it if you want.
edit on 1552016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I am still shaking my head.

I mean, Son of God and all...next will come hermaphrodite or androgenous.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Misterlondon

I am still shaking my head.

I mean, Son of God and all...next will come hermaphrodite or androgenous.

Well, no. Hermaphrodites have both X and y genes. Jesus had no Y chromosome.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Give up to ceaser what is ceaser's (pay your taxes)

How does this translate to mean "pay your taxes"?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Inter-sexed. (Hermaphrodite)

All humans are, just primodial cell instructions choose the dominance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join