It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus transgender?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Achilles92x

According to your bible god does have a gender and the bible clearly states god is male!

You then state god is love. Interesting because a loving being doesn't go around killing millions (2.5 million not including the flood). So saying god is love is like saying rocks are soft. Nope.

Do you just pick and choose the parts of the bible you want to believe or how do you come to these conclusions.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Christians fail to realize the god of the OT is not the same as the God of the NT...

An idea that was disposed of in the first few centuries of the religion

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Is it a different god? Then why did Jesus say that until heaven and earth pass the law (of the old testament) shall remain.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well... what "law" was he actually speaking of?

He broke and changed quite a few laws in the OT... so in reality he couldn't have been talking about the laws Moses gave from this "god"

James calls it "the royal law"... that was what he was talking about...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

He never stated that he changed any laws. He even mentioned the prophets when speaking here this would have been a reference to the laws that Moses brought.

For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

Again he is referencing the law that was written.

I would love to believe they were different gods. However not once does he renounce the god of the Torah. He kept the Sabbath only healing on the Sabbath.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

He never stated that he changed any laws. He even mentioned the prophets when speaking here this would have been a reference to the laws that Moses brought.

He didn't have to say he was changing them... He just did it, but again most don't seem to realize this...

For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

Again he is referencing the law that was written.

Again, it wasn't the laws of Moses he was speaking of... it was "the law of love"

Just as he revised the commandments... the ten are subject to the two HE gave...

I would love to believe they were different gods. However not once does he renounce the god of the Torah. He kept the Sabbath only healing on the Sabbath.

Of course he doesn't directly renounce the books he was raised on... he was a jew... Saying anything bad about said books would make him a heretic... and he would have been put to death before his time.

the OT doesn't say anything about Healing on the sabbath... There are strict rules to be kept...

HE said it is lawful to do good on the sabbath...

And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.

And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

As you can clearly see... they wanted to kill him for telling people some "work" is ok on the sabbath... this is not the case in the OT... Ye shall do NO work on the sabbath according to the OT.

This was why the gnostics were eliminated in the first few centuries... those writers realized the OT god was not God at all... they had little need for the OT scriptures which left no reliance on the churches of the time

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Also saying that he was God would make him a heretic.

not one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

If he was referencing the "law of love" as you state then why would he say not one jot or title shall pass? The law of love was not written and he is clearly talking about the written law by mentioning jot and title.

Then he said this

"The Scripture cannot be broken,"

What scriptures do you think he was referencing? Ones that hadn't even been written yet?

But this whole Jesus is love thing doesn't hold that much water either.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Though this is not the subject of the OP and we digress.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Also saying that he was God would make him a heretic.

True... but he didn't claim to be god... thats just Christian dogma

ot one jot or one tittle shall in any wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

If he was referencing the "law of love" as you state then why would he say not one jot or title shall pass? The law of love was not written and he is clearly talking about the written law by mentioning jot and title.

read Leviticus 19

Not to mention that said law was written "in our hearts"

Then he said this

"The Scripture cannot be broken,"

What scriptures do you think he was referencing? Ones that hadn't even been written yet?

The passage you're talking about really has nothing to do with the law of love... He was reference Psalm 82, ruining the arguement that "he said he was God" that the people he was speaking to were trying to accuse him of doing.

But this whole Jesus is love thing doesn't hold that much water either.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Sure it does... Perhaps he actually meant to show the division between the physical based mind and the spiritual based

Though this is not the subject of the OP and we digress.

True... but this subject is ridiculous anyways

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Come on guys, get back on topic please.

If you want to discuss other factors about Jesus, the bible and God, please make another thread.

Thanks muchly!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I really don't see a point... but i apologize for going off topic sorta... this is about Jesus isn't it?

From your OP

My favourite (Link to source) basically says that Jesus, being son of God, had no gender before conception. God also has no gender. Therefore, Jesus must be transgender.

the problem with this first of all is that Jesus wasn't God... Thus equating him to God is fallacious to begin with... Unless you're Christian of course...

IF we base the idea on everything that was written about him, including non canonical texts there isn't a single valid arguement that Jesus was anything less then "a man"... not trans gender or without gender at all...

Its only speculation based on this recent trend is social media...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I really don't see a point... but i apologize for going off topic sorta... this is about Jesus isn't it?
More specifically, it's about Jesus being transgender.

From your OP

My favourite (Link to source) basically says that Jesus, being son of God, had no gender before conception. God also has no gender. Therefore, Jesus must be transgender.

the problem with this first of all is that Jesus wasn't God... Thus equating him to God is fallacious to begin with... Unless you're Christian of course...
I never said Jesus was God.

IF we base the idea on everything that was written about him, including non canonical texts there isn't a single valid arguement that Jesus was anything less then "a man"... not trans gender or without gender at all...
But if we use today's knowledge of genetics and what books say about Jesus, we can come to a logical conclusion that Jesus was indeed, a woman masquerading (for whatever reasons) as a man.

Its only speculation based on this recent trend is social media...

Obviously it's speculation. We can't test Jesus' genes to find out if he/she was a he or a she.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

God also has no gender. Therefore, Jesus must be transgender.

But if we use today's knowledge of genetics and what books say about Jesus, we can come to a logical conclusion that Jesus was indeed, a woman masquerading (for whatever reasons) as a man.

Books?

From people that clearly knew nothing about what was actually written about him?

Or just junk people can find on the net? People do tend to enjoy "kicking the bee hive" when it comes to Christianity on the net...

In reality theres nothing to even speculate on... He was a man... probably had a wife too

Obviously it's speculation. We can't test Jesus' genes to find out if he/she was a he or a she.

Well no... we can't

Though we can use what was written about him to figure it out...

he wasn't a woman, its as simple as that... Just a man

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

God also has no gender. Therefore, Jesus must be transgender.
Yeah. Jesus' "father".

Books?

From people that clearly knew nothing about what was actually written about him?
To decide if Jesus was transgender, we have to take the "books" at face value.

Or just junk people can find on the net? People do tend to enjoy "kicking the bee hive" when it comes to Christianity on the net...
Nope. It was something I thought of before I wrote the OP. I didn't even think about it before then.

In reality theres nothing to even speculate on...
Of course there is. We're speculating if Jesus was transgender.

He was a man...
Or a woman.

probably had a wife too
Maybe.

Well no... we can't
Yes, we can speculate.

Though we can use what was written about him to figure it out...
Which might only be one side of the story as Jesus might have been hiding that he was a female.

he wasn't a woman, its as simple as that... Just a man
I disagree. Jesus could have been a woman.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yeah. Jesus' "father"

Except you said in your OP that God has no gender... Father implies a male gender

Which as i've stated... all point to Jesus being Male, without exception

Yes, we can speculate.

Speculation with nothing to back the premise... We can speculate he was a shiny purple tree elf too...

Or maybe a talking Cat with a great smile...

Which might only be one side of the story as Jesus might have been hiding that he was a female.

Though again its based on nothing... they called him Rabbi... Must be male

He called himself a SON of God...

Theres literally nothing to base your speculation on

In fact Even if we go outside of the official canon you'll find Jesus saying one must become male to enter the kingdom of heaven...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yeah. Jesus' "father"

Except you said in your OP that God has no gender... Father implies a male gender
Implies, but isn't explicit to.

Which as i've stated... all point to Jesus being Male, without exception
Unless the books only show what Jesus wanted people to know. Kind of like how transgender people are nowadays.

Yes, we can speculate.

Speculation with nothing to back the premise...
Try reading the thread again. There are quite a few of them to look at.

We can speculate he was a shiny purple tree elf too...
Cool. Start a thread on it then.

Or maybe a talking Cat with a great smile...
I'd start with Alice Through the Looking Glass.

Though again its based on nothing... they called him Rabbi... Must be male

He called himself a SON of God...
They call a boy that changed his sex to a girl, a she and daughter. They call a girl that changed her sex to a boy, a he and son.

Theres literally nothing to base your speculation on
Try rereading the thread.

In fact Even if we go outside of the official canon you'll find Jesus saying one must become male to enter the kingdom of heaven...

Exactly. What better reason to want to become a male if you're female.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

its really not necessary to read it at all... at least not for me. Perhaps people that don't know what was written about him would find it an interesting theory, but its based on nothing

In fact you'd have a better chance showing Jesus was gay... He showed no specific affections to the opposite sex in the gospels... In Gnostic writing though he was clearly straight...

As i've stated... theres nothing...

not a lick of evidence to show he was anything but male

So we might as well be speculating on what race of wood elves he actually was...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

its really not necessary to read it at all... at least not for me. Perhaps people that don't know what was written about him would find it an interesting theory, but its based on nothing
It's based on quite a few things, spread out through the thread.

In fact you'd have a better chance showing Jesus was gay... He showed no specific affections to the opposite sex in the gospels... In Gnostic writing though he was clearly straight...
But that isn't the thread.

As i've stated... theres nothing...
According to you. Others disagree.

not a lick of evidence to show he was anything but male
Or a female acting as a male. Transgender.

So we might as well be speculating on what race of wood elves he actually was...

That would also be a different thread.
edit on 1652016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Revelation 1:8 biblehub.com...

God is both male and female.
Jesus is "the son of God". Last I checked son is male. He had a male form and is depicted as male. It is said he married Mary Magdalene and had a child.
There is an androgynous form of god....as depicted in Shiva and Parvati

Ardhanārīśvara) is a composite androgynous form of the Hindu god Shiva and his consort Parvati (also known as Devi, Shakti and Uma in this icon). Ardhanarishvara is depicted as half male and half female, split down the middle. The right half is usually the male Shiva, illustrating his traditional attributes.

Ardhanarishvara represents the synthesis of masculine and feminine energies of the universe (Purusha and Prakriti) and illustrates how Shakti, the female principle of God, is inseparable from (or the same as, according to some interpretations) Shiva, the male principle of God. The union of these principles is exalted as the root and womb of all creation. Another view is that Ardhanarishvara is a symbol of Shiva's all-pervasive nature.

Ardhanarishvara symbolizes that the male and female principles are inseparable.[29] The composite form conveys the unity of opposites (coniunctio oppositorum) in the universe.[3][12][47][48] The male half of Ardhanarishvara stands for Purusha and female half is Prakriti. Purusha is the male principle and passive force of the universe, while Prakriti is the female active force; both are "constantly drawn to embrace and fuse with each other, though... separated by the intervening axis". The union of Purusha (Shiva) and Prikriti (Shiva's energy, Shakti) generates the universe, an idea also manifested in the union of the Linga of Shiva and Yoni of Devi creating the cosmos

en.wikipedia.org...

Really very cool stuff.

No Jesus was and is not transgendered. People love to make up stuff to justify themselves though.

(post by RepealTheLaw removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Jesus transgendered? No , I don't think so . "He" is always referred to as a man , a boy , a male , a Son a HE. If he was transgendered , I think we would know about it because 'he' would have told us. Keeping nothing from us . To me , it's not complicated at all . Jesus was who he said he was.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join