It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy set to double baby bonus to fight birth rate 'apocalypse'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Italy’s health minister is proposing doubling a ‘baby bonus’ incentive for couples to have more children to combat what she calls a catastrophic decline in the country’s birth rate.

“If we carry on as we are and fail to reverse the trend, there will be fewer than 350,000 births a year in 10 years’ time, 40 percent less than in 2010 — an apocalypse,” the minister, Beatrice Lorenzin, said in an interview published Sunday by daily La Repubblica.

Lorenzin told the paper she wanted to double the standard baby bonus, currently 80 euros ($90) a month for low-to-middle income families, and introduce higher payments for second and subsequent children to encourage bigger families.

I find this to be sick. It's worse than having a one-child policy to me. A one-child policy forces people to be more responsible towards their children (all other things being equal).

A government should not be encouraging people to be irresponsible. Having more children than what one feels is natural in order to earn money is an inhuman travesty. It encourages people to be irresponsible in one of the most important decisions they'll ever make. It encourages people to be selfish about how many children they should have. I believe that's pure evil.

Just think of it this way, if your child asks you why you decided to have them, could you say that a "baby bonus" was part of the rationale? Doesn't that sound immoral?

Personally, I wouldn't bring a child into this world for any amount of money. Just look around. We're in the post-human, post-Fukushima disaster, post-sane era. It's not fit for children.
edit on 15-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

If you're going to bring any kids, bring two. The only child is a lonely child.

About Italy, aren't they looking at more austere futures? Who wants to raise kids in that environment?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

That is a large portion of the US welfare system.

However, since so many of our social welfare systems are based on a pyramid. Think for a second, what happens to us when our birth rate drops so sharply that our younger generations are much smaller than the older ones?

How will our kids afford to pay those taxes to keep the whole thing going?

Italy doesn't care about kids. They care about their revenue stream and it's not being born.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Italy doesn't care about kids. They care about their revenue stream and it's not being born.

That's exactly how I see it too. I was considering including the following video clip in my original post but The Matrix has just become corny.

The title of the video explains it. "You are only a battery to them." You hit the nail on the head.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It's not about having more children now, it's about the future and the next generation.. you cannot have an aging population without a new generation to help support them..
China had similar issues with the one child policy..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The payments discussed are not enough for someone to make money out of having children. However they may make it possible for some people to have children who could not otherwise afford them .

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Italy’s health minister is proposing doubling a ‘baby bonus’ incentive for couples to have more children to combat what she calls a catastrophic decline in the country’s birth rate.

“If we carry on as we are and fail to reverse the trend, there will be fewer than 350,000 births a year in 10 years’ time, 40 percent less than in 2010 — an apocalypse,” the minister, Beatrice Lorenzin, said in an interview published Sunday by daily La Repubblica.

Lorenzin told the paper she wanted to double the standard baby bonus, currently 80 euros ($90) a month for low-to-middle income families, and introduce higher payments for second and subsequent children to encourage bigger families.

I find this to be sick. It's worse than having a one-child policy to me. A one-child policy forces people to be more responsible towards their children (all other things being equal).

A government should not be encouraging people to be irresponsible. Having more children than what one feels is natural in order to earn money is an inhuman travesty. It encourages people to be irresponsible in one of the most important decisions they'll ever make. It encourages people to be selfish about how many children they should have. I believe that's pure evil.

Just think of it this way, if your child asks you why you decided to have them, could you say that a "baby bonus" was part of the rationale? Doesn't that sound immoral?

Personally, I wouldn't bring a child into this world for any amount of money. Just look around. We're in the post-human, post-Fukushima disaster, post-sane era. It's not fit for children.

Societies that fabricate irresponsibility by paying working parents low wages or no wage at all is a tragedy. It is a mentally ill thought process that has been generationally perpetuated among mass amounts of people which has a hypnotizing effect with getting others to believe that a woman carrying a baby in her womb and rearing them is not valued as work in and of itself.

What sounds and is immoral is the desecration of motherhood by devaluing it to such a degree that resources, including genuine comfort and protection, are physically warred over or quarreled over, thus creating a societal bipolar mentality where attitudes suddenly change to now put high esteem on the mother should she come into monetary wealth no matter if it was inherited, won by luck, gifted or obtained through a second job outside of the first job of motherhood. Communities then become manic and in a frenzy rush over to be noticed by her in an attempt to get her to spend her monetary wealth on them.

No one can force people to be kind and generous towards others because selfish attitudes are like a drug and just like trying to deal with any drug addict to get them to cease their dangerous behavior, the addict has to have a real desire to want to change first and then recover in a non-toxic environment away from ant triggers that may tempt them to go back to "using".

I believe that all human babies born naturally from human women fought their hardest battle by coming into animated soul existence into this reality we all share on this planet. If we were to give them a monetary amount for having won the battle against all odds to arrive here, going back hundreds and hundreds of generations, each would come with bags of gold, silver and genuine gem stones valuing in the trillions of dollars. Due to the theft of the humanbeing's inheritance by malevolent non-human life forms who perpetuating false thinking that pits humankind against their own kind, it is wise to deprogram false thinking in other humans when we see it by relaying this truth and come together to fight the enemy against our kind.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
better to bribe than to force. and we are seeing the effects of importing our population, that doesn't seem to work well either.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I find this to be sick.

Personally, I wouldn't bring a child into this world

Well, Its good to have opinions, you have yours.

But I imagine its best not to consider the opinions of a extinction fan when considering country longevity. heh.
They are doing a good move. one consideration people have is financial concerns..if the government can alleviate some of that initial concern, then sure..might be the edge needed to breed away.

Other countries in decline should do this also. Germany, Japan, etc.

Meanwhile, places like the middle east, india, etc need to go opposite and get more enforcement on the 1 child policy.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Bear with me a moment. Thimk tribal. Take money out of the equation. you are a member of a tribe, for you to actually survive safely and within reasonable comfort the tribe NEEDS more young people than old. The young look after the old.
Now bring money into the system and you realise it's not for a bribe, it's for the "tribe" to survive. As before the tribal system, for western countries, does not exist any more (it does in the Middle East and Far East THAT'S why they have more children than other countries) western countries are so obsessed with the monitary system of living and certain members of the populace equate more children with a drain on the economy.
Let me make it more clearer. If you don't have more children in a few years time you wont have an economy, you wont even have a viable population.
A small question for you " do you actually think those people in those countries that are still in the "tribal" system give any thought to your country going under because you are not having enough children to keep your country viable"?
I'll give you their answer. They don't give a damn cos when youve dropped to a certain level THEY will take your land of you.
Don't believe me? Just look at Germany now. Low population growth, Angela decides to boost the population by importing immigrants. Germans breed at the rate their governments dictate, not enough. Do you remember the ideal of the nuclear family, 2.4 children per couple and then western governments deciding "Oh that's too many, we will over populate, knock the figure down to 1.8". Then in come the immigrants who breed as fast as their women can concieve and also have more than one woman so they can breed quicker and before long you have no Germans but a land of immigrants (whatever their nationality). But then again if that's what you want so be it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Haha Italy can sink for all I care thats what happens when you let the world bankers rob everyone blind the hand over the keys to civilization to women along with smart phones and facebook.

Enjoy your new colored overlords Italy. Maybe they can help you and your ladies with that breeding problem.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
They aren't profiting off having children, the amount proposed wouldn't even cover the care of the child let alone provide any extra income for the parents. One of the major barriers for people who want to have children is the cost of supporting them, responsible parents holding off on more than one or any all together, the goal of the "bonus" is the reduce the cost for parents to raise children not to provide a profit stream for them.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If you're going to bring any kids, bring two. The only child is a lonely child.

About Italy, aren't they looking at more austere futures? Who wants to raise kids in that environment?

And if there is a baby boom, then there will be demand for baby milk, food, prams, toys, new furniture, household appliances, DIY, redecorations. But every region does need a source of revenue to bring money inside, like agriculture, manufacturing or technology. That's the hard part.

Maybe they could publish online catalogues listing all the food products that they produce. I shop at Aldi and am amazed at the things I've never seen in Tescos, Sainsburys or Morrisons.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This will backfire.

I'm familiar with one of the demographic issues in Eastern Europe which also now has strong roots in Italy. That would by gypsies. Gypsies pump out babies like you wouldn't believe and do so because they get more from the government per child. They combine that with various crimes and what you get is families with 5-10 kids all living off government assistance with little to no intention on going to school, getting educated and becoming a productive part of society.

So what you'd likely see is more and more gypsies heading to Italy and pumping out babies, milking the system, on top of the ones already there.

And that's probably not the demographic Italy has in mind with this.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

All that financial demand a baby produces is fine if the economy is too. The concern is baby production is down, well go figure… people can't afford them.

I wonder when that will click with the Italians.

Lets see, happy people, more people, more money…

Less EU.

new topics

top topics

join