It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret meaning behind the devil's number 666

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So the other day i saw an article about the true meaning behind the number 666, the number of the beast.
So i thought i would share it would you guys, enjoy!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man face"

- Ronald Reagan

We've all heard about the infamous number 666, which is rather cryptically referred to as the "number of the beast" in the New Testament, and has more recently become known as the number of the Antichrist. But what is it about this simple, symmetrical number that's been giving everyone the heebie jeebies for the past 2,000 years? It's just a number, right? Or is it...?

Link

edit on 15-5-2016 by PanPiper because: spelling

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper

Nero Caesar?

Well, I can't argue with Numberphile - Nero was quite an authoritarian ruler, especially for that time.

He was bound to, let's say, get some negative reviews from christians.

edit on 15-5-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Interesting quote by Reagan.

Ronald Wilson Reagan, the forbear of the new era of war and order.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I still don't understand the significance of the authors making Nero Caesar the "beast", that still misses me..

S & F - very fascinating. The 2 guys who explained it both did a very good job. Cool topic and great info, been loving your threads lately PanPiper

edit on 15-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Reagan's address was 666 to their home in California. Astrology and psychic crazy wife Nancy petitioned the local city government to have it changed.

Crazy, huh?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 15-5-2016 by NewzNose because: forgot my manners...apologies!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I thought, its better to be honest and transparent instead of a text wall of lies

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Depends, some people are into weird s*** and believe they have a "higher being" talking to them.. Not naming any, *cough* Cthu... *cough* Club *cough* So not naming anyone..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The number six represents incompleteness as a biblical symbol and the number 7 represents completeness or a complete cycle.

666 in biblical terms means an incomplete on the verge of finishing its course. Considering the age of the universe and the vast time scale of creation, it represents an event about to be fulfilled, a symbiology unique to only one thing in the bible.

Creation is represented as 6 days, on the seventh God rested. But obviously there is more with the whole new heaven and new Earth thing still to come.

Oh and he knows his time is short.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There is not a real devil in the world. That is a generational lie and fear tactic.

There is no profound meaning to 666 and no power behind it.

It has meaning to the extent that Nero gematrically translates to 666 .

And "King Solomon" was known for this number in the Old Testament. It isn't often noticed but it is there.

Adonikam had a clan of 666 in the O.T. too.

Adonikam is Lord Kam (probably Khem or Ham related).

So it goes deeper than Nero as these aren't coincidences.

The meaning of 666 today represents the beast of Revelation. But it was an occult number long before then.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
664 - Neighbor of the beast

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wonder what the purpose of having the number there is. So people can speculate to no end? Does having knowledge of it identify a person, or a spiritual entity? The questions are endless.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
664 - Neighbor of the beast

Best post on ATS...... EVEH!!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

There should be no negative responses from Christians (I've been one since 1970). The vast majority of serious scholars accept the "preterist" view of the Book of Revelation, meaning that the book was intended solely for First Century readers and was dealing solely with First Century events. Everything stated in the video in the OP has been well-known for decades. I had heard everything in this video before I graduated from college in 1972, and it was probably old hat long before that. Both 666 and 616 relate to Nero(n) Caesar, and moreover there was a rumor that Nero was going to miraculously recover from head wounds as the Anti-Christ is supposed to do. Even those who reject the preterist view and believe Revelation applies today seldom reject the Nero interpretation. Instead, they maintain that 666/616 applied to Nero AND to the Anti-Christ who will appear at some future date. A convincing case can be made (and has been made) that all the events referred to in Revelation were in fact fulfilled in the First Century, most notably the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem in 70 A.D. This is not as much fun as trying to figure out some way to link Obama or Putin to 666, but it is almost surely correct.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: uforunner
a reply to: swanne

There should be no negative responses from Christians (I've been one since 1970). The vast majority of serious scholars accept the "preterist" view of the Book of Revelation, meaning that the book was intended solely for First Century readers and was dealing solely with First Century events. Everything stated in the video in the OP has been well-known for decades. I had heard everything in this video before I graduated from college in 1972, and it was probably old hat long before that. Both 666 and 616 relate to Nero(n) Caesar, and moreover there was a rumor that Nero was going to miraculously recover from head wounds as the Anti-Christ is supposed to do. Even those who reject the preterist view and believe Revelation applies today seldom reject the Nero interpretation. Instead, they maintain that 666/616 applied to Nero AND to the Anti-Christ who will appear at some future date. A convincing case can be made (and has been made) that all the events referred to in Revelation were in fact fulfilled in the First Century, most notably the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem in 70 A.D. This is not as much fun as trying to figure out some way to link Obama or Putin to 666, but it is almost surely correct.

What's probably more correct, is that the shadowy figure - john of revelation - had dementia...

Å99

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yes this correct. The book of revelation is not a prophecy contrary to many Christians belief. It was a commentary on the times.

This takes away all the Jesus is coming back ready to pull terminator on all the non believers. But those that believe will hold fast to their warped wanting of the end times.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The Greek phrase translated “it is a man’s number” (Revelation 13:18) could be also rendered “it is the number of humanity.” It literally means, "Man, man, man."

In that case, it is not referring to a particular person but to a characteristic of humanity separated from God.

It represents man’s fixation with himself, man seeking glory in himself and his own creations. It speaks of the fullness of creation and all creative powers without God—the practice of the absence of God.
edit on 25-5-2016 by questt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
the most logical explanation for the beast I have read is it was nero, and it represented his "tentacles" of power and the mark was a tattoo you needed to do business and pay taxes

the number 666 may also have been 616

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Perhaps its the Lord Marshal who attended Marshal University calling down fire from the sky.

Maybe the Lord Marshal is the beast.

The beast according to the Bible has the power to make fire fall from heaven in the full view of men.

The Marching Thunder.....

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
666 is a solar chakra. It's the Kabbalistic square of the sun.

new topics

top topics

join