It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would u ever just go live in a van???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Seems like a growing trend toward people who are opting to live out of a van, or RV. Like for 25 dollars per month u can live in qwartsite AZ. That includes water, dumping, garbage removed etc. Compared to say paying 20 to 50 times that in rent per month in a city. So the van idea is getting very popular. Would u do that?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

i would, easy..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Hells yeah..My Dad used to have a old 78 dodge van.It had a bed,sink,cabinets,etc.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
For warmer months, yes. In a heartbeat. I have a gypsy soul, and traveling is one of few things that makes me happy. After a time though, it would get tiresome, and you might feel more like a sardine in a can. It's nice to have a bricks and sticks home to come to.
This is a subject I have read many first hand accounts of, and the biggest misconception is that it is a much cheaper way to live. You still need an income, and while living out of a vehicle, that sometimes slims your chances of finding a job. Not an easy full time life.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Independence, baby, or at least some facsimile of it.

A VW bus is my ultimate goal in life other than playing music. That bloody thing is awesome, possibly not very fast, but can go to most anywhere and can even be fixed by a fool such as myself who is lacking the car gene. Even I can, most possibly,
diagnose problems on this and I can't on any other vehicle.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Coincidentally, just after posting in this thread I happened upon this article.
Living Out Of A Van Is The New American Dream

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

if you are really going to do it post pics of your # bags . that way we no your not bsing to get stars

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Ummm...I lived out of a class C motorhome for 2 1/2 years...with two dogs (Pharoah Hounds)...a cat...(Fuzzball)...and oh yeah...my girlfriend...

So I would gladly live out of my class A motorhome...as long as I could keep...the sailboat...the pleasure boat...the four motorcycles...The SAAB...and the Explorer......................even if that didn't include a Girlfriend...

I also lived out of a 1968 Volkswagon Beetle for a couple of months...But it was a Baja conversion...with a performance engine...sitting on 31 inch truck tires...so it was really...cool...
I drove that Bug...back and forth to Cali from the East coast many times...

So...Yeah...a van is do-able...

YouSir

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
My husband and i will have to live in a RV or caravan after he retires.With property prices being as horrendous as they are in this country buying a small home even would not be an option.And we don't want to live in an apartment,cooped up amongst people plus paying monthly rent to enrich someone else,and no animals allowed,no way we will live like that.I need cats around me,well at least one,and at least a Fox Terrier-we would be extremely miserable without animals.

So we will live in a mobile home and try to keep at least one dog+cat.We should be able to manage that.Owning a property has never been part of my paradigm anyway,i grew up dirt poor and am fairly poor as an adult too-so the concept of property ownership is a rather foreign one to me.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I would do it.

With one exception, the location would HAVE to be by a river.

edit on 5 15 2016 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I dunno. It's my opinion that you've got to have at least a little streak of bad-ass in you to make it living out of a van.

edit on 1552016 by Snarl because: Why not watch it in HD?> LOL

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Only if that van was parked by a river in the middle of a forest. Oh and it ran on h2o.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: PanPiper

exept for the fact that you have got kicked off this site and came back under a different name an avatar. so it is obvious you have an addiction to the internet ,and yes with proper funding you could live in a van and have internet. but you would never do it because your weak

I kinda like the site, offers a lot of information.. The reason i got kicked out is cause i see things differently from the freemasons lurking the site, it is not stranger than that.. I think anything that cant withhold an transparent image to an outside crowd is a parasite on society.. And it really does not matter if you think you "hold the truth" to the creator..
People hate getting caught with their fingers down the cookie jar.. I just point that out, makes life so much more fun..

Where i live, in the great Nordic, we have a connection to the internet wherever we go for a fee of about 50 dollars a month.. And it does not matter where i am in the world..

And if you are trying to insult me and calling me weak.. it kinda does not work, people usually talk more than they deliver..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

well freedom comes to some at birth, others just build themselves a bigger prison and decorate it..

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

A workmate of mine did just that.He is 57 years old,divorced his wife got a 30 year old girlfriend and a motor home.
He parks were ever he likes,gets rid of his rubbish at work and fills up with water at work.
He seems to be having the time of his life

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

YES MATE, i'm not a snob and at my age it would be great fun to meet fun new people.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Friend, all humans have that streak of bad ass, even you...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've noticed the tiny house is becoming all the rage too. Some are really cute but I think we would need two hooked together. Were both too old to climb a ladder to get into bed

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I've never lived in a van. But I have lived in an apartment and let me tell you that it just damn awful. Neighbors playing boom boom music so loud it makes the building shake. Punks lounging in the stairwells. Panhandlers hassling women in the parking lots. Pit bulls everywhere. And we were living in a "nice" area!
I can't afford the house I own now, to be truthful. But I refuse to raise my children in an apartment or in anything that comes close to what we experienced. Once they are grown, however, I know my wife and I will not be able to keep the house. And I am not too keen on going back to apartment living. So maybe we will end up living in a van!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join