It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's called thinking!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
When I was a little boy I remember asking my father something like... Why do I suddenly get ideas? and he said it's called thinking.

I figured it was normal and ignored it. Occasionally things would happen which were weird. One time when I was a kid someone walked past me and I thought something insulting about and they instantly turned and gave me a dirty look. Another time we were driving and someone was walking far of ahead and I suddenly thought they were going to turn around and wave at me. Then creepishly he did with a really weird smile.

I'm pretty sure at this point in my life it's not just thinking. I think something is putting ideas in my mind somehow or sometimes I get ideas about the near future.

Does anyone else have that happen? It's been happening for as long as I can remember but I never thought about it much.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Staygaf

I can relate to those feelings. Also when you have really dark thoughts pop out of nowhere which you cannot believe you thought of as it does not fit in with your character/personalty. Sometimes I get the feeling that we are being bombarded, subliminally, with information which we would object to if given the choice to ponder over. It's really strange.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Some say events that impact us on a higher level send stronger ripples through time that our mind picks up on times. Harnessing that is another story.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

A 'pervasion'-occupying of the same space- by souls both with and/or without bodies.

It can be both negative and positive. A close friend or a marital partner. You think it, they immediately say it......many egs

Some label it the 'connectivity' between us all. I see that connectivity as almost like a radio signal. The closer the 'station' the stronger the signal.....
It depends a lot the power/sensitivity of the receiver.....

edit on 15-5-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Here is a post I did back in 2015 re: Bell's Theorem.

Irish physicist John Stuart Bell showed in what has become known as 'Bell's Theorem' that any two atoms, once having encountered each other, will FOREVER be connected or have an influence on each other, regardless of their location or distance from each other. This universal connection is outside the realm of cause and effect. Physicists consider cause/effect to be bounded by the speed of light. The effect Bell describes is superluminal- faster than the speed of light.

The implication of Bell's Theorem is profound. It implies what the Mystic states: the universe is connected, there is no true separation, what occurs 'here' may instantly have an effect on 'there'. Bell's work indicates an effect that is outside of causation, outside of process, outside of time. It indicates a quality which is described by science, but cannot be explained by science. Science has gone past its own understanding.

• Doing Nothing- Coming to the End of the Spiritual Search. Steven Harrison pg.116-117

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Maybe not "thinking" but rather; There has been studies on the phenomena of knowing someone is staring at you sometimes known as scopaesthesia. Whether full proof or valid in the overall science community it may be of interest to look into.

This would be a case where they are facing you.

There's a system in our brains that detects where others are looking, and can tell the difference between when someone is looking directly at you or is just looking over your shoulder. According to Psychology Today, "Studies that record the activity of single brain cells find that particular cells fire when someone is staring right at you, but—amazingly—not when the observer's gaze is averted just a few degrees to the left or right of you (then different cells fire instead)."

Source

While, "staring from behind",

The idea was first explored by psychologist Edward B. Titchener in 1898 during a series of laboratory experiments that found only negative results.[1] It has been the subject of contemporary attention from parapsychologists and fringe researchers, most notably Rupert Sheldrake.[2][3][4]

Source

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My daughter and her best friend spent almost a year apart because of an argument.Before that they were friends for many years.I assumed they'd outgrown each other.Then one evening a while ago i was sitting by my pc when i got the urge to artistically process a portrait of her,taken before their falling out.About 3 days later she contacted my daughter out of the blue and came over,and their friendship picked right up and is now stronger than ever.

About 10 days ago i ran into an aquaintance of mine in the town.Her mother approached and passed us on the way to their car.I got a weird feeling that she was not long for this world,i didn't know why but i even mentioned it to my husband.A few days after that my aquaintance texted me to tell me that her mother passed on that morning.So ya one does get "ideas" sometimes.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
well in my opinion all this is just a part of our intuitive side, some have it more some less.
when we were kids, we were all more in tune with it, until we stopped using it...

but it is not gone,
it has just become background noise most of the time for many adults.
edit on 1463372527522May225223116 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Somehow when all people around you keep telling you that what you perceive as a child is illusion and shouldnt talk about it, you give up unconsciously. It is brainwashing. Egos at work, not accepting that someone else can perceive something unconceivable from their limited perspective because materialism centered. They unconsciously crush the child's purity, it's rather sad in fact. Same goes with animals.

But it's even worse. To ensure that kids really cannot develop their spiritual nature and bond with the spiritual/magical aspect of the world, false stories like santa were created. WHat's santa have anything to do with that you ask? Thats plain nasty. By telling the child that such a fantasy exists, which trigger his imagination, it's somehow like nurturing his innocence not yet destroyed by education and brainwashed family. TO better destroy it once you tell them it was bull#. Do you see the logic? Plain ugly. A seemingly harmless fairy tale hides a disgusting dream/mind/innocence breaking tool.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: _damon

whaat, santa is not reaal?

yeah,
I have not consider it in that context, but I see what you mean.

inject false imagination and crush it together with real imagination...
how cruel!

I will say this much, as it is besides the point of a thread.
But all this false games we like to play as society on many levels,
has to have originated from somewhere...
and suddenly what David Icke and few other are saying seems not at all that weird about parasites etc...,
when you consider real spiritual nature of reality any how it is treated today in modern society.

But on the other hand, there is a lot of priceless info on internet and if one is curious enough one will realize the nightmarish fantasy we live in modern society, and try to pull out and start to again cultivate our natural faculties of intuition and others...we had when we were kids...

we have at least that going for us and all is not last,
I like to be optimistic....

top topics

join