It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools reject Obama transgender decree: ‘Straight into the paper shredder’

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I really don't have any more time tonight to devote to this but if you want I will find some materials on values clarification and also common core/sex ed materials
have to say good night for now.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Phage

I really don't have any more time tonight to devote to this but if you want I will find some materials on values clarification and also common core/sex ed materials
have to say good night for now.

I bet they will link to a Right Wing Christian site.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I thought you liked to read all sides of an issue.

Right Wing Christian site or Left Wing Atheist site.....both have opinions and information.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Believe it or not we have read every side.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: queenofswords

Believe it or not we have read every side.

LOL - - it is funny they think we pick and choose - - - instead of seriously research.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Identity can't be divided up into sub-identities. A thing is a thing, not a bunch of different things. When you say chair, you're speaking of the whole thing. The chair in it's entirety might be composed of wood, paint, and countless atoms, but the chair itself is a single thing, has a single identity if you will-- the chair.

Blue is not an identity. There are blue flowers, blue waters, blue skies, but there's no "blue" just floating around in space.

Likewise, male isn't an identity. There isn't a creature called "male" I can shake hands with. There's no pure male quintessence, and male doesn't exist on its own. It's a trait expressed by living organisms that express countless other traits.

Everyone has one identity, not a list of them. You are your identity, that's it. There's no gender identity, racial identity, sexual identity, occupational identity, etc. People aren't a bunch of identities, they're just one, that being themselves. There's no need to try and boil people down to the barest description.

Yes I'm focusing on semantics, but words lose all their function and value when they start taking on opposing meanings. Identity is one of those words being misused and abused. Ask someone what their identity is, and they proudly list for you a number of adjectives and labels as if that's enough; they're wrong, because ultimately there's only one real answer to the question.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Sargeras

Since you demonstrate a complete lack of understanding as to what "gender identity" is actual defined as, you could probably give us the answer to your question.

I would be willing to wager any amount of money that were some hairy ape of a man to announce "I'm a woman today" for the sole purpose of using a women's locker room, he would wind up arrested and lose whatever court battle ensued.

Since announcing one is feeling like a woman this Tuesday is not, strangely enough, what gender identity means.

Actually announcing that you feel like the other sex is EXACTLY what "geder identity" (ridiculous term) means. Please, give me any other realistic definition. You're saying it's a permanent feeling? Your saying no one has ever regretted being trans or stopped being trans at some point in there life? The only thig that makes someone "trans gender" in this letters veiw is what they say they i.d as. That's it.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

This is a lovely post. I have no idea what the hell it means. What's your "identity"? No list now - you only get to pick one.

Why, when we are discussing facets of personality and psychological make up, would we not specify those elements we are talking about when it is indeed the combination of those adjectives that make a whole.

You are right, male isn't an "identity", it refers to anatomical sex. On the other hand, "man" or "boy" are identities. They're also genders. Masculine and feminine are qualities we assign to the expressions of gender.

Language evolves. Usage changes. "Gender identity" refers to a person's own internalized sense of being a boy/man, girl/woman. Everyone has this sense of self of being one or the other or sometimes neither or both. You can't really tell someone they don't know what they are to themselves. How could you?

How a person outwardly displays their internalized sense of what they are or how they present themselves to be perceived by others is called their gender expression. Are these such radical terms and concepts you have to get lost in semantics because you fail to keep up with a discussion? It's just a diversion.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
a reply to: Talorc

This is a lovely post. I have no idea what the hell it means. What's your "identity"? No list now - you only get to pick one.

Why, when we are discussing facets of personality and psychological make up, would we not specify those elements we are talking about when it is indeed the combination of those adjectives that make a whole.

You are right, male isn't an "identity", it refers to anatomical sex. On the other hand, "man" or "boy" are identities. They're also genders. Masculine and feminine are qualities we assign to the expressions of gender.

Language evolves. Usage changes. "Gender identity" refers to a person's own internalized sense of being a boy/man, girl/woman. Everyone has this sense of self of being one or the other or sometimes neither or both. You can't really tell someone they don't know what they are to themselves. How could you?

How a person outwardly displays their internalized sense of what they are or how they present themselves to be perceived by others is called their gender expression. Are these such radical terms and concepts you have to get lost in semantics because you fail to keep up with a discussion? It's just a diversion.

I really appreciate this post because it is the clearest explanation of all the new language concerning gender identity. Thank you.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

We must protect the ones and the loners no matter what they do.

Unless of course it is a conservative idea then we must persecute and destroy the low-sum bigot scum.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
Right.
Ignore it. Maybe it will go away. Just pretend that transgendered aren't really people. That way everyone is happy.

Who said they aren't really people?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc
Unless of course it is a conservative idea then we must persecute and destroy the low-sum bigot scum.

Persecute and Destroy. Right.

More and more I am agreeing with the theory that while liberals and conservatives use the same language/words, our definitions are wildly different and that is why we can't have a conversation about anything.
edit on 16-5-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Good post

They don't say I want to be a girl/boy, they say they ARE a girl/boy. When this is expressed consistently, persistently and insistently over time, that's when professionals start considering gender dysphoria.

This is the thing - isn't it?

I am. Doesn't get any more profound than that

Thing of it is - if people were at all observant they would see that they really are what they say they are. We can't fake that - but even if we could we'd still be left with the question - why?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

More and more I am agreeing with the theory that while liberals and conservatives use the same language/words, our definitions are wildly different and that is why we can't have a conversation about anything.

Well - there is that

But this topic concerns us all. Every one of us that still believes in human rights

You do believe in human rights don't you?

That isn't a trick question - and my language is plain

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

“I got news for President Barack Obama,” Texas’ Port Neches-Groves Superintendent Rodney Canvass told 12News. “He ain’t my president and he can’t tell me what to do. The letter is going straight into the paper shredder.”

"I got news for" and "He ain't my president"...LMFAO!!!! This guy is a superintendent of schools????? Hey guys wanna have some fun?? Go ahead say those two lines in your best hillbilly voice, I laugh every time oh and for good measure top it off with a good hee-haaaw.

Would you be able to tell me the difference between making fun of a transgender person or making fun of someone from the south? Because I'm having a hard time distinguishing one bigotry from the other.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Would you be able to tell me the difference between making fun of a transgender person or making fun of someone from the south? Because I'm having a hard time distinguishing one bigotry from the other.

So - there's room for some political correctness?

Those are not fighting words - honest question

I notice that southerners have been a little extra touchy lately - it's hands off the south now?

edit on 5/16/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ketsuko

They have always been there.

So why do we need a law that tells them they're not allowed to be there anymore?

We don't. And if the LGBT crowd had not tried to enact a pointless law in Charlotte, none of this would have occurred.
It's really important to understand why this all came about. Blaming right wing Christians for reacting to something geared toward pissing them off is a bit unfair.

All this was not an issue before the Charlotte law.

If HB2 came about BEFORE the Charlotte mess, the LGBT community would have every right to be angry. They don't, and they are being dishonest about the anger. But nobody seems to care about the facts, just the feelings.
edit on 16-5-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I notice that southerners have been a little extra touchy lately - it's hands off the south now?

If you were pigeonholed as a racist homophobe before you could open your mouth, it might piss you off a bit as well, but you aren't, so it's fair to say you just don't get it.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well let's be honest about that. It was more the Charlotte mayor than anybody else. Prior to her the bathroom thing was going nowhere. She took the opportunity to take what was a reasonable ordinance and tack the bathroom portion on to it.

And boom went the dynamite.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join