It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Transgender Restroom Debate Deflated In A Few Short Sentences

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Nyiah

The vast majority of Americans, if left to come to their own conclusions, ultimately don't give a flying turd who drops one where in the heat of the bowel movement. Quit acting like such a special snowflake, princess. Everybody s#s, everybody pisses. The only thing offensive in shared bathrooms is foul odors.

Does this extend to locker rooms? Showers? If not, why?

Are you not aware that many college dorms in the Unites States have coed showers? It isn't an issue there. Why is it an issue for you personally? Can you personally not control your impulses?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll

originally posted by: Sargeras
a reply to: craig732

If you say so...

But just so you know, here in America, there is no such thing as a " family locker room" where everyone just disrobes as a family unit with other family units.... That is actually fairly disturbing honestly.

That's what I was thinking..but I was also thinking that maybe I'm just a really sheltered person haha..

I guess it depends on where you live or where you go. Here in New York most of the YMCAs I go to have family locker rooms. There are private changing stalls in them; some people choose to use them and others don't. Sometimes my family will change out in the open, sometimes we will use the stalls. It all has to do with respecting others. If there are others in the locker room that appear uncomfortable with public nudity we use the stalls. The YMCA has no official policy on the issue and leaves it up to each member's personal preference.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I'm giving my opinion in the form of a story:

I once went to a namebrand store, and saw that there was a beer in the "single" section that normally should have been in a six pack; 5 were lined up behind it. So, when I went to purchase, I had to meet with the product manager. Seeing as neither he nor I could find the missing sixth bottle, I asked him: "Which would be more hassle: Letting me buy this one bottle, or hide 5 somewhere hoping that the 6th bottle comes in?"

In context to the above, I'll ask a similar question: Which is harder - having someone that looks extremely "man-ish" using the ladies bathroom in full public (and a person that looks like a lady using a guy's room) and finding some way to tell that the person is breaking the law, or letting someone that looks 100% like the gender use the bathroom that matches the gender?

Between the two, I'd find it more disturbing if I saw some hairy bloke waltzing into the ladies room, and equally as disturbing if I saw a lady going into the men's room.

And, I hate to break it to people stuck on the whole "well, a person could claim they are trans and do something to person x", but exactly how long has this issue been going on before the bill was introduced? I'd think those very same people would have committed the crime anyway, just not in a bathroom. Finally - as with anything in this world, even if this argument were valid...why let a few bad apples spoil the bunch?

-foss

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Every person who has a problem with trans people and are making a big fuss over this bathroom issue is really doing themselves a big disservice. I will explain.

Take black people and the way they were treated even after slavery. Everyone who had a problem with black people made the black peoples lifes hell. They could not just let them be equals. The result? Black people where basically forced by bigots to band together and start a movement. A movement that made sure to be up and in your face. Bigots and racists where the sole factor that birthed the black rights and black pride movement. If you just allowed to be equals in the first place so many things would be different.

Then you have the gays. If people did not treat them like they did they would of never banded together and sure to be up and in your face. If bigots just let them be equal we would not have gay pride parades, or all the gay characters in TV and movies being portrayed as "flamboyant" as they are today. No, if you just let them have their rights and live their lives, they and the black people would of just been another ingredient added to the mix that is American. But no, you had to hate and your hate made them stronger and in your face.

Now we have the trans issue. If you are a bigot that hates trans people guess what the out come of your hate will be? They will band together and create a movement just like black people and gay people before them and they will be in your face about it. You as a bigot will then have a harder time then if you just let them have their equal rights and equality.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

If you say so...

But just so you know, here in America, there is no such thing as a " family locker room" where everyone just disrobes as a family unit with other family units.... That is actually fairly disturbing honestly.

In short, WTF is wrong with you?

You want men oogling your female children? And your wife?

Keep that weirdo crap in your country of origin, we don't need your idiotic lifestyle here!

So, I've been wondering....

Has hand washing become sexually exciting for Americans now too? Like breast feeding or something?
Is that why people get upset about the idea of washing hands next to someone of the opposite gender (or their children doing so?)

Or

Do bathrooms there now have toilets all out in the open, where everyone can watch everyone else pull down their pants?

I moved out of the country many years ago, and it wasn't like that back then, but perhaps it has changed?

Yes, we have huge mixed bathrooms and changing rooms here in Europe. For using the toilet, showering, or changing clothes, we have separate stalls. That way kids can stay with their parents present. whole families stick together. No one has to send their child off alone because they are of the opposite sex.

But also, because you have whole families in there, if anyone accosted a child (well, went beyond the handwashing) everyone around would go ape# on them.

Unless there is a logical explanation, like handwashing being considered a sex act, or no more stalls, I can't help but think this issue is just a distraction. What else is going on that people are not paying attention to while they get all worked up on this?????
edit on 16-5-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
If it's such a massive deal, just use the disabled toilet, blame your mental disability if questioned

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Has hand washing become sexually exciting for Americans now too? Like breast feeding or something?
Is that why people get upset about the idea of washing hands next to someone of the opposite gender (or their children doing so?)

Or

Do bathrooms there now have toilets all out in the open, where everyone can watch everyone else pull down their pants?

Puritanical nonsense going on over here - it won't be long before we're no different from Saudi Arabia

I'm surprised we're all allowed to ride in the same buses
edit on 5/16/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I feel you. This site has become a joke where the lowest common denominator prevails over logic, wisdom, and careful thought. The mods have lost control or they promote abusive language and behavior. Look at nearly every topic here. It revolves around calling liberal minded people names with zero regard for an honest debate. It's hard to take anyone seriously here as it has become a hiding place for the most aggressive and borderline domestic terrorist mindsets. Jared Loughner didn't post here for no reason. He found this place because it is a haven for his kind. I used to love reading about conspiracy theories and alien stuff here, but no one contributes anything new or interesting to that area. Now I come to laugh at the fearful and hostile nature of the common ATS poster. I am actually voting libertarian this coming election and even I was physically threatened here. Did the mods do anything? Nope. They condone it and could care less about the average posters experience on ATS. It's all about protecting the lowest common denominator. People who don't believe in education and promote ignorance as a way of life. It's fast becoming one of the largest cesspools of racists and xenophobic discussion centers (if you want to call any of it a discussion) on the Internet.
edit on 16-5-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Teaching your children well is correct. But it will be hard to do with the media always talking on the subject and glamorizing the subject as if its ok to be a wacko.
I dont have a problem with transgender people as long as when they are born. Thwy need to make that decision whether thwy want to be a man or woman. This bulls--t like that jenner guy living most If his life as a man. All if a sudden wants to be a women. Now that is where i say they need there own restrooms. reply to: craig732

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Truthurtz209
T
I dont have a problem with transgender people as long as when they are born. Thwy need to make that decision whether thwy want to be a man or woman.

So an infant is supposed to make a decision as to whether they want to me a man or woman?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join