It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Transgender Restroom Debate Deflated In A Few Short Sentences

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I truly don't understand why anyone cares who uses what restroom. Gay men are in the restroom with your sons and lesbian women are in the restroom with your daughters all the time and this is not an issue. Why is it all of a sudden a big deal with transgendered people?

If transgenders have to use the restrooms that match their private parts... you are okay with your son peeing in the same restroom with a dude in a dress but if it is your daughter somehow she will become corrupted?

Also, people have been using unisex restroom in college dorms and in other countries for a long time without issue. Why are YOU so uptight about it?

My son is 10 and my daughter is 11. They both have been taught what to do if ANYONE, of ANY sex, no matter how they are dressed, ANYWHERE... restrooms, kitchens, school, the park, the bus, wherever, touches them or speaks to them inappropriately.

We go in the family locker room at the YMCA and see people of both gender nude and no one loses their mind.

Teach your children well and this wont be an issue.
edit on 14-5-2016 by craig732 because: I felt like it

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: craig732

None of this is actually anything to do with my opinion but ...

It's frankly because men are associated with violence and predatory behaviors such as serial killing of most demographics. People don't want to be vulnerable around men if they're not men.

That's it. Is the elephant in toilet cubicle, but is exactly what it is.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I agree it is a non issue.

Quite simply....

One bathroom is equipped with special items designed for people with penises, like urinals.

The other bathroom is for people with vaginas and has special equipment designed to help with those parts.

To cure the whole silly debate ... just make up new door signs.

One door will have a penis and the other a vagina.

How you wish to draw those is anyone's guess.

It is all so simple.

P

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
And...don't forget the other laws that are written into the this law that have nothing to do with bathrooms. The passing of this also passes other requirements for other topics...all on one swoop.

+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

If you say so...

But just so you know, here in America, there is no such thing as a " family locker room" where everyone just disrobes as a family unit with other family units.... That is actually fairly disturbing honestly.

In short, WTF is wrong with you?

You want men oogling your female children? And your wife?

Keep that weirdo crap in your country of origin, we don't need your idiotic lifestyle here!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm feeling a bit kinky today. Might go put on a short skirt, sexy lacy knickers and head into the female toilet.

Hey, whats wrong with my beard?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sargeras

Personally, I find your response bloody funny.

On the other hand and very seriously, you have every right to feel that way, every right in the world. I would defend that right.

Perhaps, Men, Women, Everyone Else.

Three bathrooms where Europe needs but one.

But it is these differences that should be celebrated, not shunned.

Privacy should be available for those who need or want it.

P

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
yeah if you have a dick and can piss standing up with or without breast augmentation or a dress you go to the mens room, if you have other stuff you go to the lounge called the ladies room. If you cant figure out how it works in public or are confused use the uni sex shi**er at the truck stop. It really is stupid, I never knew anyone growing up having a sexual identity crisis I think this is social engineering at a corporate level, make up is selling like crazy.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
THANK YOU OP, for bringing SENSE to an issue, where I am absolutely flummoxed at the degree to which people are becoming mentally unhinged.

It's like no one has ever actually been in a bathroom before - everyone worried about assaults - when REEKY, STINKY BATHROOMS are the LEAST conducive to sexual thought or desire. Honestly people!

I am pretty sure also, that assaults - which can occur ANYWHERE - are already against the law.

Clearly no one has ever attended a concert or a nightclub in their life, either.

As a female, taking one look at the insanely long lines for our bathrooms, I have never had a problem nor a complaint when I have accessed the non-existing line for the men's bathrooms at the above venues. I have not felt "worried for my safety". People entering a bathroom are doing so because they need to PEE.

Oh the humanity! /end massive eyeroll

S&F for you craig732 , for seeing through the crazy-making.

edit on 15-5-2016 by MoonBlossom because: Spelling

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

some females take pride in being 50% of the population and 80% the most intelligent, if you ever feel uncomfortable, my roomie and the woman that owns this house and taught me to be a welder since I was about 11, biker bitch and tough as #, when my mom was worried about getting hers at the bars, took me in, once smacked a dude that grabbed her tit with her fritzer helmet and knocked out quite a bit of the dudes teeth and then stomped him at the boothill saloon told me, don't worry Kyle you will find love but not like that.
Gender Identity is not something kids should be worried about, propose a question, kids think, being gay that is something else but this trans # is social engineering. Talking about this and the femnazi BS is a loss because people think its a thing.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Unfortunately I fear that this will be taken advantage of and used by more predators than actual transgender people (who make up

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras

If you say so...

But just so you know, here in America, there is no such thing as a " family locker room" where everyone just disrobes as a family unit with other family units.... That is actually fairly disturbing honestly.

Keep that weirdo crap in your country of origin, we don't need your idiotic lifestyle here!

Well, from your tagline, Sargeras, I know you like "crushing special snowflakes" - but as long as the OP has not moved, they are apparently from NY, which, last I checked was in America.

A quick Google shows that family locker rooms do indeed exist there, as a Yelp review from the West Side YMCA clearly states, and from 2013 no less - second review down:

www.yelp.ca...

Maybe you need to get out more...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Sargeras

Personally, I find your response bloody funny.

On the other hand and very seriously, you have every right to feel that way, every right in the world. I would defend that right.

Perhaps, Men, Women, Everyone Else.

Three bathrooms where Europe needs but one.

But it is these differences that should be celebrated, not shunned.

Privacy should be available for those who need or want it.

P

The vast majority of Americans do not want men in womens bathrooms or locker rooms, yet we have this being jammed down our throats because 1/30th of 1% of people are mentally ill.....

Last time I checked, an entire society doesn't upend long standing customs to pander to a minority so small it might as well not even exist.

These people need help not placed on a pedestal.

I hope every fruit loop supporting this has nothing but trans kids, then they won't reproduce and this retardation will die as it should, and the rest of us regular folks can just get on with life without these mentally ill idiots.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

you SEEM to have forgoten that people with penises also need to defacate too

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom

If you say so...

Well, from your tagline, Sargeras, I know you like "crushing special snowflakes" - but as long as the OP has not moved, they are apparently from NY, which, last I checked was in America.

A quick Google shows that family locker rooms do indeed exist there, as a Yelp review from the West Side YMCA clearly states, and from 2013 no less - second review down:

www.yelp.ca...

Maybe you need to get out more...

Yes, I should take my children out so we can all get naked together ( isn't this a felony in most states?) with random naked strangers....

Lol, me thinks NO!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Well just my humble opinion.
If bathrooms are such a non-issue then I guess the trans people should have nothing to worry about the status quo or a reason to change something. Just to keep doing what they've done so far, restrooms are safe for everybody, everywhere. Right?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Yes, I should take my children out so we can all get naked together ( isn't this a felony in most states?) with random naked strangers....

Lol, me thinks NO!

Well, as my post above shows, the YMCA in your US of A doesn't seem to think it's a felony - or they would not have provided the family locker rooms in the first place - and they were doing it years before any mandate made them.

But of course you should raise your family however should please, same goes for other folks.

To some nudity is just how we are born, and to others it is an...issue. As are apparently bathrooms. lol

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

I don't think that all trans people worry about bathrooms, as they have long been using whichever one applies to their esthetic. And no one was the wiser.

The legislators however, DO know how to divide the people, and direct their attention away from ACTUAL issues, and the people fall for it once again...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom
a reply to: WhiteHat

I don't think that all trans people worry about bathrooms, as they have long been using whichever one applies to their esthetic. And no one was the wiser.

The legislators however, DO know how to divide the people, and direct their attention away from ACTUAL issues, and the people fall for it once again...

No!!

As soon as we get used to seeing men enter women's bathrooms, we will obviously see a dramatic rise in issues.

Every single society on earth separated the sexes thousands of years ago for obvious reasons.

How crazy are you?

Judging by your posts I would say "clinically ".

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

It's frankly because men are associated with violence and predatory behaviors

And there are numbers to back that up.
Spot on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join