It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgenderism and why America is slowly falling apart

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Totally bizarre.

Just 2 months ago I had no clue there WAS an issue with Transgender people and bathrooms. Then, cue a group in North Carolina, headed by a man (who is a convicted sex offender) and voila, poooof...National discussion.

And now, Federal MANDATE...by Obama...over taxpayers who actually fund their neighborhoods schools. And he then 'directs' the next day, that medical services under Obamacare MUST apply new 'gender' rules.

in TWO MONTHS?? This is the quickest Federal charge I've seen in all my years over something that just came up.

What happened?
edit on 191pm3110America/Chicago15CDT10America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: queenofswords

You have this issue backwards. Transgender people look like the opposite sex. The law you support would actually promote people who look like men walking into the women's restroom.

Also, come to Los Angeles some time and I'll take you to WEHO, NOHO, Vine street, Sunset at night...and we'll see how many "Trannies" we can spot.

Hint : There's a lot. And many are NOT feminine. They're on drugs. They have multiple mental issues. They're broke. And they aren't fully 'transitioned'

Cross dressers and Drag Queens are not transgenders.

Gender Dysphoria is recognized as a medical condition. Not an act.

Wait. So it's either a medical condition (and therefore could fall under mental illness), or it's what they've always been since birth. Which is it Annee?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

For someone who likes freedom, are you sure you aren't on the wrong side of the bathroom issue? You should be supporting a transgender person's right to use the restroom of their choice. And for someone who loves others, why are you so against transgenders? They are people too.

But that would remove their freedom to oppress. That's the most important freedom of all. I must have missed that lesson on Sesame Street but it seems to be the general consensus among certain demographics.

The freedom to # on the freedoms of others. I think?

Tell me. Before this whole national 'bathroom' discussion...what stories of "oppression" did you hear in the news?

I literally can't remember ONE. I had no clue it was even an issue. NOW?? "Federal Mandate"...just 2 months later

WTF?

Oh my word... it wasn't an issue. You've been doing your numbers one and two next to trans folk for decades. Nobody cared. So you tell me why it's suddenly a national crisis. Because it sure as hell weren't the trans people saying "Hey, can you guys legislate against me so I can get urinary tract infections holding in my pee because I don't want to get arrested or assaulted for using the bathroom?"

Do you seriously think trans people and liberals suddenly made this into an issue?

Honestly, I think it's more than simple coincidence that conservatives decided to do this right after marriage equality happened. They need a new witch to hunt. The queerer, the better.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: queenofswords
Obama and other lib politicians love to stir their liberal base up by blowing these social issues up into great big divisive elephant-size matters. They get them screaming and jumping up and down like emotional wackos railing against all who have a difference of opinion or would at least like a discussion about things that affect families and communities.

In their hyperbolic tantrums, the wackos focus on these matters and take our focus off what is really going on in this administration. Get the attention away from the graft and corruption and abuses of power and onto hurt feelings and divisions.

But... It's the conservatives ranting about "them queer folk in the wrong bathrooms".

And you guys are ranting about the need for thirteen different bathrooms...

Where?

Firstly, don't lump me in with the tools who think they can just string words together to create their own color by number gender. There's 3 bathrooms: Men's, Women's, Unisex.

Secondly, there's no secondly, because you didn't give me anything to refute, you just made things up.

Hate to break it to you, but you're lumping yourself in.

Tools? Aren't they people just like transgenders??

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

For someone who likes freedom, are you sure you aren't on the wrong side of the bathroom issue? You should be supporting a transgender person's right to use the restroom of their choice. And for someone who loves others, why are you so against transgenders? They are people too.

But that would remove their freedom to oppress. That's the most important freedom of all. I must have missed that lesson on Sesame Street but it seems to be the general consensus among certain demographics.

Tell me. Before this whole national 'bathroom' discussion...what stories of "oppression" did you hear in the news?

I literally can't remember ONE. I had no clue it was even an issue. NOW?? "Federal Mandate"...just 2 months later

WTF?

Oh my word... it wasn't an issue. You've been doing your numbers one and two next to trans folk for decades. Nobody cared. So you tell me why it's suddenly a national crisis. Because it sure as hell weren't the trans people saying "Hey, can you guys legislate against me so I can get urinary tract infections holding in my pee because I don't want to get arrested or assaulted for using the bathroom?"

Do you seriously think trans people and liberals suddenly made this into an issue?

Honestly, I think it's more than simple coincidence that conservatives decided to do this right after marriage equality happened. They need a new witch to hunt. The queerer, the better.

Okay, so can someone link me to the data which shows there was some disproportionate amount , or ANY amount, of Trannies being booted out of bathrooms to begin with??

If they "BLEND IN"....then who caught them? Noticed them?

Like I've asked multiple times, when did this become a 'thing'?
edit on 195pm3110America/Chicago15CDT10America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Moonshinne

Yikes! I pretty agree with you, sir, but I do hope you brought your asbestos underwear ...

Oh and

Make 'em stiif. You might need them when all is said and done in this thread.

link   

You have this issue backwards. Transgender people look like the opposite sex. The law you support would actually promote people who look like men walking into the women's restroom.

Also, come to Los Angeles some time and I'll take you to WEHO, NOHO, Vine street, Sunset at night...and we'll see how many "Trannies" we can spot.

Hint : There's a lot. And many are NOT feminine. They're on drugs. They have multiple mental issues. They're broke. And they aren't fully 'transitioned'

Wait. So it's either a medical condition (and therefore could fall under mental illness), or it's what they've always been since birth. Which is it Annee?

Gender is in the brain. The brain tells you who you are. Sometimes the brain and physical packaging don't match.

Gender Dysphoria is listed on purpose as a medical/mental condition specifically so that insurance will cover the needs to transition (if so desired).

link   

WTF?

Okay, so can someone link me to the data which shows there was some disproportionate amount , or ANY amount, of Trannies being booted out of bathrooms to begin with??

Wait... what do you think the bathroom laws in North Carolina do, exactly?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

WTF?

What I wanna know is what were they doing years ago, before all this, when they needed to use the bathroom.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Somebody did, and it wasn't conservatives. It's not like we wake up and think, "Hey! Let's just think about ways we can screw someone over today because they aren't like us."

Generally, we have other things to worry about like working and taking care of our families.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I know it's difficult for you to understand. Doctors and parents used to decide the sex of the intersex babies. If they grew up and identify as the opposite gender, would you say they're mentally ill?

Did you know that they tried to make religion a part of delusion in DSM?
edit on 5/14/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Generally, we have other things to worry about like working and taking care of our families.

Thank you. I think the Fundies brought this up because they are sore about the gay marriage and because it's the election year.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I know it's difficult for you to understand. Doctors and parents used to decide the sex of the intersex babies. If they grew up and identify as the opposite gender, would you say they're mentally ill?

I don't think he was talking about intersex babies. That's a whole different condition with a whole different set of issues.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Gender is in the brain. The brain tells you who you are. Sometimes the brain and physical packaging don't match.

Gender Dysphoria is listed on purpose as a medical/mental condition specifically so that insurance will cover the needs to transition (if so desired).

Gender is biological. A chemical imbalance is whats telling someone they feel different.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I was presenting it as an example because he was talking about transgenderism as a mental illness.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Who said anything about religion? I'm talking science. Or is this not real science? Do we pick and choose which science is legitimate now?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Obama and other lib politicians love to stir their liberal base up by blowing these social issues up into great big divisive elephant-size matters. They get them screaming and jumping up and down like emotional wackos railing against all who have a difference of opinion or would at least like a discussion about things that affect families and communities.

In their hyperbolic tantrums, the wackos focus on these matters and take our focus off what is really going on in this administration. Get the attention away from the graft and corruption and abuses of power and onto hurt feelings and divisions.

But... It's the conservatives ranting about "them queer folk in the wrong bathrooms".

And you guys are ranting about the need for thirteen different bathrooms...

Where?

Firstly, don't lump me in with the tools who think they can just string words together to create their own color by number gender. There's 3 bathrooms: Men's, Women's, Unisex.

Secondly, there's no secondly, because you didn't give me anything to refute, you just made things up.

Hate to break it to you, but you're lumping yourself in.
no, you quoted me and used the phrase "you guys", you included me.

Tools? Aren't they people just like transgenders??

No. You can identify as a male, a female or be lost somewhere in between; but thinks like a-genderism, pan-genderism, or trying to identify as "mostly female but still a little bit male so I've made up a new word" is just people seeking attention. You're born with genitals that match what your brain is telling you should be there or your not, trying to add what are inherently personality traits to the issue muddies waters that are already barely understood by the public at large and allows ignorant strawman statements like your 13 bathrooms fallacy.

link   

Yeah i'd like to know that too

Perhaps they just went under a tree/bush right annie?

link   

WTF?

What I wanna know is what were they doing years ago, before all this, when they needed to use the bathroom.

Good question. And now, two months later, Federal Mandate.

I guess they were exploding from spontaneous combustion or killing Unicorns out of anger.

I have no earthly clue.

Apparently, from the discussion, Transgender people were being herded into work camps somewhere secretly.

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I think they should've to be honest...It's a big part of where this intolerance and bigotry is bred in the U.S.
But that's a different discussion for another time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join