It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to all Christians?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No, I generally pray for His forgiveness, mercy and protection for everyone, including those who don't know they need, those who don't think they need, and those who'd spit on me for asking on their behalf.

I wouldn't wish Hell on my worst enemies if it's what we've all been told it is, and in the end, my prayer's may not be any good, but at least I've tried.
edit on 14-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: luciferslight

Why don't people just stop praying and just start making logical and informed choices?

You pray for those that leave you no other option. Being the most logical person ever going to stop the illogical problems of the world? What is wrong with praying before jumping out of an airplane or swimming in the ocean? Logic would dictate no extra risks, but then that would be boring.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Sounds very O.T, and we all know how Jesus and the O.t don't like each other. Or was that Christians and the O.T...These rules keep changing don't they.

Sounds like you are confused
Christians love the Old Testament as does Jesus who is God

There are no rules as to what you infer, the OT is and always will be the book of God for both Jew and Christian
It's the covenant that changed

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Sounds like one of those sects most of us wouldn't consider Christian, despite their claims. This is a new breed of fake Christianity to me, but ultimately no different than the ones who hate gays and/or women.

The simple and basic litmus test is, in my opinion, if it sounds like something Jesus would do, it's probably "Christian" - if it definitely does not, then it's most likely fake Christians.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
How about all those football games where the players get on one knee and beg God to help them beat the **** out of the other team? Or when in battle, pray God, who is on their side, the right side, help them kill as many of their enemy as they can? Is all prayer equal in God's "eyes?"

I don't think a true Christian prays for God to intervene in a football game, or to smite one's enemies. Guys pray for example, for the strength or focus to accomplish a task, or survive. Typically, unspoken or not, something along the lines, "if it be your will" is implied.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
How about all those football games where the players get on one knee and beg God to help them beat the **** out of the other team? Or when in battle, pray God, who is on their side, the right side, help them kill as many of their enemy as they can? Is all prayer equal in God's "eyes?"

Given the violence of the sport and the chance of injury, possibly life changing or threatening, I'd hazard a guess most of them are praying to come through the game safely more than praying to beat the crap out of their opponent, but there are all kinds.

I know when I was running, I was praying before every meet. I was praying for God to help me find my inner strength and compete at my best, NOT to win. You might call that splitting hairs, but it wasn't. There is always someone better than you out there, and if I ran into her, I wanted her to win against my best efforts, and if I lost or others lost, I wanted it be against my best, not a crap effort. I was also praying to come through safely. Hurdles aren't exactly a "safe" track event.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: TechniXcality

What, can't do both?

I don't understand why some people think prayer and reasoned action are mutually exclusive. They are actually highly complementary.

If Christians acted half as much as they prayed, our societies would be 10 times better than they are in various areas.
The reality is that most Christians think tweeting out "I'm praying" is doing something, when it's really not. Donate time or money, that would be a real help to those who need it.

Prayers don't fill a starving child's belly or inoculate them against Malaria, money does. Of course all those tax-exempt churches and the gold encrusted Vatican sitting on billions upon billions of $'s know this all too well.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

What, can't do both?

I don't understand why some people think prayer and reasoned action are mutually exclusive. They are actually highly complementary.

If Christians acted half as much as they prayed, our societies would be 10 times better than they are in various areas.
The reality is that most Christians think tweeting out "I'm praying" is doing something, when it's really not. Donate time or money, that would be a real help to those who need it.

Prayers don't fill a starving child's belly or inoculate them against Malaria, money does. Of course all those tax-exempt churches and the gold encrusted Vatican sitting on billions upon billions of $'s know this all too well.

The other problem is that people like you think that all we do is tweet. Actually I don't do that since I have never touched twitter.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Why don't people just stop praying and just start making logical and informed choices?

Have you ever met someone who has NEVER prayed once in their life?

We are built to pray.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

The prayer is the logical and informed choice.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I have prayed, Please God, let the people of the world, see the Truth, know the Truth, seek the Truth, believe the Truth and witness for the Truth, in the holy name of Jesus. The Truth can be quite devastating and shocking to someone who denies it.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

What, can't do both?

If politician's would not lie, not take care of their good old persons neteork, and not act out of self-interest it be a better world. If professional athletes would not chest it be a better world. If people would not stage fake racist graphitti it be a better world. If firefighters would not resort to arson so they can put out fires to be the hero........

I think Christians that need Jesus because they admit they are broken, pray because they are not perfect, and need help are the least of the world problems.

I think any politician, civic leader, business leader, religious leader acting out of self-interest is the problem........

Chridtians are supposed to be the body of God. The hands and Feet of God. Servents of God. Pray is only a small part and should be used constantly to keep you tuned into God.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

TextI am aware of the different denominations of Christianity and what they believe. However I was watching One Touch Ministry and Stanley told his following, to pray to God for misery upon someone, just to make them believe. Question: is Stanley wrong and should've reworded that prayer?

No one can overwrite the Creator. All salvation is by predestination through foreknowledge by the Holy Spirit. A prayer of that sort is not of the Creator. The Creator knows exactly what is needed for each to be saved and in many cases it is not very pleasant. For anyone to try to influence the Creator is not scriptural. No one knows the mind of the other and the one who is in denial may be in torment already without anyone knowing his/her torment. The proper prayer is that His (Creator's) will be done and not our will be done. At times love will work and other times a good spanking is needed but we are not to judge the action needed.
My opinion of course---

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
True Christians would never pray for such a thing on any person, whether a member of the faith or not.
Christ instructed is the opposite of what this preacher man is telling ones to do. His words are found here...Matthew 5:43-45

I think this man probably had good intentions but didn't have accurate knowledge as to what he was trying to get across. A true Christian would never want a person to suffer, but sometimes suffering humbles and awakens a spiritual part of an individual. I know it did with me. Maybe how he said it, came off weird. It did to me when I read your post.

One final thought too, is that, true Christians are instructed to imitate God at Ephesians 5:1. This is a God who is known to 'not desire anything bad for wicked ones' but for them to acquire a clear understanding of the truth. Ezekiel 33:11/2 Peter 3:9
Once reading those scriptures, a discerning individual can come to the conclusion that one must never wish or pray for suffering on anyone. In fact, it's counterproductive to tire Christian beliefs.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Donate time or money, that would be a real help to those who need it.

What makes you think they're not? Like I said, just because someone prays doesn't mean they aren't doing other things to help.

How long does it take to donate money? A few mouse clicks. Can't take a couple minutes to pray before or after? Is that wasting too much precious time? How about praying after spending all day helping out with disaster relief? Should that person get back on the sandbag line until she drops?

By the way, how much have you donated to charity this year? How much time have you spent clothing the naked and feeding the hungry?

I'm guessing not much, if any at all. Hopefully I'm wrong.
edit on 5/15/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

Sorry for my thread. If you're not Christian, then don't answer.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'll bite.

It is not possible to have a prayer for misery heeded. God hears all prayers, but He will not not acknowledge a prayer that is evil toward someone else. Such a prayer will cause misery to the one praying, because it is a perversion of God's Word.

On the other hand, praying to forgive someone who is committing evil against you will in all probability cause them to suffer. Of course, the words are just the vehicle, not the message, so just saying "please forgive them" while thinking "I hope they die from a thousand fireant stings" is no different than praying "please let them die from a thousand fireant stings."

I wouldn't suggest listening to that preacher.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Now let me see. There was that part where Jesus said something like" it is easier for a rich man to pass through the eye of a needle that to enter the kingdom of heaven".
Now no matter how you wrap that up he means the rich man is going to suffer cos he ain't going to heaven cos he's rich.
And if money is the root of all evil just why does the church keep asking for donations?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I think the exact translation is the love of money.... Anything that you put first other than God or blocks your relationship with God is a sin. The rich can go to heaven if they are good stewards. If you pass up the homeless to build a garage for an extra car, then your everlasting life's future might not be so bright.

Like it or not, money is a tool and now nessassery. You could live hand to mouth on your own land but if you cannot pay property tax here comes the government. Also, you are required to file how much you gift each year with the IRS. Not a problem with most, but you are only allowed to gift up to 10 million in the USA over a person's life. Only the government can put a cap on a person's generosity, but not their own spending. Sorta?

Give unto Caesars which is Caesars. Give to God which is God's.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

What, can't do both?

As a praying Christian, I have seen a lot of answered prayer. But I do take your point. James (the brother of Jesus by Mary) pointed out that "Faith without works, is dead"

You are, however, filtering things through a materialistic worldview.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join