It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Rule Forces Hospitals, Doctors Accepting Federal Funds to .......

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well, considering who the OP is, it doesn't hurt to double check the facts.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Well, considering who the OP is, it doesn't hurt to double check the facts.

You will notice that the actual document makes no reference to abortion, transgender issues, etc.

It does talk about equality before the law. I suppose that upsets a lot of folks.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yep. Appears to be a fake story. Leave it to Breitbart...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

but if your ob is equipped to do a hysterectomy and does them in some cases, then they should do them in other cases when it's "medically necessary" also. they can't refuse some hysterectomies because they don't agree with the why involved.... although I am sure many will still refuse to remove a healthy uterus from any women because it just doesn't sit well with their principles.

I just can't get into the whole lgbt or whatever thing... the more I look into it in these kinds of discussions, the more aware I am of just how dumb I am in the area.

for instance, I didn't know that the AMA has classified sex change procedures as medically necessary in some instances. and yes, I ran across many insurance companies, employers offering coverage for them. I accept that this world isn't the one I grew up in. it has morphed into something very different. many of the changes have been very beneficial to us...a few haven't. to me the lgbt thing seems to be rather in the neutral territory. I don't see where allowing them to life the way they wish is harming anyone else. as opposed to some hospitals in this country that are allowed to practice medicine they way they wish and force doctors to sit on their arses waiting for fetal heartbeats to stop while infections settle in and extend women's hospital stays with a nice visit to an icu unit!

I'll put up with the idea that sex change operations is a protected right if it will put a roadblock in the way of these hospitals and make them think twice about their policies!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What is curious to me is why Obama is suddenly crusading so hard for what seems to be a minuscule percentage of the population (.3 to .5% according to recent figures I have read)?

Why is he using the hammer of the threat of funding withdrawal from all schools and hospitals in America if they do not immediately accommodate this tiny segment of society - without any real in-depth public discussion of the issues involved, the formation of a generally accepted and understood definition of "at what point does a person become a "legal" transgender person", or what the implications are of these policy proclamations (where does this slippery slope take America in terms of entitlements to special programs and services)?

It almost seems like it is personal...are there people in Obama's family or social circle who are transgender, who have had some bad experiences that he feels strongly about redressing?

It seems quite odd that he would be so aggressively attacking such a divisive issue so late in his legacy - and so close to the election. This is pitting States against the Feds, local School Boards against Washington, Hospitals against Obama, consumers against business (witness the growing boycott of Target).

Just more ammunition for the GOP to use against the now radical left that the Democrat Party has increasingly become...he risks infuriating the American public to the point that it will elect a full slate of new-GOP Trumpite candidates - and thus having all of his "legacy" items reversed and replaced (Obamacare, Anti-Fossil Fuel Policies, Globalist Trade Deals, Lead From Behind Foreign Affairs, Anti-gun, Anti-cop, Pro Illegal Immigration, etc., etc.)

Strange....

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Perhaps we should step aside from Breitbart propaganda and read the actual statement from HHS: Summary: Final Rule Implementing Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act

Thank you for sharing!

The final rule also requires covered health programs and activities to treat individuals consistent with their gender identity.

I am assuming this whole rule is about the communication between a patient/doctor vs. actually treating them medically?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

What's odd about fighting discrimination?

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Not a thing. We should fight discrimination at every front. The way our democracy was set up to do. Our elected officials write laws and vote to pass them. Not the executive branch. Obama is not a king.

Why can't anyone see the problem here. It's not the issue he addressed that's the problem it's his illegal dictator like way of dealing with the issue. He can't just decree it to be so. Why even have a legislative branch of a government then. Just let King Obama say it into law.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

(where does this slippery slope take America in terms of entitlements to special programs and services)

you mean those special programs that give perks to married couples that unmarried couples don't get to enjoy and the like? maybe if some people hadn't had wanted to feel special in the eyes of the gov't to begin with, people wouldn't have to fight for the gov't to recognize their specialness now???

notice how our vp isn't running for pres, and have either of them voiced any support for any of the candidates running? and look at our choice of candidates, it's almost like they are there for comic relief and our entertainment pleasure. It wouldn't surprise me to see fail hillary plead guilty to whatever charges are drummed up against her and happily skip her way to jail and the free healthcare that she probably needs... having played her part as a decoy. in the end I think obama knows the mess that the US in end and that there is no way out of it that is survivable politically... so well, it's better if the crazy trump gets the prize, just like it was better that the black man gets the prize last time. less blame will come down on the two major parties that way when this mess blows up in our faces.

it's not a contest over which party can convince the population that they are the best pick, but rather, who can screw up the worse and convince the population the other guy is the better pick. no one wants the job!

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

He can't decree that discrimination won't be put up with by the Federal Government? The anti-discrimination laws were already passed by Congress. This rule is just reiterating that the existing laws must be followed. Duh.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Duh. They added NEW rules to an existing set of laws by mandating it. Not legal. You want new rules and standards for ANY law then rewrite a new bill and vote it into law. Your just ok with THIS particular dictator move because it's related to a personal cause of your own.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

What new rules? That you can't discriminate against someone on the basis of race, religion, nationality, sex? I don't think that's a new rule.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You didn't read it all then

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I imagine the various agencies add new rules more often than you think...
congress writes the laws, but it is the executive branch that is responsible for seeing to it that a system is set up that puts those laws into action...through the various agencies. and obama is like the ceo of all those agencies.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Point out the specific text from the government that proves me wrong.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

HHS allows no religious accommodation or exemption to its gender identity mandate or any other aspect of its new regulations.

The regulations will force many physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare providers to participate in sex-reassignment surgeries and treatments, even if it violates their religious beliefs or their best medical judgment.

Sex-specific health programs or activities are permissible only if the entity can demonstrate an exceedingly persuasive justification, that is, that the sex-specific health program or activity is substantially related to the achievement of an important health-related or scientific objective.

New rule added to a law without the law being rewritten. Just decreed by a president because he thinks he can do whatever he damn welL pleases.

If he wants to add new rules to ensure that no one is left out, awesome. But ya gotta do it the legal democratic way. All bow to the king

Would it be awesome if he said "all cars must get 80 miles to the gallon starting next year" well yes it would be. I would love if they got 80 miles to the gallon. Would it benefit all Americans? Oh certainly.
Can he just speak it into existence even if it would benefit us all?
Absolutely not.
edit on 15-5-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

HHS allows no religious accommodation or exemption to its gender identity mandate or any other aspect of its new regulations.

Here is text from the actual document:

The final rule on Section 1557 does not include a religious exemption; however, the final rule
does not displace existing protections for religious freedom and conscience.

Okay that takes care of lie #1.

The regulations will force many physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare providers to participate in sex-reassignment surgeries and treatments, even if it violates their religious beliefs or their best medical judgment.

Is the above text from the actual government document?

Sex-specific health programs or activities are permissible only if the entity can demonstrate an exceedingly persuasive justification, that is, that the sex-specific health program or activity is substantially related to the achievement of an important health-related or scientific objective.

Is this text from the actual government document? Here is what I found in the actual document:

Standards for single sex programs: The proposed rule sought comment on the standard
for evaluating single sex health programs. The final rule allows these programs only
where a covered entity has an exceedingly persuasive justification.

Single sex means services for women only, or for men only. They aren't saying you can't be a hospital for women only, just that you need to justify why you are doing that. Has nothing to do with transgender people either or whether abortions have to be performed.

New rule added to a law without the law being rewritten. Just decreed by a president because he thinks he can do whatever he damn welL pleases.

Nope. Not seeing any new laws. Just a rule that under HHS, hospitals have to abide by previous anti-discrimination laws.

edit on 15-5-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Does the final rule include a religious exemption?
The final rule on Section 1557 does not include a religious exemption; however, the final rule
does not displace existing protections for religious freedom and conscience

it relies other other laws to protect religious freedom...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Well are going to have to agree to disagree here.

I'm for the results, just not the method.

ObamaGod thinks he can wave his hand on just about anything and its ok. Immigration, healthcare, education etc. No president, Republican or Democrat should be tolerated that acts this way.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

LOL, so Obama can't send out anything that says "Y'all can't break existing laws now, ya hear?" cuz he's evil.

Okay, I guess you can have your personal opinion, but facts are facts. There were no new laws enacted in the HHS rule. It was only a reminder of how the existing laws apply to the health care industry.
edit on 15-5-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join