It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC to begin spraying Marsh and Wetlands to Prevent Zika, West Nile, Mosquitoes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Here is an actual link. I didn;t notice the unfortumate link in the post by the other person. ABC7 NY

I posted that myself and my housemate were awoken to a very low flyng helicopter very early this morning. Related? I am not sure. Would they tell us? I am not sure.

We also have marine exercises over the weekend in this county where several roads will be closed. The military provided a general area, but not specific streets. I find that odd. WIVB Buffalo

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Jade Helm Chemtrails testing.

They will monitor hospitals for effects and amass data.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I did not know that there is marsh and wetlands in NYC.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

There are, manhattan is an island. There are lots of coastal wetlands.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I really don't know. I just tried to recreate a thread that was removed for the link it used and possibly because the OP was a multiple offender in that area. I still found the topic interesting, so found a normal soure. And added what I had answered , in summary, in the removed thread.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

They've been spraying from helicopters and using trucks since atleast 2011. Link

NYC website doesn't hide it.

As for sounds of a chopper yesterday? No idea, but they do say they don't spray from choppers in residential areas.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

New York City has a very diverse wetlands system. I live in Staten Island, and almost 40% of the borough is freshwater and tidal water marshes and wetlands.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So... what chemicals are being sprayed?

Just to point out, nobody has died from Zika. Sounds like something nefarious, should probably really look into what they are spraying.

I work outside, so I guess I'll get the Zika...

I'll let ya'll know if I die and come back as a flesh eating zikazomie!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

From one of the .pdf files from my link above.

Altosid XR-G® or VectoBac® GS all containing naturally occurring bacteria

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Every year , for the last 30 years, they have been spraying for mosquitoes in and around where I live. I know , that freakin truck interrupts my entire day . Maybe it is new in New York, but nowhere new here in the South. My question : What are they spraying with ? And is the prevention worse than the chance of the possibility of disease ?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: xuenchen

I really don't know. I just tried to recreate a thread that was removed for the link it used and possibly because the OP was a multiple offender in that area. I still found the topic interesting, so found a normal soure. And added what I had answered , in summary, in the removed thread.

Thankyou. I was in the process of replying to the thread when it got removed.

This greatly concerns me as in Brazil, a pesticide that had previously been linked to birth defects had been added to the drinking water of those pregnant women.

This had been ignored by the media (as had their vaccination program which included dtap: gestational tetanus has previously associated with "shrunken head" birth defects) and instead the birth deformities were blamed on Zika which had never been linked to birth defects.

Around the same time the GMO mosquitoes were also released. Coincidentally when the Zika virus "changed".

Zika is the only thing that apparently matters and all these other possible factors completely disregarded which makes no sense to me. I believe it is a false flag.

Catch 22 with this theory.. if the pesticides sprayed cause birth defects they will just say that Zika has arrived and continue their fear mongering oblivious to the real cause.

I could hunt down for sources on this but last time I tried the news articles kept disappearing. So now I shall just don my tinfoil hat and say screw it I will just share this anyway as it is all just theories after all..

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They have also been spraying in PA. They warned us that we would see low helicopters spraying, and we have.

They warned not to look up, to avoid getting the spray in your eyes, to wash your skin if it gets on you, and to wash your car asap if it gets sprayed.
And yet, they say it is safe.

I think they are more concerned about zika then they admit.

Zika is not only spread by mosquitoes, it is spread human to human. That's a scary thought. Almost everyone gets bitten by mosquitoes, and once it gets into the population there is no way to stop it.

What happens if everyone is eventually exposed? Then every baby is born with microcephaly? I hate to be doomsday spreader, but that sounds apocalyptic.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That's a good point. It's true they have been spraying for many pests for years.
So, I guess this is no different.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Zika had never been linked to microcephaly before now. I would worry more about the side effects of people actually telling you they're are poisoning you and believing their version of a doomsdayer narrative and accepting being sprayed "for your own good".

Chemical and biological weapons could also be seen as apocalyptic.

I guess the way you look at it depends on how much you trust a government. A government that is actually admitting to poisoning the environment. :/

edit on 14-5-2016 by riley because: typos

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
What happens if everyone is eventually exposed? Then every baby is born with microcephaly? I hate to be doomsday spreader, but that sounds apocalyptic.

Which is exactly why they are using known natural bacteria now to stop it from spreading.
And it's why the nutty conspiracy theorists and paranoia need to be ignored, the same way it was ignored when it was Swine Flu, when it was H5N1, and when it was Ebola.

In every instance we had bs paranoia threads on here about how it was all fake, all nonsense, all some grand conspiracy by the "NWO" and "Illuminati" to mass murder millions of people, and SHOCK HORROR, it wasn't, the methods used were right, the outbreaks ended, people were treated, mass deaths were prevented.

So, when you see nutty people screaming about irrational delusions about what they delusionally believe is going on, just remember that every other nutty theory they claimed never actually happened and it turned out the "evil powers that be" really WERE working in the best interests of the public.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: riley
Zika had never been linked to microcephaly before now.

Welcome to the notion of SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY.
You know, that thing happening every day?
Did you also know that for years they didn't know what cause AIDS, or that it was even related to HIV, or how it was transmitted?

I would worry more about the side effects of people actually telling you they're are poisoning you and believing their version of a doomsdayer narrative and accepting being sprayed "for your own good".

Right, so people are supposed to believe YOUR doomsday narrative that this is all some imagined mass murder attempt, despite the fact that it hasn't been that the last ten times people like you have claimed that it is?

The scientific ignorance here needs to stop, the irrational paranoid belief that your government is attempting to murder you is what is actually insane here.

If your government really was some kind of evil entity trying to murder you all, you would all be f-ing dead already! Seriously, they must be the most incompetent psychopaths in the History of mankind!

They could organize mass delivery of a neurotoxin to every reservoir in the country over a weekend and instantly wipe out 90% of the country and you think they're going to f around "manufacturing" a mass story about a virus, spend millions of $'s spraying chemicals over specific areas, risk being caught out doing that, facing a revolt from the rest of the surviving millions of people...

Just what are you guys smoking that you can even think this kind of conspiracy is remotely viable?
edit on 14-5-2016 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Gothmog

That's a good point. It's true they have been spraying for many pests for years.
So, I guess this is no different.

No, this is definitely different.
Corporations use chemical agents on crops to wipe out naturally occurring pests to maximize their yield, for profit.
This is your elected (held to much higher standard and being held more accountable) using naturally occurring biological agents to combat a virus which we know does in fact cause birth defects, and which causes mental retardation in many children who do not even show physical symptoms.

Those scared of the process to combat Zika should be absolutely TERRIFIED of even setting foot in any supermarket or even being around any processed meats - which would be scientifically far more damaging to them than what's being done to fight this virus right now.

The irony is that while people here are screaming about the biological solution to combat Zika, they're probably breathing in a ton of chemicals from their air fresheners every day, stuffing their faces with meat pumped up with factory farm chemicals, and swallowing all the preservatives and colourings they can get their hands on without even considering what they are ingesting.

Why? Because apparently every government in the world is evil and trying to murder millions of people - even though they haven't been for the last ten years that this has been claimed, and even through there's absolutely no reason for any RATIONAL person to believe that bs.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Zika had never been linked to microcephaly before now.

Welcome to the notion of SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY.
You know, that thing happening every day?
Did you also know that for years they didn't know what cause AIDS, or that it was even related to HIV, or how it was transmitted?

I do have a scientific mind and with that I know better not to ignore and disregard scientific data which government health departments have done.

Ignoring the fact that some pesticides can cause birth defects while using it.. then blaming something else even though there has been genetic manipulation of the very insects that were suddenly claimed to have been spreading Zika virus while claiming they have NO idea why the virus suddenly and mysteriously mutated? Perhaps even opening the door to using those same pesticides that have been linked to birth deformities elsewhere?

How many scientific facts are we supposed to ignore on the word of elite leaders with possible conflicts of interests?

Selective science is NOT real science.. and all these "coincidences" happened within about a year. Sorry not buying the official fear mongering story.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I read that the mosquito that can carry the Zika virus can't survive the cold winters of the northern states. The standard mosquitoes up here can't harbor the virus either. So now what are their real reasons for doing this.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention posted new maps of the estimated range of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes, and a related cousin, on its website. Instead of just being in the southern part of the country, the new maps show the range for Aedes aegypti (AYE'-dees uh-GYP'-tie) could extend into parts of the Midwest and Northeast.

Previous maps were about a dozen years old, and CDC officials describe the new ones as a best understanding of where the mosquitoes have been seen recently or previously — even though it's not clear if very many actually live in every spot shaded on the map. It's possible the range increased, or just that scientists have done a better job looking for them.

CDC Director Tom Frieden said the implication is "there are more places at risk than realize they're at risk, given where the mosquito is likely to be present."

www.usnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join