It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be a third testament add to the Christian bible in the future?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't care Ishtar is Easter. Eggs, rabbits I care not. Ishtar is the goddess Easter and they have the same day of celebration.
That is all. Named after a pagan goddess and celebrated on that goddesses day is all that matters.

You have a tendency to stick to irrelevancies but you are delaying the inevitable fact that Easter has been celebrated for thousands of years under that pagan goddesses various names.

Ioestre Easter Ishtar has been a fertility goddess forever.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parazurvan

Tammuz was the first Christmas also. Fact. The tree, mistletoe and yule log are all in the Old Testament and it is a historical fact that Tammuz was a ressurected Nimrod on the Winter Solstice at the same time as we celebrate Christmas they celebrated his birthday in our modern fashion.

Wikipedia - Nimrod

Wikipedia - Tammuz (deity)

No mention of Tammuz in the Nimrod entry. No mention of Nimrod in the Tammuz entry. No mention of Nimrod having resurrected in any good ancient source.

Just for good measure, Wikipedia - Semiramis makes mention of Nimrod possibly being her consort and Tammuz possibly being her son but this was only in reference to Alexander Hislop's "The Two Babylons" (1853) which is entirely unsubstantiated with any documentary or archaeological evidence.

Mistletoe (with spiky green leaves and red berries) is not native to the Middle East. It is obvious that there is NO association between Mistletoe and Nimrod, Tammuz, Jesus Christ or Ishtar as they are all Middle Eastern.

Similarly, the Yule Log is a Germanic pagan tradition, not Middle Eastern. In Canaanite religions there were carved Asherah Pole "groves" dedicate to a mother goddess, "Asherah", but the Poles were revered, not burned.

These things were separated by thousands of miles and hundreds, if not thousands of years. Apart from online apocryphal memes, your premise fails.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Weeping for Tammuz Google it.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Of you don't your bible or history I am not the least interested in explaining to you oh so complicated fact that if:

You Google Nimrod/Tammuz/Semiramis Christmas you will find your answer.

Similarly go to a biblical search engine or just Google "weeping for Tammuz, bible"

Ten minutes it will take. I don't argue facts against faith cause faith is blind.

I can only liken our interaction to telling a kid there is no Santa and it is the grown up version.

But it is common knowledge nowadays that both Christmas and Easter are thousands of years older than Christ.

If you just did it and googled the words literally five minutes is all it takes to learn the whole story.

Peace.
edit on 19-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Are you seriously using the logic that because the yule log is Germanic it isn't pagan? Not true.

And they didn't have a tradition copyright for different names of the same goddess that would mean because Germany had a tradition that it was unavailable to the worshippers of the same goddess elsewhere if it means changing the wood.

But again in trying to argue you have just admitted to the pagan traditions of the heathens that Catholicism readily adopted and you continue.

They are both pagan and millennia older than Jesus and adopted into Catholicism.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

And you think I need to read a Wikipedia article to re learn what I already know?

I highly doubt YOU even read your links because they probably say exactly what I am saying and you didn't even read it..

Google the words I gave you and stop trying to insta-learn if can't get your history right that fast don't try.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Weeping for Tammuz Google it.

The phrase "weeping for Tammuz" occurs in Ezekiel 8:14 where it is described as an abomination to God. The women were commemorating a Babylonian deity. Babylon at the time of Ezekiel had captured Judah, destroyed the temple and forced the people to migrate away from their homeland.

Tammuz is also a Hebrew and a Babylonian calendar month. In the Babylonian case, it was named to commemorate the deity. In the Hebrew case, it probably wasn't.

You previously mentioned Tammuz in reference to Christmas.

The Babylonian calendar month is a summer month, not a winter one (where Christmas falls in the Northern Hemisphere). Similarly, the Hebrew Tammuz calendar month approximates to July.

Nothing to do with December 25th.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yes there will be a third testament, It shall be written by Wayne Brady.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

See you are like a child you find it and you want to slither out of it with a ton of words saying nothing accomplishing nothing.

The only thing I said about Tammuz AND the bible, was that Tammuz was IN the bible because you said it wasn't.

He has his own traditions outside the bible.

Find them and stop pestering me about nothing because you hate not knowing something and can't just accept you don't know that much.

Just accept it. You can Google and quote the bible and argue different points of no significance to distract from that fact.

It will remain a fact if no matter what because you are just trying to be adversarial because someone knew something you didn't.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Nobody buys your a an expert in every subject no matter what because I spent 5 minutes on Google and repeated what I just read routine.

You think you are an encyclopedia because you can point click repeat.

Anybody can see the patchwork flow of your comments.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

If I say the sun is yellow you say it yellow AND orange and this big and this fast and this far from the earth.

If I say NASA you know every moon on Jupiter's name.

You are a one upper. Can't take it if you are wrong.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't believe I have ever met someone so obsessed with the comments I make that attempt so hard AND utterly fail but keep up pretending like you didn't just get proven wrong every single time you tried to refute.

You said Arabs had no Catholic influence or contact or assistance.

I proved you wrong.

You claimed there isn't a Tammuz in the Bible

5...FIVE minutes later you are an expert on the exact passage where Tammuz is and quote it to me like I don't both have a bible and know what it says.

IM THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT IT!!!

Then Easter the goddess being the same goddess in a different language as Ishtar and both sharing the same holiday are not even suggestive to you, never mind obvious (in the factual sense).

What are you trying to prove that you can successfully argue something that is not true?

Plus I have read more Clementine homilies, epistles and his church writings on almost everything and you want to argue about Clement with me. Do you read Apocrypha or Pseudepigrapha at all? I have read them ALL.

I Know more about Nimrod and just about everything that has to do with Judaism, Christianity or religion in general than you will in 20 years.

Good luck.
edit on 19-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Are you seriously using the logic that because the yule log is Germanic it isn't pagan? Not true.

And they didn't have a tradition copyright for different names of the same goddess that would mean because Germany had a tradition that it was unavailable to the worshippers of the same goddess elsewhere if it means changing the wood.

But again in trying to argue you have just admitted to the pagan traditions of the heathens that Catholicism readily adopted and you continue.

They are both pagan and millennia older than Jesus and adopted into Catholicism.

The Yule log is pagan, just not Middle Eastern.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

See you are like a child you find it and you want to slither out of it with a ton of words saying nothing accomplishing nothing.

The only thing I said about Tammuz AND the bible, was that Tammuz was IN the bible because you said it wasn't.

He has his own traditions outside the bible.

Find them and stop pestering me about nothing because you hate not knowing something and can't just accept you don't know that much.

Just accept it. You can Google and quote the bible and argue different points of no significance to distract from that fact.

It will remain a fact if no matter what because you are just trying to be adversarial because someone knew something you didn't.

I never said that Tammuz was not in the Bible. The first post I gave mentioning Tammuz included the reference in Ezekiel.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I think we've found rasalghul/ metatron365 etc etc.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

I believe you are correct...
I have looked at his words see the same thing portrayed by his style and opinion of himself and others...
Probably even worth informing the gods of ATS...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Well even we can agree on some things lol.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Not a chance of getting a newer testament.

The koran has a better chance at reformation than that and the only way that's gonna happen is to take the islam out of islam.

When Jesus comes back, there will be nothing to write down. lol!!

Wish I'd be around to see the look on some faces.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Why you think your going to 've raptured in the clouds or by alien spaceships?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I don't care Ishtar is Easter. Eggs, rabbits I care not. Ishtar is the goddess Easter and they have the same day of celebration.
That is all. Named after a pagan goddess and celebrated on that goddesses day is all that matters.

You have a tendency to stick to irrelevancies but you are delaying the inevitable fact that Easter has been celebrated for thousands of years under that pagan goddesses various names.

Ioestre Easter Ishtar has been a fertility goddess forever.

And a lousy movie.

What the hell does origin of easter matter anyway?

It still fits the resurrection.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join