It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be a third testament add to the Christian bible in the future?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I was thinking abut this the other day. Christianity seems to be slowly declining in the US and has sharply declined in the Nordic countries and is declining a bit faster in the rest of Europe then it is in the US.

For the US, in a time frame of 2007 to 2014

Evangelical Protestant numbers are down 0.9%
Catholics numbers are down 3.1%
Mainline Protestant numbers are down 3.4%
Unaffiliated numbers are up 6.7%
Non-Christian faith numbers are up 1.2%

Overall the share of the Population fell from 78.4% down to 70.6%

Link

With this decline it seem to be that the Church will have to change with the times in some way or risk being no more in the future.

We know the Vatican hold onto some secrets like the last secret of Fátima ( some think that the last one was about the assassination attempt on John Paul II) or possible other books not made public. Not to mention the books left out of the bible in the construction of the King James Bible.

So I am wondering if in time we will see the release of texts that might fit better with our modern times, new prophets, adaptation of new ideas ( early Christians adopted some pagan traditions and holy days to ease conversion) or even a new religion that spawns from Christianity?

Thoughts?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

I think we are all expecting Revelation to come to pass. And until it does or doesnt? There is nothing to update.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You mean provide more Cherrys in which to choose? Wouldn't this be another slap to The Quorum's face, You know, along with the 371 other times They changed it?

I wonder how many of the current Church™ goers have actually read the rule book and not have just based their thoughts/beliefs on what Pastor Dave or whomever is preaching?

Which Church™, if any, do You think Jesus The Chris† would attend? I'd bet He'd be pis..Upset of how things are currently and the MILLIONS killed in His name; and the million$$ that have been pilfered in His name...

And I don't want the acolytes to think I don't like Jesus, I LOVE Jesus, but remember.. He was doing His own thing and it was AFTER Jesus was when 'Man' (group of males) who started a religion™..

"Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for folks that have already been.." -The Great Sioux Nation.

Now did they say this because they were unaware of a 'Creator' or is it because millions were killed off and their land stolen and replaced with Bibles?

If Jesus were to materialize on May 31, it wouldn't be until like June 30th going through all the things He DIDN'T say...

namaste

P.S. Of course I'd give religion™ a pass if'n they paid their taxes..

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That's what Judaism claimed with the coming Messiah. Jesus came and BOOM, a few more thousands years were added to the timeline. How convenient.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Christianity teaches that all are condemned who should dare to corrupt or change the word of God, either by adding to it, or taking from it.

Revelation ends with these verses:

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

So, "they" would have to convince Christians that "they" have been given the authority to add to the existing Word. That would be interesting to hear.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

With this decline it seem to be that the Church will have to change with the times in some way or risk being no more in the future.
I think it's every true Christians hope that the future on earth will not see a church here .At least not in the capacity it is before that time . The future has a time when the door to the Gospel will be closed and a new dispensation will be ushered in .The rule with the rod of iron ..just how or what this will look like is a bit uncertain imo .Time will tell ,but as far as I am concerned ,the sooner the better because I want to get out of hear ....peace

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm not surprised that in the most affluent Nations of the world, Christianity is suffering...Christ spoke of this.
We're in this little bubble of material wealth where even the least of us live better then that of a great many in the world.

The inverse is true though. The fastest growing Church is the world is believers in Jesus Christ in the country of China. Where western missionaries aren't allowed. Under threat of real, true, persecution(which Western Christian claim to be gay marriage/bathrooms etc) followers of Christ have had to go underground, meeting in secrecy under the threat of the Chinese government. And the Church is growing like wild-fire.

Christianity, as a whole, is on the rise worldwide. Just not the bloated, self centered, Christianity that has become of the Western Church.

I don't expect any new additions to Scripture. At least nothing that would be accepted. If the Vatican came forward with documents that contradicted or changed what has already be revealed then the mask, in my opinion, would be fully pulled back.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Well, The Pope "just dropped a rock album". Does that count?

edit on 14-5-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Let me see ... that would require God to become tangibly active in some way.

Then that would require that people believe He did/is doing so in some way. I would point out that Mormonism has this claim, and so does Islam. Each also has their own holy book or extra addendum to holy texts of the Abrahamic religions.

If Christianity is falling away (where do we see that happening outside of the Western world?), then it could be that God is about to become tangibly active on the large scale.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyAnswer

I awarded You a "Star" yeah, I know BFD, but I burned bandwidth trying to get folks to use "persecution" correctly, and You even used an example. I'd do a "flag" but I've never looked into their significance. I'm just happy that has occurred.

When I was provoked to address the issue, it was a member typing about being 'persecuted' because a follower of Islam™ was provided some rights, nothing about why this person felt persecuted, at all, just that a Muslim was able to do something which had always been afforded to the complainant.

namaste

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If I wanted to sound religiously metaphoric, I'd say Christianity is going to slowly die, but peacefully in a way, that it will rise again, but without a form maybe. One thing ends, will be another things beginning. Such as life really...

Sure their population and subscribers might be dwindling due to the lack of religious enforcement , while Islam is pop. is rising, but I doubt Islams downfall will be a peaceful passing due to the amount of civil disputes, growing pains they will be going through, and just overall Karma.

But really Im going to be a religious d*** and say no third coming, when Jesus comes down and ruins their temples with Hellish magic, it game over, or end game...Then their will be a cheap sequel.

edit on 14-5-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
According to the Mormons there already is, for it's worth.

I'd have to imagine that, if God were to again become "socially active", most Christians would reject Him along with the possibility of such a thing happening in the first place.

As they have already shown themselves capable of so doing.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I believe there will be.

The ending will likely have an addition too.

And God said unto them "Just kidding!"

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
I was thinking abut this the other day. Christianity seems to be slowly declining in the US and has sharply declined in the Nordic countries and is declining a bit faster in the rest of Europe then it is in the US.

For the US, in a time frame of 2007 to 2014

Evangelical Protestant numbers are down 0.9%
Catholics numbers are down 3.1%
Mainline Protestant numbers are down 3.4%
Unaffiliated numbers are up 6.7%
Non-Christian faith numbers are up 1.2%

Overall the share of the Population fell from 78.4% down to 70.6%

Link

We know the Vatican hold onto some secrets like the last secret of Fátima ( some think that the last one was about the assassination attempt on John Paul II) or possible other books not made public. Not to mention the books left out of the bible in the construction of the King James Bible.

So I am wondering if in time we will see the release of texts that might fit better with our modern times, new prophets, adaptation of new ideas ( early Christians adopted some pagan traditions and holy days to ease conversion) or even a new religion that spawns from Christianity?

Thoughts?

I think the "old guard" would reject any big changes, which would prob be the death of Catholisism.

They deny science to hold on to their anchient texts because of nastolgia. Their homophobic, racist favorite uncle (who besides those things was a great person and loved them dearly) believed in Christianity and he is their hero.

That's how conservatism and Christianity survive today. It's the " good ole days" myth. In nastagia they remember a better time in their life and assume it's the same for everyone.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Christianity teaches that all are condemned who should dare to corrupt or change the word of God, either by adding to it, or taking from it.

Revelation ends with these verses:

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

So, "they" would have to convince Christians that "they" have been given the authority to add to the existing Word. That would be interesting to hear.

They managed to convince Christians of that every other time it was edited as well as when it was compiled 400 years after Christ.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What would anyone add? The bible already has a beginning, middle, and end. You might see a difference in interpretation, but we've already seen that. Each generation has a slightly different spin, and a more eclectic approach to "scripture" than the one before. Generally speaking, Christianity sees the bible as a complete work.

I see those declining numbers differently than most do. For one, you have to allow for fluctuation. And two, those numbers usually don't account for those in flux, or those whose names are still on a church membership list, but haven't attended in years(and vice versa), etc. The percentages are higher than what is being presented imo. Even so, the church hasn't lost a significant amount of its congregation yet. That day is approaching though. It seems every so many generations, our species goes through a major paradigm shift, and we are about due for a big one.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The death has been coming for some time, and it is like an avalanche that has been building more and more. The biggest problems with Christianity would be the members, preachers and politicians who would pervert the ideas, cherry picking which text to follow and use such as a justification to do such. This has been building like a festering wound, slowly rotting from within, until even the best will be caught up in the onslaught.

Many scandals and corruptions, along with where people are seeing where those who are members of various church's get away with breaking the law, committing crimes, yet ignore or even willingly turn a blind eye to such, to where soon it starts to hurt and eventually turn people away. And the saddest part of all, that many fail to see is that what happens to one, often affects how the rest are viewed. It is going to be a rocky road, and the image that is often projected are that of greedy two faced hypocrite's who would tell everyone else what to do, and like a bad self fulfilling prophecy, cry and play the wounded martyr when things come back to affect them.

No one will have to destroy the christian church, it is destroying itself from within, and we should wonder if it is too late to save it.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The Bible may have a new interpretation and may one day have additional already known information allowed back in... Like the book of Enoch for example...

There will be no third Testament...

There is no time frame for the return of Christ just things that must happen first...

If you are Christian than you believe after the return we will have our God amoungst us there will be no more need for books for a guide...

Faith is not dead....Religions are not dying... They are plagued by the same thing which permeates all things on Earth... And that is the evil that mankind does...Nothing is exempt from this truth...

Any third Testament would not be written works at any rate instead they will be spoken by the mouth of God... Perhaps first as Judgement...

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
The death has been coming for some time, and it is like an avalanche that has been building more and more. The biggest problems with Christianity would be the members, preachers and politicians who would pervert the ideas, cherry picking which text to follow and use such as a justification to do such. This has been building like a festering wound, slowly rotting from within, until even the best will be caught up in the onslaught.

Many scandals and corruptions, along with where people are seeing where those who are members of various church's get away with breaking the law, committing crimes, yet ignore or even willingly turn a blind eye to such, to where soon it starts to hurt and eventually turn people away. And the saddest part of all, that many fail to see is that what happens to one, often affects how the rest are viewed. It is going to be a rocky road, and the image that is often projected are that of greedy two faced hypocrite's who would tell everyone else what to do, and like a bad self fulfilling prophecy, cry and play the wounded martyr when things come back to affect them.

No one will have to destroy the christian church, it is destroying itself from within, and we should wonder if it is too late to save it.

True enough, but I don't think the preachers today are worse then they have ever been. Some of these idiots have lead crazy ideologies that killed thousands of people. Sadly they are better than ever. Christianity has just been Stone Age morality since its begining.

It is at its best a social club, and as a social club has done wonderful things. It's just really anytime they decide they know best for everybody.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I think the old saying, “A few bad apples ruins the bunch.” Applies more today than ever. In this age of current technology, things are hard to hide, people pick up on such, and it makes doing research far more easier than before. And unfortunately, it is also the ministers themselves. If one listens to some of the sermons that are given, it ranges from some of what is in the bible to some sermons that are so spiteful and hateful, one can only wonder what their family life really is like. And this stuff gets out on the internet, and soon it goes all over around the world. And the louder and more radical ministry’s tend to bring out the worst where it ends up on the news, both national and international news.

It is said that a person is smart, intelligent, rational, but people are just plain dumb and like sheep. The mob mentality tends to take over. In some parts of the world, even the non Islamic states, it would be bad to mention the USA and religion at the same time, due to the actions of very few. People don’t ask about denomination of such, but only see one thing: Christian.

And these actions do travel around the world, both good and bad. That much also has been documented. If you look, like you were living in another country, and saw these news stories coming in from the USA about some of the actions from these church’s what would you think? It would not be good, and it tends to make one wonder, if not shy away from such. And it is far worse here at home.

Personally I think that a lot of the entire religion has been corrupted and perverted, going back years, long before many people were born, perpetuated and often amplified over the years. Only time will tell if it can correct itself or if it will collapse like a house of cards.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join