It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future soldier will be part human, part machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Forget an Apple iWatch, the U.S. military is the one really taking wearable technology to new levels.

Different divisions of the U.S. armed forces, as well as other government agencies such as Darpa, are all working on developing high-tech armor that will help not only provide soldiers with full-body ballistic protection, but will also give them superhuman-like capabilities.

Source: CNBC

This reminds me the Head Of The Army Strange Speech

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Helenamatias

First of all, as has been repeated over and over on ATS, the "little green men" speech was about Russia using non-traditional methods to invade Crimea. The Russian soldiers masquerading as "rebels" were referred to as little green men as a tongue-in-cheek description of Russian forces pretending to be something they were not.

Hybrid armies refers to the use of militias, hired goons, rebels and internal terrorist organizations to destabilize a country prior to invasion of traditional forces.

The video has nothing to do with the story you are presenting.

The story is about the use of technology in battle, which is always evolving and developing and has been since the first cave man threw the first rock into his neighbours cave.

Anything able to reduce injury and death in warfare is a good thing and ultimately makes warfare less viable.

Every time someone sees one of these stories we get threads on here about how such technology might be used against the public, how scary and awful it is. In reality, fewer people die as a result of such and we have yet to see any of the loony Alex Jones theories about Martial Law and killer robots roaming the streets of America murdering Conservatives or dragging them to so-called gas chambers under FEMA "death camps".

Technology is and will always be developed to give a nation an upper hand in their efforts to defend their nation. All of this is perfectly fine, until they start using the technology they have developed to threaten and invade other nations.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yes agree, thanks, should i remove it?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I wanna be like Adam Jensen from Deus Ex; he seems like a frighteningly realistic example of where transhumanism will lead us; his organs and limbs have been surgically replaced with "mechanically or electronically enhanced equivalents" so if he gets shot in the heart, it's not really such a big issue, as his heart is made from bullet-proof material and his brain is protected by a super-hard layer of carbon. This is something that's only reserved for the super-rich of course and the poor people in Deux Ex become even more downtrodden by the Powers That Be. Anyone played Deus Ex? It's amazing. It's the only triple-A game that talks about the Illuminati, Bilderberg group, Trilateral Commission, False Flag operations, Internment camps, Tranhumanism, etc. The smartest game I've ever played.

edit on 14-5-2016 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The future? We are already there. Drones may not be a cyborg soldier, but it definitely is part human and part machine.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
They have had robot soldiers for at least 50 years brah. Everybody knows their technology is a 100 years more advanced then the crap we got. We already supposed to be flying in our cars FFS

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I suppose our armies do need this sort of tech.
Especially when invading an underdeveloped country where the locals have AK47's and shovels.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackcrowe

I suppose our armies do need this sort of tech.
Especially when invading an underdeveloped country where the locals have AK47's and shovels.

And rather large IED's. Turn "this sort of tech" to scrap in a instant.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When I read the thread title this automatically came to mind...

Assassin in stealth
Assailant from Hell
Impervious to damage
Computer on-board
Engaged in a war
Non-stop combatant
Maybe not a mutant, maybe a man

Part bionic
And organic
Not a cyborg
Call him Psychotron...

Sadly I think this will be the inevitable future of warfare. The military industrial complex is currently funding this with black project money which will eventually make this a reality. It's only a matter of time.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
They have had robot soldiers for at least 50 years brah. Everybody knows their technology is a 100 years more advanced then the crap we got. We already supposed to be flying in our cars FFS

No, they don't, "brah".

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
conventional warfare is obsolete because of nukes

future soldier will be in a bunker with a CPU controlling drones and bots

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

No, they don't, "brah".

Yes they do bruh

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

No, they don't, "brah".

Yes they do bruh

OK, I'll bite. Prove it, then. This isn't skunk works.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If they take the human part out of equation, they dont have to worry about PSTD, Fatigue or Ethics of War. Just a full terminator on the field.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Cyborg soldiers or full on robot wars are nothing.
I'd rather face a cyborg than one of these beauties.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Sadly I think this will be the inevitable future of warfare.

Sadder still is the thought the future contains warfare, is inevitable.

What are we becoming that so dark a future would seem inevitable?

Downward spiral toward annihilation, first of soul, then matter.

When confronted by an invincible auk killing machine, how would any of us respond?

Would such a being just kill or would it's creators programme it to commit atrocity and spread terror?

new topics

top topics

join