It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nature of Human Behavior

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So, we are in the matrix?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So, we are in the matrix?

Is that 'we' one thing and the 'matrix' another thing?

There is no one in anything - there is only what is happening!!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I can simplify this. Everyone is a little nuts, it is what type of nuts we are that makes us different. Our consciousness is programmed by economics, those who run things, and desire. This effects how we individually perceive something. Fear also plays a role in things.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I appreciate your efforts here. It is obvious to me that you have been kicking these ideas around for a very long time.

I'm disappointed by some of my colleagues comments and I'm risking going out on a limb to ask a question. I'm thinking that maybe the words didn't go down the way you intended.

In the third and fourth sentence of your First Principle, you shared, at least to me, some interesting thoughts. However, I'm asking if the computer incorrectly auto filled a word in each of those sentences that gave the reader a moment of confusion that they maybe felt but didn't catch. I had to read it a number of times to understand it to my satisfaction.

I have a healthy respect of the limitations of language and how words can only approximate a thought, and at that on many (fractal) levels. I think this can be verified on every ATS thread, and it saddens me.

But I caught the greater gist of what you are saying and very much look forward to the next installment.

CF

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

The cognitive psychologist Merlin Donald posits 3 stages in the evolution of Humans: the episodic, mimetic and mythic. Imagine three threads, one blue, the second green and the last one red, corresponding to the 3 levels. In all creatures, a thread runs through them binding them together, such that alone these creatures do not "make sense", because the inbuilt knowledge - behavior - they bring out in their actions requires the presence of a conspecific on the other end to make the actions meaningful.

If we are delving into the elements that make up a human then I believe the above 3 stages are the physical, mental and spiritual with the thread running through them all being the soul (or life). The complexities within each unit, then the whole being can only be realized within the limitations or freedoms we allow ourselves. Take the mythic, why do some of us have the need to search for the meaning of life (or an alternate true reality) through meditative ethereal or metaphysical journey rather than the physical or spiritual (religion)? Is it that we don't really feel alive or life as is experienced not as a whole (3 stages plus thread running through it) leaves us disjointed?

"I am a little world made cunningly
Of elements, and an angelic sprite" ...

John Donne (Holy Sonnets 1633)
edit on 14-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
What is 'consciousness'?

It is not possible to define with 'conditional (dualistic) concepts', 'conditional terms', 'conditional identity', 'conditional limitations'... that which is 'unconditional', non-dual, transcendental; One!

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PanPiper
a reply to: namelesss

the meaning of the eye perceives, is more like the truth is subjective to each and everyone.. I posted an article about a man who was freed of charges of stealing food cause he was hungry; Many saw it as wrong and others as a right..

The only truth we have; He was hungry and there was food nearby.. If intelligent design is your father, he better feed you to..

If ID is MY 'father'?
Hardly!
Nevertheless, isn't the definition of 'father' he who feeds you? *__-
If ID IS someone's 'father', I'd imagine that he is being 'fed', on some level or other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join