It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nature of Human Behavior

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

the meaning of the eye perceives, is more like the truth is subjective to each and everyone.. I posted an article about a man who was freed of charges of stealing food cause he was hungry; Many saw it as wrong and others as a right..

The only truth we have; He was hungry and there was food nearby.. If intelligent design is your father, he better feed you to..

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

the meaning of the eye perceives, is more like the truth is subjective to each and everyone.. I posted an article about a man who was freed of charges of stealing food cause he was hungry; Many saw it as wrong and others as a right..

The only truth we have; He was hungry and there was food nearby.. If intelligent design is your father, he better feed you to..

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: Vector99

a reply to: PanPiper

And billions of neurons fire constantly in order for you to do that. Neurons that you have literally no conscious control of.

So 'who' is doing 'what'?

Your brain is doing a whole bunch of things constantly. You just enjoy the side effects.

What are 'the side effects' that are enjoyed?

consciousness

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

And billions of neurons fire constantly in order for you to do that. Neurons that you have literally no conscious control of.

Your brain is doing a whole bunch of things constantly. You just enjoy the side effects.

consciousness

What is 'consciousness'?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PanPiper
a reply to: Vector99
Ask the bee what it thinks

Interesting comparison.

Where would we be without bees? As far as important species go, they are top of the list. They are critical pollinators: they pollinate 70 of the around 100 crop species that feed 90% of the world.

link

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

consciousness

What is 'consciousness'?

What you are experiencing right now, thanks to the trillions and trillions of cells that make up you and that super processor inside your head.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

consciousness

What is 'consciousness'?

What you are experiencing right now, thanks to the trillions and trillions of cells that make up you and that super processor inside your head.

Would you say that you are only knowing the appearance? Do you believe you can do anything?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I'm confused when you say

only knowing the appearance

What exactly do you mean?

o you believe you can do anything?

Yes, I can learn how it works, but it's pretty complex.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Put it like this; seeing is happening, hearing is happening - is there anyone doing that? Or is it just happening without the need to do it?
What appears is just appearing.

There isn't really 'anyone' doing anything.
If there is an appearance (vision, sound, flavour, fragrance, movement) it is simply occurring.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Put it like this; seeing is happening, hearing is happening - is there anyone doing that?

That is on par with asking if a tree falls and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound? Answer is yes.

Or is it just happening without the need to do it? What appears is just appearing.

Who or what determines this need?

If there is an appearance (vision, sound, flavour, fragrance, movement) it is simply occurring.

Yes, but why? What is the cause behind such things? Do you control them, or simply observe them without a choice in the matter?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

252 licks.
Carry on.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
a reply to: mOjOm

252 licks.
Carry on.

no it's 3

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yes, but why? What is the cause behind such things? Do you control them, or simply observe them without a choice in the matter?

There is no separate cause - so there is no why - what is happening IS happening.
Seeing is happening and hearing is happening.

The idea that there is 'someone' happens also!

edit on 14-5-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

There is no separate cause - so there is no why

Cause and effect?

Seeing is happening and hearing is happening.

Those who are blind and mute would disagree.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Cause and effect?

What was the original cause that made the effect? It cannot be found.

Those who are blind and mute would disagree.

Sensation is happening. The knowing that there is an appearance is happening - whether it appears as vision, as fragrance, flavour.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Well that's like searching for a god, only never to be found. However, we can attribute observable causes and effects with our current state of conscious.

Sensation is happening. The knowing that there is an appearance is happening - whether it appears as vision, as fragrance, flavour.

Yes, but WHY? Why do some only observe what others cannot? The experience of the same exact thing is different for such reasons. We are not in control of that.

A blind person hears better than you, not by choice, but by adaptation. You cannot consciously decide to use sonar no matter how hard you try, yet some humans have developed this ability.

Now, thinking of that, who sees more? The blind man using sonar or the man using his eyes?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Well that's like searching for a god, only never to be found.
What is it that is seeing and knowing? God is all seeing and all knowing and ever present. Of course God cannot be found - what is searching is God.
God is what is looking!!
Saint Francis of Assisi said - 'What we are looking for is what is looking'.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Yes, but WHY? Why do some only observe what others cannot? The experience of the same exact thing is different for such reasons. We are not in control of that.

'We' are not in control of anything.
What is happening is happening - there isn't anyone who can change or stop what is happening. That which appears is just appearing - the belief in 'someone' who can change things is the prison.

A blind person hears better than you, not by choice, but by adaptation. You cannot consciously decide to use sonar no matter how hard you try, yet some humans have developed this ability.

There isn't anyone who can decide.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

there isn't anyone who can change or stop what is happening.

I respectfully disagree with that sentiment, our intelligence has allowed us to infact change or stop what is happening.

God is all seeing and all knowing and ever present.

I don't believe in a god in the religious sense. I think something might have made us, but that also doesn't mean I think something made everything.

There isn't anyone who can decide.

Which ultimately boils down to perception. What you see may not be what I see, even though we are observing the same exact thing.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

there isn't anyone who can change or stop what is happening.

I respectfully disagree with that sentiment, our intelligence has allowed us to infact change or stop what is happening.

Impossible!!
What is happening IS happening - it is too late to change a thought that appears. Everything is just appearing. If a loud noise happens is there really a 'you' that can make it not happen?

I don't believe in a god in the religious sense. I think something might have made us, but that also doesn't mean I think something made everything.
There isn't a 'you' and 'everything' - there is only this that is happening. Happening is not made of things.

Which ultimately boils down to perception. What you see may not be what I see, even though we are observing the same exact thing.

There isn't a separate 'you' seeing 'things' - there is only what is happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join