It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fmr. Top DOJ Official: Likely ‘Biggest Violation of Federal Records Act in History’ re: Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

When most people hear the phrase, “violates the law,” or “is contrary to law,” or perhaps even the word “unlawful,” they tend to think that the conduct involved is a violation of some criminal law for which there are criminal penalties. But some laws and legal obligations are only civil in nature, for which there exist only monetary or administrative sanctions at best. Such is the case with federal records laws such as the Federal Records Act and the Freedom of Information Act, which govern the conduct of federal employees and officials, even that of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

What’s more, the civil sanctions provided in these laws can be applied only to people who still remain federal employees at the time at which their violation is discovered and acted upon. In other words, if you violate these laws and then leave government service quickly enough, you are beyond the reach of their penalties. Indeed, a common refrain among political appointees during the latter part of the George W. Bush Administration was: “That’s OK, because by the time anyone finds out about it, we’ll be long gone.”
Fmr. Top DOJ Official: Clinton Likely Committed ‘Biggest Violation of Federal Records Act in History’

All that we need is an indictment. People saying that Clinton will never go to prison are probably right. In the big picture, who cares?

An indictment would give us Sanders or Biden as the Democratic Party nominee. I predict Biden would win in such a scenario as I wrote about in the thread linked to below.

Why would the Obama administration want Hillary Clinton to be indicted?

I don't see how any ordinary (non-elite) American could want Hillary Clinton to be POTUS anymore.
edit on 13-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

From the looks of your article, they pretty much say she'll get to pass go and does not go directly to jail.
edit on 13-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

They did basically the same thing in Canada. They put a three year law of limitations on treason charges and it was invoked by politicians for politicians. They call it national security issues for three years, rub our noses in their BS right after and they walk free, ***k, we even get to pay their pensions. Criminals making the rules for themselves.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Why would Obama want her to be indicted? It sure will take the attention away from his dealings with her that may be questioned.

Biden isn't exactly a strength with his ties. Maybe just that anyone is better than her inducing Sanders or Trump(still on the fence though).

Hillary support just seems, according to the loudest of the fans, is due to a "revenge on people not liking her" or they really don't want to admit liking her.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

When most people hear the phrase, “violates the law,” or “is contrary to law,” or perhaps even the word “unlawful,” they tend to think that the conduct involved is a violation of some criminal law for which there are criminal penalties. But some laws and legal obligations are only civil in nature, for which there exist only monetary or administrative sanctions at best. Such is the case with federal records laws such as the Federal Records Act and the Freedom of Information Act, which govern the conduct of federal employees and officials, even that of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

What’s more, the civil sanctions provided in these laws can be applied only to people who still remain federal employees at the time at which their violation is discovered and acted upon. In other words, if you violate these laws and then leave government service quickly enough, you are beyond the reach of their penalties. Indeed, a common refrain among political appointees during the latter part of the George W. Bush Administration was: “That’s OK, because by the time anyone finds out about it, we’ll be long gone.”
Fmr. Top DOJ Official: Clinton Likely Committed ‘Biggest Violation of Federal Records Act in History’

All that we need is an indictment. People saying that Clinton will never go to prison are probably right. In the big picture, who cares?

An indictment would give us Sanders or Biden as the Democratic Party nominee. I predict Biden would win in such a scenario as I wrote about in the thread linked to below.

Why would the Obama administration want Hillary Clinton to be indicted?

I don't see how any ordinary (non-elite) American could want Hillary Clinton to be POTUS anymore.

There is no source is there????

It seems like this is one of those "mystery official" says aliens are attacking the city!

I'm not a Clinton fan, but you just had the Snowden stuff , amongst other big leaks..

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Re:

Americans don't. We don't want that.

But it isn't about us. The only "Americans" that give a # are our recently minted "Americans". They are the only Americans with a dog in this race...

Oh God, why do I have to explain this?

???
edit on 13-5-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Why would Obama want her to be indicted? It sure will take the attention away from his dealings with her that may be questioned.

Biden isn't exactly a strength with his ties. Maybe just that anyone is better than her inducing Sanders or Trump(still on the fence though).

Hillary support just seems, according to the loudest of the fans, is due to a "revenge on people not liking her" or they really don't want to admit liking her.

Yea Hillary is a super weak canidate..I think Biden OR sanders would beat trump, but no one is excited for Hillary.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Oh the law newz again. And someone that formerly worked somewhere. Both add up to zero.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

It's all in the timing. An indictment may not be necessary if the Dems can get to a brokered election without one. Doing things too soon will let Bernie be the candidate. While he has some good ideas, they are too radical and he will end up stymied like Obama. A Biden-Warren ticket can beat Trump. Warren is probably the most intelligent and skilled of possible candidates and is an definite asset of her party and the country.

new topics

top topics

join