It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing a bell being rang during the night...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

I believe that was Hemingway .

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

You guys....
For whom the bell tolls was Hemingway.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Another member on ATS wrote about hearing a bell in the middle of the night ...I think they lived in Texas on a remote farm. They said they head the bell , several nights Ina row, and then their dog was killed or something like that....I think ( if I remember correctly ) they were looking for advice on the supernatural and what it could be ? They were pretty freaked out if I remember correctly ....anyone else remember that post ? .....but I would guess some owns pet with a bell on collar....

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Poe did do a poem about bells but I think it was more like jingle bells or tinkley bells.
A Tell Tale Heart was about a beating heart and The Raven was a knocking and was there one about a death watch beetle ticking in the wall?

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

That almost sounds like one of those urban legends.
My mom swore she heard three knocks for three days in a row before her mother, my grandma died. Once on a window that couldn't be reached from outside. But she was nuts so...

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Thanks for pointing that out, yes it was. It was then borrowed by Hemingway, Metallica and various others. Still a nice turn of phrase though.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That almost sounds like one of those urban legends.
My mom swore she heard three knocks for three days in a row before her mother, my grandma died. Once on a window that couldn't be reached from outside. But she was nuts so...

Maybe she wasn't nut....Maybe she really did hear knocking ? ...you see ghost hunters ,on TV, get ghosts to respond to them by knocking ( of course assuming it true and not set up for TV ratings ) .

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

No she was nuts. Lol

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This might be weird and may sound like craziness if you don't believe in these things but have you ever thought of it being a ghost of a town crier? A town crier was a person employed to make public announcements in the streets or marketplace of a town usually wielding a hand bell. Just a thought

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join