It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing a bell being rang during the night...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
OK. Didn't know what else to call it.

A few years back, I was playing a game, and was up late at night. So I finished gaming and got into bed. Wouldve been maybe around 4.30 am. It was dead quiet. So as I'm lying in bed, I hear this bell ringing.
It would be a small bell I think. Sounded like a handheld metal one. This ringing slowly got louder for a few minutes.
I found it quite strange, it was the dead if night. No noises, just this...
So as it gets louder, it enviably sounds directly outside my home, like extremely close.
From there it starts to very slowly get less loud, like it's moving a few feet away. Then it just stops.

Now it creeped me out. Just because why would someone just be walking with a small bell in the dead of night.

This happened once more a few months later. Same kind of thing. The ringing getting closer for a few minutes. Sounding right outside my place, then pretty much vanished. I looked outside that second time as soon as it stopped. Not a single person or car or anything in any direction.
So weird to say the least hahaha

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFatedOutsider

I think you have schizophrenia.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFatedOutsider Perhaps a cat with a bell on it's little collar... or even a dog? Has this only happened once?
Very interesting story, thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well, Edgar Allen Poe said in his poem about death called "For Whom the Bell Tolls" that "the bell tolls for us all."

Be glad you're still alive.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Ahaha I like that bit I don't feel like it was a malicious or supernatural thing. More just something weird.

And the I think the cat thing would make sense

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Is there a train in your area?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Nah, not remotely close. Not the same kind of bell. Sounded like a small hand bell I think. I do think it was an animal now though

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You, my friend, were suffering from video-game induced Tinnitus.

Ref: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I was playing a game...

Well there you go right there.

I used to play Diablo-whatever so hard that everyday-life-sounds just began to sound like item and gold drops.

One mysterious ghost-bell-after-gaming?

One?

You aren't doing it hard enough.

edit on 13-5-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It could've been the video games. Though I've never had it before in all the years I'm playing but yeah!could very well be!haha makes sense.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFatedOutsider

.... I looked outside that second time as soon as it stopped. Not a single person or car or anything in any direction.

This may be a bit obvious, but next time you may want to look out and turn on some lights before it stops, maybe when it's the loudest/closest... Maybe it is someone with a bell?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NickK3

Fear and in case something creeped me out so I waited haha

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I thought that sounded creepy till i read your post
Quite forgot about belling the cat.That would certainly account for it-and the birds in the cat's area are probably better off too.I recall now that for a while a quite a few years ago our 2 fox terriers also had bells on their collars.The neighbours asked me if i would kindly remove it because it apparently drove their dogs nuts every night,so i did.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Dont people with early stages of certain brain cancers hear things sometimes? Not to get you alarmed bro but if you get dizzy or strain to see things go see a doc.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NickK3

Turn on outside lights though,not the light in the room you're in-otherwise you could be seen too easily when you peek outside.Just in case it is some bell-ringing psycho
probably a cat though.Well i hope so

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I would also put it down to most likely being a cat and would not be worried until you hear a voice calling:
"Bring out your dead".

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

Well, Edgar Allen Poe said in his poem about death called "For Whom the Bell Tolls" that "the bell tolls for us all."

Be glad you're still alive.

John Donne. That was John Donne.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane he he he..... animals with bells is sooo cute... too bad you had to take them off your Fox Terriers.😊

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NickK3

originally posted by: TheFatedOutsider

.... I looked outside that second time as soon as it stopped. Not a single person or car or anything in any direction.

This may be a bit obvious, but next time you may want to look out and turn on some lights before it stops, maybe when it's the loudest/closest... Maybe it is someone with a bell?

If not supernatural, it was probably this.
edit on 13-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I've heard ringings before, most were background effects, but some, only a few were incomprehensible. For instance, high pitched pulses, atypical to what most perceive as ringing, or constant tone. I believe most of my experiences with these tones were purely physical overload of my eardrums in natural occurrences.

All said and explained by my comprehension, lacking albeit; I've heard another odd sound. I was falling asleep about a month back, and I was stirred by something in my pre deep sleep. As I was coming to, I heard and felt in my ears, to the best I can describe, a pop, much like the pop of a champagne cork in my right ear.

My wife was on bookface and I was just lying there, fully aware of my perception. No champagne corks flying, no reaction from my wife to any noise. But I surely heard and felt it; I felt the pressure pop. It didn't hurt, but it was loud.

So yeah, ringing, constant high pitched or low pitched tones, and pressures, including popping noises. I can relate. What I cannot yet understand is the why, or better said upon my typing, is why specifically then?

edit on 14-5-2016 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join