It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really Need Help With Chirping Bird In Nest Outside My House

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Mrgone

Lasiodora parahybana, a Brachypelma vagan and a ball python. All of which get handled when not cranky. Like any pet, pets need attention, even venomous ones with near 1" fangs. Seems sometimes the big girl wants to go for a cruise with daddy and other times seems quite content to hang out and chill on her enrichment while sucking down some noms. I'm not debating the ethics of pets bc its a circular argument that has no end. But all pets need attention not just left to their own devices to be ignored until its time to feed the hungry buggers. My argument was helping a defenseless baby potentially abandoned by the momma. Humans can step in i believe when nature drops the ball and i think should step in when we can but only after its totally sure nothing else can be done. that was my point.
edit on 13-5-2016 by roaland because: spelling

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
a reply to: Mrgone

Lasiodora parahybana, a Brachypelma vagan and a ball python. All of which get handled when not cranky. Like any pet, pets need attention, even venomous ones with near 1" fangs. Seems sometimes the big girl wants to go for a cruise with daddy and other times seems quite content to hang out and chill on her enrichment while sucking down some noms. I'm not debating the ethics of pets bc its a circular argument that has no end. But all pets need attention not just left to their own devices to be ignored until its time to feed the hungry buggers. My argument was helping a defenseless baby potentially abandoned by the momma. Humans can step in i believe when nature drops the ball and i think should step in when we can but only after its totally sure nothing else can be done. that was my point.

So in your opinion, nature drops the ball?

Are you a god?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sling shot, pellet rifle, house cat, no wait....dude...become the falconer....

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I really didn't know where to post this. Sorry mods. I really need help from someone who is educated about birds.

There is a family of birds that nests outside my house every season. But this time there is a baby bird in the nest who is chirping non stop 24 hours a day. Not in spurts. I'm talking peep, peep, peep, peep...at least 4 times a second, ALL.....DAY.

I don't know if it's normal. I've never heard this kind of commotion before from their nests. And I'm worried something is wrong. The little bird sounds like it would be exhausted from chirping, yet he can't stop.

I don't want to check the nest and disrupt the flow and make his Mom possibly reject him. But it's getting sad.

Why is he doing this? Does it mean anything bad? Did his Mom abandon him??

Beg pardon, are you Mother Nature?
If the situation bothers you, do nothing for a long enough period of time, and things will be different!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Put it out of its misery and leave the carcass for other creatures
if it's parents aren't pitching it's gonna be a slow death anyway.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So this story out today illustrates my point perfectly.

"Baby bison dies after Yellowstone tourists put it in their car because it looked cold"

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join