It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really Need Help With Chirping Bird In Nest Outside My House

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
So I have to hear this bird die slowly begging for help.

Man....this sucks.

A good thing - it shouldn't take but another day or so.

And these cries become a call to feast for another predator. This is how nature works. Should be over by Monday

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Man....this sucks.

Actually, good news. I went out and right when I went out I saw his parent fly away from the nest after a noisy feeding.

He's actually a JAY. lol, no wonder. He's just a little noisy butthole.

Good news.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So the nest is like 30 feet up in a tree I can't reach. The parents are gone. I haven't really seen them for a couple days. And he's just wearing himself out. Told the expert about it, and he said it sounds like it's unfortunately abandoned.

Man....this sucks.

If you could reach that high, you could take the nest down and feed it. Oh this is just heart wrenching! I don't know who you called. Was it a wildlife rescue group?

link   

Man....this sucks.

Actually, good news. I went out and right when I went out I saw his parent fly away from the nest after a noisy feeding.

Good news.

So you weren't needed then? Imagine that.

Nature finds a way.

link   

edit on 13-5-2016 by JohnthePhilistine because: (no reason given)

link   
I had an attic conversion as a bedroom as a teenager and you know teenagers like to sleep. At 5am when the chicks started tweeting in the roof space somewhere I was really p1ssed, by 5.15 I had punched a hole in the wall and pushed the cat through. By 5.30 I was fast asleep in silence.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

So the nest is like 30 feet up in a tree I can't reach. The parents are gone. I haven't really seen them for a couple days. And he's just wearing himself out. Told the expert about it, and he said it sounds like it's unfortunately abandoned.

Man....this sucks.

If you could reach that high, you could take the nest down and feed it. Oh this is just heart wrenching! I don't know who you called. Was it a wildlife rescue group?

No, it's cool, I figured it out.

He's just a noisy little butthole JAY. His "Dad" or whoever, was the same one pecking at the mirrors on my car like a nutcase.

Really happy now. False alarm.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Man....this sucks.

Good news.

Oh thank God!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! Poor little baby was hungry.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I am so happy to hear that all turned out well.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone

originally posted by: redhorse

Leave it alone and quit poking your nose into the natural order of things like an average human.

Nature isn't liking for your sympathy or help.

I rescued a hummingbird that was stuck in my garage today. I don't know if she was grateful for my help, but at least she is alive. I guess I should have just let nature take it's course...?

Maybe there is a difference in your story and th OP?

Bird in your domain? Sure, help it find an exit.

Bird in it's own domain? Maybe just let it happen.

My point was that nature isn't waiting around for humans to save it. Save that bird and you may deprive a snake of his next meal.

Where do you believe the line is between helping and interfering?

Hmmm... I suppose there is a line and that is where mine is now that you put it that way. She was in a very human domain where she should not be so I got her out.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mrgone

I happen to have a 5 foot python and two tarantulas, one being a birdeater size so i got a whole plethora of food chain things going on in my house but my first reaction to seeing a nest and no momma wasn't free snake or spider food, it was wondering if they would live. Its a baby, helpless on its own and if abandoned can still be saved by us ruthless heartless humans.
edit on 13-5-2016 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Yeah, my parent's didn't pay attention to me either.

I'm still chirping decades later.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Man....this sucks.

Good news.

Oh thank God!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! Poor little baby was hungry.

Yeah, I was getting bumbed out there. He's just a little SH***...that's all.
edit on 101pm3108America/Chicago15CDT08America/Chicago by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

He's just a noisy little butthole JAY. His "Dad" or whoever, was the same one pecking at the mirrors on my car like a nutcase.

Really happy now. False alarm.

As a happy side note, with some work, you can sort of semi-tame wild blue jays. You might not be able to pet them, but you can generally get them to land on the porch rail and sit by you for some small bribery, like Fritos.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
a reply to: Mrgone

I happen to have a 5 foot python and two tarantulas, one being a birdeater size so i got a whole plethora of food chain things going on in my house but my first reaction to seeing a nest and no momma wasn't free snake or spider food, it was wondering if they would live. Its a baby, helpless on its own and if abandoned can still be saved by us ruthless heartless humans.
you have a good heart

I've had a Haitian Brown, a Rose Haired and a Rose Boa.

Still not going to deprive others of their chance. Even if a worm gets to eat from the carcass of that dead baby bird, is it not " natural"

Your snakes and spider are not living their true potential. They live the life you make them. Not natural.

Are your spiders not intelligent? In that intelligence do you not recognize boredom? I did. Like an elephant in a zoo my Haitian Brown came to realize the boundary of her cage then sank into what can only be described as depression. She ate less, stopped exploring her cage and just sat.

Cages are no place for any creature. And we anthropomorphize everything. This is a uniquely human taught.

edit on 05Fri, 13 May 2016 20:40:51 -0500820165America/Chicago by Mrgone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Leave it alone and quit poking your nose into the natural order of things like an average human.

Nature isn't liking for your sympathy or help.

I rescued a hummingbird that was stuck in my garage today. I don't know if she was grateful for my help, but at least she is alive. I guess I should have just let nature take it's course...?

Maybe there is a difference in your story and th OP?

Bird in your domain? Sure, help it find an exit.

Bird in it's own domain? Maybe just let it happen.

My point was that nature isn't waiting around for humans to save it. Save that bird and you may deprive a snake of his next meal.

Where do you believe the line is between helping and interfering?

Hmmm... I suppose there is a line and that is where mine is now that you put it that way. She was in a very human domain where she should not be so I got her out.
I believe that you did the right thing.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My grandparents used a natural solution for bothersome birds and it also helps curb rodents.

They had blacksnakes in and around their house. My uncle would catch them wherever he could find them and take them to their house to release them. They had them in their basement and under their porches and in the barn.

A blacksnake will go right up a wall to get to that meal waiting in the nest.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've got 4 chirping birds inside right now that wont shut up!

I swear if these little bastards don't give me at least 4 eggs a day, I'm frying em!

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Were birds created before Man? If so, they're higher up on God's priority list than we are.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
BB gun...works every time...
Tip...aim high.
Cheers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join