It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: xuenchen

Well, so far, I know Texas has basically told them to keep the money.

One person speaks for Texas?

One person spoke for NC. How's that going?

Lots of people speak for both, and agree with the statements made. Far more people stand for decency in these places than stand for perversions.

Decency would be to accept LGBT and treat them with respect.

There is real life and professional evidence of transgender, far more so then your single narrow minded opinion that it is a perversion.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Well, so far, I know Texas has basically told them to keep the money. Don't know a lot about the Texas governor, but that's a good stance! I'd like to see forty-nine more states follow suit. Get the feds out of the schools entirely. In Texas, the governor stated that it's the free and reduced price lunches that they'd lose, so the White House is trying to punish poor students, effectively, with this illegal ultimatum.

.....and people ask why we home school.....

No.

www.newswest9.com...

*snip*

"No."?? What you posted does not, in any way, negate or disprove what I posted. Not even close.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Lots of people speak for both, and agree with the statements made. Far more people stand for decency in these places than stand for perversions.

There is real life and professional evidence of transgender, far more so then your single narrow minded opinion that it is a perversion.

Treating someone with respect would include offering treatment for a mental disorder, not pretending such a diorder wasn't one.

My "opinion" is far from a "single" one. The vast majority of comments I read on this issue show that most agree with me. Your continued attempts to belittle anyone who dares to disagree with yu will never change that. Instead of posting data, you post personal opinions.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

This issue is about a small minority dictating to the greater, I guess we are programmed to accept that

Nope, it's about the equal application of Federal law to protect all Americans.

See US Constitution, Amendments V and XIV.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Treating someone with respect would include offering treatment for a mental disorder, not pretending such a diorder wasn't one.

My "opinion" is far from a "single" one. The vast majority of comments I read on this issue show that most agree with me. Your continued attempts to belittle anyone who dares to disagree with yu will never change that. Instead of posting data, you post personal opinions.

Your opinion is not a single one, notably, but that doesn't mean your opinion is factual.

Are you really basing your reality on the number of internet comments that agree with you? Or at least, that confirmation bias records for you? LOL.

Please post the scientific data that proves that different gender identities are a mental disorder, since you bring it up.

Thank you kindly, in advance.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

My "opinion" is far from a "single" one.

You are One. It comes from you.

I never claimed there weren't others like you.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This isn't really bad at all some people need to be forced to see how hateful and ignorant they are being.

It really is simple guys. Trans people like anyone else want things out of life. Going to the movies, Shopping, Hanging out with family and friends taking a dump or pissing when they need to.

Now you see for Trans people doing a lot of the things that they love become harder because I mean, as social creatures who desire companionship not being seen as who you are can be troublesome and it really puts a damper in their own happiness which doesn't affect anyone one bit but themselves because THEY are the ones having to fork out an ass ton of money to transition.

Isn't it called being human when we support our fellow people that go through injustice? Whether it be due to race gender identity sexuality people are being murdered for walking down the street being themself. That in itself should be enough to say hey maybe the way these people are seen is...not cool?

and by the way some people here never learned what the difference between an opinion and fact was which is truly sad. Your "opinion" of other people being freaks of nature that shouldn't exist or are wrong for wanting to live a life like you and anyone else is a pointless hatred based in nothing.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
Nobody is attacking the Christian religion.

Yes they are... If the government were to implement a mandate right now saying that cows are not sacred, hence Hindus should not see cows as sacred and you want to claim that is not an attack on the belief of that religion?

For thousands of years marriage was a holy union between a man and a woman. Abrahamic religions, among others, have held marriage as a sacred ceremony between man and woman. Again, why not make a different "civil" arrangement instead of forcing a belief held by millions into what the government and a few people want it to be?

Why force an issue about trangender people using whatever bathroom they "feel comfortable in using" when there are a lot more people who would be "uncomfortable" about a person who thinks that he is a woman but still has his male organs being able to use female restrooms?

So you want to make "uncomfortable" a majority so a few can be "comfortable"? Why not include another separate restroom, or separate a couple of stalls just like disabled stalls exist?

Christians are free to worship in church.

It is ironic that some of the same people who always proclaim that "state/government and religion should be separate" which is right, yet when such measures benefits those same people they are more than happy to let "government mandate religion what to belief"...

or birth control or abortions.

First of all, please learn the fact that most religious people don't want to force you not to abort. But they do talk about it being a crime because in the end whether you want to admit it or not, a human fetus is an innocent human being... Human fetuses are not a viruses, they are a totally different person forming inside a woman. If you are a woman and you want to abort go ahead, but don't force people who don't agree with abortion to pay for abortions as if it was your right because it isn't.

You want an abortion? Pay yourself for it, or set up a fund/charity in which people who want to pay for the abortion of others can do it meanwhile those who do not agree with abortion are not forced to pay for them...

They are free to believe gayness is a mental illness, no matter how uninformed that is.

You know, gayness has been accepted by a majority of people without ht law mandating it, but when you want to force females to share a bathroom with a person who still has male sexual parts is wrong... It leaves a door open for more perverts to claim they are "transgender" when it is not true and they just want to peek, take photos, or worse among other problems.

They should not be free to block other people's rights.

You mean the right to block the rights of others? As in not defending females that do not want to be in a bathroom with a person who still has male sexual parts?...

They should not be free to deny birth control access to people who 'believe' in birth control.

If you want birth control you pay for it... Otherwise make a fund/charity for people who want to pay for the birth control of others.

They should not be free to make abortion rights illegal for rational people who don't 'believe' it's murder.

A human fetus is human yes or no?... Are human fetuses part of the homo sapien species yes or no?...

An innocent human being who has never harmed anyone, being killed mostly for "convenience" is not rational at all... if the mother's life was at risk that's completely different.

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. And we urge you, brothers, admonish the idle, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with them all.
See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seeks to do good to one another and to everyone.
I Thessalonians 5:11-5:15

You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to like it. But according to your own God you should be loving and kind to others, not going out of your way to put them down and make their lives harder. And, might I add, it's mighty pretentious to think you know the will of God enough to pass judgement on others. God put these people on earth, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just for Christians to jack with them.

Love thy neighbor, yo!

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”

biblia.com...

After the Earth was created Elohim/God made Adam, the first man. And Elohim saw that Adam was lonely, and from his rib he made his companion a woman.

Genesis 2:18
Embed

18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; n I will make him a helper fit for him.”

biblia.com...

Genesis 2:21–22
Embed

So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man.

biblia.com...

I do not hate, nor wish any harm to anyone in the LGBT community, but forcing your own ideology on religious people by government mandate is wrong. Again, if the LGBT community had made their own civic union it would have been different.

If two people of the same sex want to be together it is your/their choice. But to force this view on religious people is not a right.

There are already LGBT groups who have sued religion institutions into accepting unconditionally government mandate, and forcing them into performing same sex marriages in religious institutions and that is wrong.

edit on 18-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's a clear mental disorder. There is no genetic cause, and it was classified as such until political pressure caused that to change. Politics don't change the reality, however. It's a disservice to such people to NOT treat them, considering the massively high suicide rates for the group, especially after surgeries. It's cruel.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

It's a clear mental disorder. There is no genetic cause, and it was classified as such until political pressure caused that to change. Politics don't change the reality, however. It's a disservice to such people to NOT treat them, considering the massively high suicide rates for the group, especially after surgeries. It's cruel.

It is NOT a mental disorder.

But, I'm beginning to think those who refuse to accept what Professionals say that specialize in transgender care, do have a mental disorder.

edit on 18-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It certainly is, political changes notwithstanding.

Typical, though, to label your opposition. Have fun with that. Not playing tonight.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

It certainly is, political changes notwithstanding.

Typical, though, to label your opposition. Have fun with that. Not playing tonight.

Transgender is NOT a mental illness.

No matter how many times you say it.

To continue with incorrect and uneducated opinions only reflects back on you.

edit on 18-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Sure, that's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. Don't pretend it's factual, though.

The fact of statistically higher suicide among trans* folks could be exactly related to opinions like yours.

They're labeled as insane, mentally ill, perverse, etc. etc., simply because their reality doesn't match up with yours.

If you truly wanted to help them (and you'll pardon my skepticism) you'd try to change your opinions to more closely match reality, a reality that says, from thousands if not millions of medical and psychological professionals, scientists and researchers, that being Trans* is NOT a mental illness, it's not a phase or delusion or any other vile and demeaning term, and more importantly, that Trans* folk can be aided through modern technology to find as much peace with themselves and the world as possible.

You'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath waiting for "you and yours" to do much in regard to the latter.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

I'm sure there are a lot of problems in the school system, such as your kid not getting the help he or she needs. It's extremely important to give everyone a good education. But it's very hard to fix those problems. Letting transgender kids use bathrooms is an easy fix. So it should be done even if there are more important issues that need attention as well.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

But, I'm beginning to think those who refuse to accept what Professionals say that specialize in transgender care, do have a mental disorder.

The guy who has studied this phenomenon for DECADES says it is

cnsnews.com...

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

That guy is a religious fanatic, and no other reputable doctors agree with him (with the exception of other religious fanatics).

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

That guy is a religious fanatic, and no other reputable doctors agree with him (with the exception of other religious fanatics).

Oh yes of course, it's always the religion that comes into play and NOT their professional credentials, and that guys professional credentials are among the best and that is no argument. The only argument against him is to "character assassinate" the guy. Call him a religious fanatic...that should do.

Psychiatrists being forced to toe the line is no different than Obama forcing this agenda on schools, it does not mean teachers agree but they have to toe the line also or may lose funding or their jobs. The linguistic gymnastics that they have had to play over the past decade speaks volumes. It's not a "mental illness" anymore it's a "mental condition". Separating the terms gender and sex, renaming Gender Identity disorder to "Gender Dysphoria", coming up with the terms "sex assigned at birth". And to think, if you have a different opinion you are labeled WITH a mental illness, a phobia, an irrational fear of something, a "trans-phobic" person. All turning everything backwards and upside down.

It is no more BS than the US government saying the Guantanamo Bay inmates were having "advanced interrogation techniques administered to them" rather than simply stating the fact that they were being TORTURED. I'll give credit to the English language, it is definitely flexible. A marketing godsend, no wonder the British and Americans have been the best at business.

The trouble is, is that people who are suffering from gender dysphoria can also suffer from species dysphoria at the same time. Oh of course a guy who thinks he should be a chimp, but also has feelings of being a women just has a "mental condition", its just a dysphoria and one day hopefully he'll get his wish of being who he truly is!!

What the west is doing is replacing REALITY with IDEAS, rather than basing their IDEAS on REALITY. Which is dangerous. I just want to know what the real agenda is.

Surely it can't be the fact that that convincing every single American with 'gender dysphoria' to go along with sexual reassignment surgery creates a new industry worth over $30,000,000,000?? And that is just USA alone. .... Wow, just imagine the industry worth in the future when the people who believe they should be dogs and cats, and chimps try and get their wish of masquerading as something they are not.

Unfortunately we live in a world were MONEY rules and this situation is no different, do the transgender community REALLY Think the government cares about them? Since when has government EVER cared about human rights? The government has never cared about 99% of the population, so why the hell would they care about the 0.2%?

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology

The guy who has studied this phenomenon for DECADES says it is

cnsnews.com...

McHugh has been totally debunked by every legitimate professional in the LGBT field.

That is just fact.

Continuing to use McHugh as your source only makes you look ignorant.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

McHugh has been debunked by every legitimate professional in the LGBT field in my opinion.

That is just my opinion.

Continuing to use a legitimate professional who has excellent credentials going back decades is something I cannot agree with because it is contrary to my opinion

Fixed your post.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Note to self: Kaylaluv to English Dictionary

Religious Fanatic = Doctor Kaylaluv doesn't agree with.
Fact = Something Kaylaluv agrees with.
Name Calling = Bad...unless Kaylaluv doesn't agree with the person's opinion.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join