It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Good lord, why do so many Americans have their knickers in such a twist about who uses what bathroom.

It's a bathroom. It doesn't matter where people pee. Just make them unisex already.

Really ignorant statement honestly... no women wants to gear me take a # I promise you that.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

Good lord, why do so many Americans have their knickers in such a twist about who uses what bathroom.

It's a bathroom. It doesn't matter where people pee. Just make them unisex already.

Really ignorant statement honestly... no women wants to gear me take a # I promise you that.

Lol your the one whos ignorant, nobody cares about how you #.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Lmfao! How does a man's pee and a woman's pee sound any different? There was a woman taking a dump in a public restroom the other day and it was just as gnarly as any man.

As long as you're not watching me go or putting your hands on me, I don't really give a flying rat's ass what you do.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You seem to be somewhat "up" on what this is all about.

I'm really and entirely ignorant about this "trans gender" problem, so....as a sincere request for a favor, could you please explain to me...........what the heck is the problem here?

My wife says that the problem is that if a trans gender person wants to get the operation they have to live a year as the gender they believe they should be while they undergo hormone treatment...........so they'd need to use the restroom of the gender they feel they should have been born as, which I guess would mean a boy who believes, feels, sense, (whatever), he's really a girl, would need to use the girls bathroom for that year as he lives as a girl and gets the hormone treatment? So.......Obama has ordered the public schools to allow that?

But really.........we're talking about people I suppose under the age of 18? So..........does anyone under the age of 18 actually undergo the sex change thing?

I guess if there's a problem........they could do what they've done in my state. We're very fortunate to live in a State with great rest stops on the Interstates. So, at these rest stops they have 3 bathrooms. One for Ladies, one for Men and the third is a "family" restroom, one occupancy only. By that I mean, for example, a mom and her little boy to use because she doesn't want to take him into either of the other restrooms. (They're also equipped with baby diaper changing tables and all the stuff for the handicapped and such).

I just don't know WHAT a school district could do about the locker rooms, although even at the time my daughters were in High School, half their girl buddies refused to use the High School Gym locker room claiming it was creepy.

So..........can you fill me in on this issue?
Thanks

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
a reply to: xuenchen

Doesn't it include locker rooms, dorms, and sports teams?

Obama might send that letter out next month.

What we are seeing this month is a lock-jaw response to the N. Carolina issues and lawsuits.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The way I understand it is, these trans kids feel either safer or more comfortable going to the restroom of their affirmed gender, regardless of whether they are on hormones yet, or whether they are preparing for sexual reassignment surgery. At this point, they are usually just dressed like their affirmed gender, including hairstyles, make up, etc. It depends on their age as to whether they are on puberty blockers or hormones. The schools require that the parents of these kids contact administration to let them know that they are transgender (just meaning that they identify as the opposite gender from their birth sex and are undergoing counseling/puberty blocking/hormones/whatever).

Forcing them to go against their affirmed gender, while allowing others to go to the restrooms of their affirmed gender is seen as discrimination. Forcing these trans kids to go to "special" bathrooms, like the staff bathroom, sets them apart from everyone else, which would also be seen as discrimination (kind of like separate bathrooms for blacks).

As far as locker rooms and showers, most trans kids don't feel comfortable going to either boys or girls, so they usually try to opt out altogether, or they try to be as discreet as possible (but that's pretty much what all kids do).

Some states, like California, have had these anti-discrimination laws in place for many years now, so schools there have been allowing trans kids to go to the restrooms of their affirmed gender for a long time. There doesn't appear to be any great issue there.

mediamatters.org...

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Transgender people can literally, by virtue of their numbers, be labeled freaks of nature. That's what we're dealing with here. Freaks.

I know that isn't very nice to hear, but percentage-wise they truly are.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I guess transphobes aren't freaks then, because there is apparently a whoooooole lot of 'em.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I guess transphobes aren't freaks then, because there is apparently a whoooooole lot of 'em.

Transphobes? You mean the rationale fear of the unknown which is literally wired into the fabric of human nature? You're faulting people who exhibit caution or fear towards something they most likely don't have experience with? Are you anti-human?
edit on 14-5-2016 by Tempter because: Sp

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234

I don't care.

I have issues with those who have issues over natural bodily functions.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

A phobia is an irrational fear or aversion to something that is often times quite harmless.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Thank you for your sincere post and desire to be informed from a knowledgeable poster.

Laylaluv is indeed a poster you can rely on for honesty and knowledge.

BTW, surgery is not a requirement. It is a personal choice.

edit on 14-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

A phobia is an irrational fear or aversion to something that is often times quite harmless.

I'm going to be honest with you. I don't have a lot of experience with Trans people. The small amount I do have, living in an average-sized city in the US, only furthers my desires to not be around them. I find they are mostly confused on multiple levels, are social outcasts and also experience financial difficulties. These aren't the type of people I want around me or my kids. Again, these are my experiences.

But these experiences have led me to my beliefs, generalized as they may be, for the efficient categorization and prioritization in my life.

Call it what you want, but my reasoning is far from irrational. In fact, it makes perfect sense to me.

Now, if I was exposed daily or even just often to Trans individuals who exhibit qualities I'd like to be around, I think my mind would change.

Is this truly irrational behavior? Or have the proponents of theach LGBT movement merely created a word to guilt others into thinking the way they want?

I think we all know the answer to that.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Transgender people can literally, by virtue of their numbers, be labeled freaks of nature. That's what we're dealing with here. Freaks.

Redheads and Lefthanders would be considered freaks by your way of thinking.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Stick around ATS, there are a few quite respectable transgender individuals here, who have spoken out to help educate people. You might learn something, if you can have an open mind and not be insulting.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Transphobes? You mean the rationale fear of the unknown which is literally wired into the fabric of human nature? You're faulting people who exhibit caution or fear towards something they most likely don't have experience with? Are you anti-human?

Rational?

My 8 year old knows "people are their heart".

He knows there are differences in people. It's who they are as a person that matters.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Thanks Annee! That's a true compliment coming from someone who probably knows a lot more than I do!

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I suppose you're right. But I have experience with redheads (I myself have red hair along with my two boys), and the difference to me isn't shocking or seem unnatural. Boys acting like girls does. Girls wanting to use boys bathrooms do.

Hair color isn't a mental illness. And that's what we're dealing with here, a disorder.

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-5-2016 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2016 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

a reply to: In4ormant

I'm normal. You are not.

It does amaze me how some can spew all kinds of insults (even though they're mostly oblivious to what they're saying), then get all pissy if you call them on it.

I'm not pissy. I haven't insulted anyone here. Your both spouting nonsense.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I suppose you're right. But I have experience with redheads (I myself have red hair along with my two boys), and the difference to me isn't shocking or seem unnatural. Boys acting like girls does. Girls wanting to use boys bathrooms do.

Hair color isn't a mental illness.

If your body was totally mangled, you'd still know in your brain who you are. Even though looking at your mangled physical body doesn't match what's in your brain.

It's not a boy acting like a girl. It's a girl (in her brain), who happened to be born into the wrong packaging.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join