It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gives Sweeping Guidance to Schools on Transgender Students

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'd love to see how a bunch of 15 year old boys react to the person in the top picture going into their bathroom. Or how a bunch of 15 year old girls react to the person in the bottom picture going into their bathroom.

+8 more 
posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She's a sh*t stirrer trying to be controversial for no other reason but to stir sh*t. I've seen it before.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: seeker1963

The Obama Administration is defining "gender identity" as part of "sex" in the non discrimination based on sex.

However, this will ultimately be up to courts to decide- if identity falls under sex in definition.

Yea, I get that.

This administration is famous for not only choosing what laws not to adhere to, but also what laws to unlawfully define and enforce.

Do these people really think that Obama cares about their feelings? This is a hot button issue that will create the desired outrage and further a civil uprising in this country.

link   
Somehow the Obama administration and the friends in the MSM keep leaving out: showers and changing rooms. Think a girl is hot, follower her into the girls changing room and shower beside her, or sit there-play with your phone-while she showers, or freak her out that she either doesn't want to shower or doesn't want to do the event.

If Obama was a republican, can you see the headlines, "Obama's war on women."

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Is there are is there not a law that prohibits discrimination based on sex in federally funded education? Based on that, couldn't non-adherence to this law result in lawsuits or removal of federal funding?

Isn't Obama just pointing out facts that currently exist? How is that authoritarian?

I'm confident you can quote the exact language in the affected law(s).

Educate us please.

I agree with Obama. Let the courts look at the language of the law and decide.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You guys are going bankrupt and you make a big fuss about public toilets.

Oh my gawd those evil people ar taking over our bathrooms.
edit on 13-5-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Is there are is there not a law that prohibits discrimination based on sex in federally funded education? Based on that, couldn't non-adherence to this law result in lawsuits or removal of federal funding?

Isn't Obama just pointing out facts that currently exist? How is that authoritarian?

I'm confident you can quote the exact language in the affected law(s).

Educate us please.

actually that he asked a question, he didnt make a statement.

but, yea, this is a circus now. wait until people start "identifying" with 'other' things... if trans get their way, why couldnt paople who identify with 'other' get their way.

i wonder how kids managed back in the 70s or the 11th century....

what a country.
this is the kind of issue the office is taking firm stances against... theres no other imminent issues to deal with.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

This is a hot button issue that will create the desired outrage and further a civil uprising in this country.

This is a hot button issue today that will die down after no horrible thing happens, just like with same-sex marriage.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
On a side note:

If a man tried to follow either of the 1st daughters into a changing area. How much would you like to bet, at least one guy with a gun would try to stop the man from following the first daughters into a changing area.

He would thank them for stopping the man and protecting his daughters, just like he is raising the wall around his house to protect his family.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So, honestly...
You don't think, with all this stupidity, a 17 year old boy, that isn't "transgender", isn't going to go in the girls bathroom? Why should he get into trouble?

Boys were trying it WAY back when I was in school.

+10 more 
posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If you seriously agree with this kind of forced abuse on the innocent and majority parts of the population, I can't wait to see what you look like in a burqa 10 yrs from now snowflake.

link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah and if we let gays marry, we're gonna see people marrying their dogs and their toasters, and it's gonna be awful!!!

link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
You guys are going bankrupt and you make a big fuss about public toilets.

Oh my gawd those evil people ar taking over our bathrooms.

Not "Us", Obama.

He's a professional diverter.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Good lord, why do so many Americans have their knickers in such a twist about who uses what bathroom.

It's a bathroom. It doesn't matter where people pee. Just make them unisex already.

(post by awareness10 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is abuse of power by Obama, can't be any more clear cut.

If parents object, then their children are denied an education and there is no law passed by Congress yet for a citizen to abide by on the subject.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Could you get just a small clue on how it works?

Transgender kids have been working with doctors/psychiatrists/endocrinologists. The parents have been in communication with the school. The school admin knows who the transgender kids are. It's not like there are hundreds of them in every school. There's like one, maybe two or three in a large school.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

The 1st's go to private schools.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I only care when it pertains to schools, that don't have individual bathrooms with locks. Most schools have large ones with stalls, that are open at the top and bottom.

Hey, if they fixed that, fine.

I don't freak about using the one stall'er at the gas station. The door has a lock.
I only care if you weren't very clean.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Mostly, it is the media driving this frenzy and the PC crowd/ social justice warriors who help to perpetuate it. "More laws! Government intervention, blah blah blah" it's a bunch of CRAP. We should be able to figure out a reasonable solution WITHOUT more government, more laws etc. but the powers that be would rather us all fight each other so we don't focus on the important stuff that's going on.

We need to stop crying out "government control!" anytime we are unhappy about something. When will people get it!? US Tax code is so freakin long it would take a lifetime to read through it. Think that's all necessary? People get offended and want "a new law" put in place. That s*** needs to stop.

That's how it works in America, don'tcha know that by now? It's easy for the rest of the world to say "Those Americans" but when over 93% of the media is owned by 3 corporations who are in bed with our politicians and lobbyists, us civilians will be too wrapped up with the issues they shove down our throat to be able to focus on anything meaningful.
edit on 13-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join